• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

mottykytu

4/6/13
From what I can see, it's looking very good, surely they are capable of producing good dial when you think of the white, so it could be.
Hard to judge from pics & video, but that come closer to the grail that many blue dial enthusiast are looking for, aka this touch of grey in the dial.

I'm just skeptic about such a quick release, in the current context of temporary raids and pressure on the rep market and on the fact that it seemed that PPF was more or less just a one shot rep maker : 5711 in multiple variations and done with it.

I've asked my contact if he was willing to at least give me a sum up of the content of the video

That quickly release seem great for the market but also seem bad for people who already bought the V1 PPF Blue? don't they?

also do not know if the fix the bracelet problem !

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I'm just skeptic about such a quick release, in the current context of temporary raids and pressure on the rep market and on the fact that it seemed that PPF was more or less just a one shot rep maker : 5711 in multiple variations and done with it.

PPF is initiated by ZF for Patek projects only as far as i know. So maybe it is possible the 5711 is the only model of interest in this range (for the first step) but i can imaging that their future will be bright. Maybe ZF is outsourcing all its PP projects to focus on other points of interest.

The only thing i was doubtful about was the release of the first blue version exactly when the white was launched and the blue looked clearly rushed...

Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
PPF is initiated by ZF for Patek projects only as far as i know. So maybe it is possible the 5711 is the only model of interest in this range (for the first step) but i can imaging that their future will be bright. Maybe ZF is outsourcing all its PP projects to focus on other points of interest.

The only thing i was doubtful about was the release of the first blue version exactly when the white was launched and the blue looked clearly rushed...

Could be also they saw that their release was very well welcomed and thought that it would be stupid to stop there.

They'll do the usual fix one thing at at time to sell more stuff, annoying, but we are used to it.

I have no insider info on them so I can only speculate with you guys.

I'll let you know about the video translation if I get anything from that

Reactions: tmp2018

mottykytu

4/6/13

hmm this is a good (unknown) news, do you have any sources for this?

Keylog74

14/6/13
I've asked my contact if he was willing to at least give me a sum up of the content of the video

The video talks about the NEW blue dial from PPF and i had this confirmed. Watch will release no closer than next week and only samples available for now. I might buy this sample tomorrow if the photos the that i will receive will be good enough.

Keylog74

14/6/13
af1406ca84248b836622f713680e0840.jpg

Reactions: roflwaffles

mottykytu

4/6/13
pleaseee help a full in-depth review about that "may be beautiful enough" dial Keylog74 !

This not a new, it's been said by TD and makers right from the start of the PPF talk :)
wow I did not know that, thanks for your infor, just think that they are new star here. But that seem all the Patek from ZF will be pass to PPF now and they have done really good job on Patek like the Aquanaut, Calatrava and this PPF !

Last edited:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Here is a comparison pic. Dial is different to my eyes, being an owner of the blue PPF.

970E9EE3-8B37-4D76-BAD5-4C79B57024085591f42b36109502.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kombazz

RM027 Lover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/19
Just watched with video. Looks amazing. Does it look like the thick bezel width has been rectified?

mottykytu

4/6/13
Here is a comparison pic. Dial is different to my eyes, being an owner of the blue PPF.

they are obviously different, the point is that such a quick release may hurt people who already own a PPF blue V1.

seem like you have to have the new blue gray as soon as it released !

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Just watched with video. Looks amazing. Does it look like the thick bezel width has been rectified?

The guy in the vid, via google translate, was seeming to say that the overall case shape hasn't been updated; but then earlier in the video he said this new dial is not an update but it's a whole new watch. So I don't know. My eyes tell me it looks the same as the v1 bezel

Reactions: OverTheTop

OverTheTop

Known Member
12/11/14
http://m.v.qq.com/page/r/0/v/r0887ceibjv.html

here is another video showing this possible new “grey blue” dial...different lights but “same” result.

I’m a bit confused...because in some videos the blue dial seems so different from other videos (sometimes has the purple effect, sometimes seems electric blue and sometimes seems a beautiful deep blue - and you can see how the blue PPF seems beautiful in a video of the same channel/account)

So this “Gray/blue” could be the gray dial recorded with a good light and without “filter”...

Also translating the title and reading “[new version]” make confusion...

The only thing that I can say is that the PF Gray dial in some photos had a bit of this purple effect but in hand the effect was like that “gray/blue” PPF...much light because it was 98% gray and 2% blue/light blue but not purple and not only grey shades...

OverTheTop

Known Member
12/11/14
The guy in the vid, via google translate, was seeming to say that the overall case shape hasn't been updated; but then earlier in the video he said this new dial is not an update but it's a whole new watch. So I don't know. My eyes tell me it looks the same as the v1 bezel

Probably saying something like “not an update but and whole new watch” he’s intending that the watch is the same but it is a 4th dial.. Because I can’t see any important changes except the color of the dial to state that it is a whole new watch

mottykytu

4/6/13

May be he mean it is not just the update of blue dial v1 anymore but the whole new dial colour?

RM027 Lover

14/5/19

Thank you, agreed

RM027 Lover

14/5/19

Thank you, agreed

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
i watched the video; i wasn’t paying too much attention to what was said but the video is basically just a QC, zero info on changes between versions or anything like that

all he says is stuff like “movement is dust free” “crystal is flat” “lume is decent”