• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
How often should i post gen pictures with a too long crown? :D

i‘ve posted several ones in the past... and still there are complains about this silly thing. Once you have it in your hands and on your wrist every doubt should be gone as the over all appearance is what really matters and not 0.1mm differences in specs compared to the gen.

Dont ruin a possible joy - give it a try - if you dont like it flip it in a sec in the M2M area - should not be a big deal :)

It seems that some member have a memory of around 3secs ... we have to keep repeating the same things again and again ...

Reactions: BIONONE

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
How often should i post gen pictures with a too long crown? :D

i‘ve posted several ones in the past... and still there are complains about this silly thing. Once you have it in your hands and on your wrist every doubt should be gone as the over all appearance is what really matters and not 0.1mm differences in specs compared to the gen.

Dont ruin a possible joy - give it a try - if you dont like it flip it in a sec in the M2M area - should not be a big deal :)

LOL!!!!!!!

Havoc

Looking Around
7/6/19
Does anyone know when Patek created the flat surface on the 5711 dial where their name is inscribed vs. the versions where the name is inscribed on the ridges? I noticed PPF uses the former style, while the MK v6 uses the latter.... Thanks!

baia64

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/16
Italia
Does anyone know when Patek created the flat surface on the 5711 dial where their name is inscribed vs. the versions where the name is inscribed on the ridges? I noticed PPF uses the former style, while the MK v6 uses the latter.... Thanks!

OverTheTop

Known Member
12/11/14
So you are saying that tone can be misinterpreted but yet your talking about mine like you know how it is ... well, doesn't start well for the credibility of your next arguments... :silly:

Look, is not me the one who started badly, it's you that's keeping on the wrong way.
This joke you made doesn't make sense ... I realized that my tones could be misunderstood because they could be interpreted either as altered tones or not - which is why I wanted to clarify that they were not altered - instead of your tones that they were evidently altered given the firmness with which you wrote "First of all, your lower your virtual tone with me." So that's why I was talking about yours as if I had known how they were.
And to finish with the bad joke you made, this time it's me that invite you (with love - just to clarify my intention) to review your impolite and presumptuous ways because:
1. From me it does not seem you did not had respect
2. You don't know who is on the other side so your approach - especially cause you are part of the staff- should be polite not inappropriate and disrespectful

However…

So like I said, nothing added to the debate, nothing reliable about your infos, just opinions stated as facts.

Here I can't understand if you don't want to understand me or you can't understand me ... Surely my English is not the best because it's not my first language but I think it's obvious that I specified that what I write is based on facts not only on ideas or opinions. If I’ve said that I had in hand PPF-PF-MKF and gen and i compared it, this is not opinion is a fact. If the PPF is near to the gen overall is a fact not an opinion. So I am wondering why you wrote "just opinions stated as facts"

By the way you can't base the reliability of a user on how many threads or reviews this has done or at least on its activity on the forum. It could help to know him better but if you know for real of what you’re talking about you can value users from what they say. I don’t think to saying wrong things.
I'm talking about real, tangible, indisputable aspects and data that anyone - including you - can easily go to see. Through those you can evaluate the best alternative among the 3 models.

PPF blue dial is different, but is it better ? It's in the eye of the person wearing it

It is here that I think you are wrong: insisting that the weight of the defects of the 3 models is something to be evaluated subjectively is not correct because in the end we are here to find the most similar replica and not to determine who has more taste on the shades of blue. In fact, although the blue and the gray of the PPF are not yet identical to the gen, they are however those that resemble it more: this factor combined with a good thickness and a good bracelet lead to the conclusion that, even if you consider it subjective but unfortunately it isn't, the PPF is the most suitable choice for those who want a replica very close to gen

Remember and read again, I've never said that any model was better than the other, there's a compromise to make on every model at the moment, so you can't have a definitive answer on that, as people will find flaws and things they dislike in every model.
MKF is not thick at all, at least on the V5, it's exactly 9mm and bracelet is perfectly fine even for small wrists, but there's always bad batches and problems on reps, just look at the bracelets issue of the PPF

Compromises? Yes! But the subject is always the same, comparing them to gen.
I agree with you that these 3 factories each have their own flaws but what I'm trying to say is that the PPF - among the 3 - is the one with minor defects which - compared to those that PF and MKF has - point out less than this is a replica.

9mm for a 5711 are many and definitely make the difference! If, as you said, you had the chance to compare MKF to a Gen, you would have realized it right away!

Indeed in this model (as also with the 15400/15202) even only 0.2mm change everything. These are models that must look like a glove on the wrist.

If the most important aspects of a 5711 are thickness, flexibility and color of the dial, and we put those three watches on a table near to a gen we can see that:

MKF : starting from the thickness it should be out of the game even if it has a quite good dial and passable flexibility of the bracelet. Good Crown - Good Bezel

PF : starting from the dial it should be of the game even if it is thinner than the MKF. Good crown. Good Bezel

PPF : good thickness(nearest to the gen), good dial (nearest to the gen), good bracelet (nearest to the gen) - “Bad” crown - “Bad” Bezel

So tell me what you would choose (to take something near to the gen) or convince me to take the others.

It's not objective at all, it's highly subjective and frankly it's just confusing people to see this old debate starting again

I'm sorry that you see the fact that the PPF could be the best as a subjective thing because from what you say you also have experience with the gen and therefore you should be able to see, understand and share what I am saying.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
OverTheTop thanks for explaining your thoughts in details. I don't want to add to the debate here, on the contrary I'll try to bridge divergent positions ;) I would humbly suggest you to consider a couple of things:

1) the priority that you allocate to the flaws is indeed very personal. Some people don't care about thickness for example because in their eyes something else is a bigger deal. I'm a big fan of the PPF (white), but some members here couldn't live with the thick crown, whereas I don't care.

2) there are several variations of the gen dial, so the one you had in hands may have a different colour than the one that Glaude had, and therefore your conclusion on which rep has the closer dial may diverge
Cheers guys ;)

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Oh god Overthetop your whole post is :facepalm:

So I'll answer some of the points for one last time, but after that, stop posting stuff like that, I'm not asking, if you wish to answer me and continue this debate, I have a PM box and you are welcome to you use as much as you want.

Look, is not me the one who started badly, it's you that's keeping on the wrong way.
This joke you made doesn't make sense ... I realized that my tones could be misunderstood because they could be interpreted either as altered tones or not - which is why I wanted to clarify that they were not altered - instead of your tones that they were evidently altered given the firmness with which you wrote "First of all, your lower your virtual tone with me." So that's why I was talking about yours as if I had known how they were.
And to finish with the bad joke you made, this time it's me that invite you (with love - just to clarify my intention) to review your impolite and presumptuous ways because:
1. From me it does not seem you did not had respect
2. You don't know who is on the other side so your approach - especially cause you are part of the staff- should be polite not inappropriate and disrespectful

I'll ignore this non sense because you obviously didn't get it the first time, no point of trying to explain it to you again and this is at best tiresome for other people to read has it has nothing to do with the subject.

I think it's obvious that I specified that what I write is based on facts not only on ideas or opinions. If I’ve said that I had in hand PPF-PF-MKF and gen and i compared it, this is not opinion is a fact. If the PPF is near to the gen overall is a fact not an opinion.

You are not familiar with the concept of a "fact" are you ? So because you, allegedly (I don't believe you one bit but that's not the point), had all of those in hand and a gen, and compared it, it's a fact ?
That's exactly an opinion, you had them, and YOU thought something of them, that doesn't make it a fact. Hence :

you wrote "just opinions stated as facts"

By the way you can't base the reliability of a user on how many threads or reviews this has done or at least on its activity on the forum.

Of course it is, how the heck would you judge the credibility of someone talking, are we supposed to blindly believe everyone that post here ? I didn't post any proof of my gen comparison, hence why I took care to never state anything as a fact, but always as my personal opinion on the subject with the knowledge I shared and showed. I agreed with opposing opinion than mine and I'm not blindly rooting for any side, and I'm especially not going around saying "trust me" to anyone, unlike you do, that's what "impose an opinion" is.

It is here that I think you are wrong: insisting that the weight of the defects of the 3 models is something to be evaluated subjectively is not correct because in the end we are here to find the most similar replica and not to determine who has more taste on the shades of blue. In fact, although the blue and the gray of the PPF are not yet identical to the gen, they are however those that resemble it more: this factor combined with a good thickness and a good bracelet lead to the conclusion that, even if you consider it subjective but unfortunately it isn't, the PPF is the most suitable choice for those who want a replica very close to gen

Whatever this was supposed to mean, I think I get that you do not the definition of most of the words you use, everything you said is highly subjective, as well as my review and other reviews. You have to ponder all the defects, not just the one YOU consider not worth being put in the balance. People can't get behind the bezel of the PPF or the crown, I think it's a non-issue, people can't get behind the different date window position of the MK non-issue as well. But it's not because I think these are non-issues that I ignore them. I won't be commenting everywhere saying that they are wrong of thinking that, I would be merely advising that this is an issue that they won't really see once wearing it but if it bothers them, they should obviously not buy it.

So you are not the one who decides when something is subjective or not, just because it serves your purpose.

I'm trying to say is that the PPF - among the 3 - is the one with minor defects which - compared to those that PF and MKF has - point out less than this is a replica

And I don't think the same, so what do we do now ? There can be obviously one truth only ? See where I'm going with this whole subjective thing ?

9mm for a 5711 are many and definitely make the difference!

That's just a pure idiotic statement, not even worth going into it.

MKF : starting from the thickness it should be out of the game even if it has a quite good dial and passable flexibility of the bracelet. Good Crown - Good Bezel

:facepalm:

PF : starting from the dial it should be of the game even if it is thinner than the MKF. Good crown. Good Bezel

Showing that you retained only what you wanted from your reading as the MK as always been either thinner or of the same thickness as the PF excluding variability in batches, and this has been said right from the start

PPF : good thickness(nearest to the gen), good dial (nearest to the gen), good bracelet (nearest to the gen) - “Bad” crown - “Bad” Bezel

Opinion, opinion, opinion, opinion, opinion

So tell me what you would choose (to take something near to the gen) or convince me to take the others.

I wouldn't exchange my MK for any of the current model, not even with money on the table, because this is the model I like. And I would certainly not convince anyone of anything, as I would just lay out the differences and point them each little flaw of all of them and let them decide themselves.

I'm sorry that you see the fact that the PPF could be the best as a subjective thing because from what you say you also have experience with the gen and therefore you should be able to see, understand and share what I am saying.

Apply that to you too, as you should now have, the exact definition of what something subjective is, it's about time.

Now if you wish to answer this post, do so by PM, again, not asking it.

Sorry for the headache everyone else, this stupid debate is coming over and over, and I partially fuelled it. Ignore those long posts, they are not worth it (both mine and his)

Reactions: gilrob

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Some awesome comments from PPF purists. Most have left the thread after seeing the purple dial. One passionate member believes that some are upset they didn’t buy the PPF and are stuck with a flawed PF or MKF.

Glaude makes valid points. It’s just opinion and doesn’t really matter what everyone else thinks. If you like the PPF, then wear it in style.

Theres no Patek NWBIG so we will have to wait until that happens. Currently though the PPF needs serious quality control and a few minor tweaks.

Tobel

6/7/17
Some awesome comments from PPF purists. Most have left the thread after seeing the purple dial. One passionate member believes that some are upset they didn’t buy the PPF and are stuck with a flawed PF or MKF.

Glaude makes valid points. It’s just opinion and doesn’t really matter what everyone else thinks. If you like the PPF, then wear it in style.

Theres no Patek NWBIG so we will have to wait until that happens. Currently though the PPF needs serious quality control and a few minor tweaks.

Lol, great summary of previous episodes :D

Last edited:

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
i am so tempted to buy the grey ppf version, but its the least genlike in this trio (white/blue/grey). overall the 5711 is just so comfortable to wear, i always thought that after selling my RG Version, i ll get a "normal" one..but, but, but, but. i guess "first world problems" and for the first time in my life i ask myself: what should i do? (feel free to spoonfeed me)^^

Tobel

6/7/17
i am so tempted to buy the grey ppf version, but its the least genlike in this trio (white/blue/grey). overall the 5711 is just so comfortable to wear, i always thought that after selling my RG Version, i ll get a "normal" one..but, but, but, but. i guess "first world problems" and for the first time in my life i ask myself: what should i do? (feel free to spoonfeed me)^^

Get the white PPF, it's an amazing rep

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
Get the white PPF, it's an amazing rep

yes, ppf 5711 wise, the white is the best, but problem is solved, i ordered the grey/gray ppf - even if the dial is not genlike, it might be a good base. the problem is, i dont like white dials in general and i would like the normal blue one only for a few weeks (i know myself very well ;))

but lets wait & see - maybe the gray is really grayish or has the better blue than the blue version.^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Midnightx

Tobel

6/7/17
yes, ppf 5711 wise, the white is the best, but problem is solved, i ordered the grey/gray ppf - even if the dial is not genlike, it might be a good base. the problem is, i dont like white dials in general and i would like the normal blue one only for a few weeks (i know myself very well ;))

but lets wait & see - maybe the gray is really grayish or has the better blue than the blue version.^^

Ahaha ok then ;) crossing fingers that you love it!

Reactions: tmp2018

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

As long as you like it, gen like or not, it doesn't matter !

Reactions: tmp2018

OverTheTop

Known Member
12/11/14
Oh god Overthetop your whole post is :facepalm:

So I'll answer some of the points for one last time, but after that, stop posting stuff like that, I'm not asking, if you wish to answer me and continue this debate, I have a PM box and you are welcome to you use as much as you want.

I'll ignore this non sense because you obviously didn't get it the first time, no point of trying to explain it to you again and this is at best tiresome for other people to read has it has nothing to do with the subject.

You are not familiar with the concept of a "fact" are you ? So because you, allegedly (I don't believe you one bit but that's not the point), had all of those in hand and a gen, and compared it, it's a fact ?
That's exactly an opinion, you had them, and YOU thought something of them, that doesn't make it a fact. Hence :

Of course it is, how the heck would you judge the credibility of someone talking, are we supposed to blindly believe everyone that post here ? I didn't post any proof of my gen comparison, hence why I took care to never state anything as a fact, but always as my personal opinion on the subject with the knowledge I shared and showed. I agreed with opposing opinion than mine and I'm not blindly rooting for any side, and I'm especially not going around saying "trust me" to anyone, unlike you do, that's what "impose an opinion" is.

Whatever this was supposed to mean, I think I get that you do not the definition of most of the words you use, everything you said is highly subjective, as well as my review and other reviews. You have to ponder all the defects, not just the one YOU consider not worth being put in the balance. People can't get behind the bezel of the PPF or the crown, I think it's a non-issue, people can't get behind the different date window position of the MK non-issue as well. But it's not because I think these are non-issues that I ignore them. I won't be commenting everywhere saying that they are wrong of thinking that, I would be merely advising that this is an issue that they won't really see once wearing it but if it bothers them, they should obviously not buy it.

So you are not the one who decides when something is subjective or not, just because it serves your purpose.

And I don't think the same, so what do we do now ? There can be obviously one truth only ? See where I'm going with this whole subjective thing ?

That's just a pure idiotic statement, not even worth going into it.

:facepalm:

Showing that you retained only what you wanted from your reading as the MK as always been either thinner or of the same thickness as the PF excluding variability in batches, and this has been said right from the start

Opinion, opinion, opinion, opinion, opinion

I wouldn't exchange my MK for any of the current model, not even with money on the table, because this is the model I like. And I would certainly not convince anyone of anything, as I would just lay out the differences and point them each little flaw of all of them and let them decide themselves.

Apply that to you too, as you should now have, the exact definition of what something subjective is, it's about time.

Sorry for the headache everyone else, this stupid debate is coming over and over, and I partially fuelled it. Ignore those long posts, they are not worth it (both mine and his)

Dear Glaude , reading some of your answers, I realized that perhaps this discussion is becoming more personal rather than else and it is right to close it here.
Most of the time I like to find a meeting point for growth, but in this case I'm finding difficulties. Right or wrong, we have two different points of view.

Anyway, what I want to specify is that my intentions were not to attack you or demonstrate that you are totally wrong but to clarify that I would never want to spread false information and that my advice concluded with "Trust me" did not want to be an imposition rather I was pleased to advise a person - with the good - a product that would have met expectations (compared to the gen) more easily.

Subjective? Surely! But also objective because objectivity is not determined from a point of view but from a reality.
In fact, what I was trying to explain is that my preference for PPF is determined not only by a subjective factor but also by an objective factor, namely that the PPF better respects the global aspects that distinguish the 5711. Why then objective? Because it's not my taste to say it, but the data:
8.5mm in thickness (of the PPF) are closer to the 8.3mm declared by Patek (then also in the gen the thickness differs from watch to watch but this is another subject )
compared to the 9mm of the MKF ; date window and date font are well made, dial too etc.
So OOTB how could we say that is not the best choice (especially for a noob)

However no problem ... probably my head is not working well.

To conclude, in the awareness of the most important aspects of this model, subjectively it is obvious that everyone is free to choose what they prefer by finding their best compromise considering also more aspects as the reliability or the problems of each factory has and even the small price differences.
But we know well that especially noobs are looking for the one that comes closest to gen OOTB without having to spend time doing mods or without considering technical aspects to which we can give importance.

Have a nice weekend!;):drinks_cheers:

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Dear Glaude , reading some of your answers, I realized that perhaps this discussion is becoming more personal rather than else and it is right to close it here.
Most of the time I like to find a meeting point for growth, but in this case I'm finding difficulties. Right or wrong, we have two different points of view.

Anyway, what I want to specify is that my intentions were not to attack you or demonstrate that you are totally wrong but to clarify that I would never want to spread false information and that my advice concluded with "Trust me" did not want to be an imposition rather I was pleased to advise a person - with the good - a product that would have met expectations (compared to the gen) more easily.

Subjective? Surely! But also objective because objectivity is not determined from a point of view but from a reality.
In fact, what I was trying to explain is that my preference for PPF is determined not only by a subjective factor but also by an objective factor, namely that the PPF better respects the global aspects that distinguish the 5711. Why then objective? Because it's not my taste to say it, but the data:
8.5mm in thickness (of the PPF) are closer to the 8.3mm declared by Patek (then also in the gen the thickness differs from watch to watch but this is another subject )
compared to the 9mm of the MKF ; date window and date font are well made, dial too etc.
So OOTB how could we say that is not the best choice (especially for a noob)

However no problem ... probably my head is not working well.

To conclude, in the awareness of the most important aspects of this model, subjectively it is obvious that everyone is free to choose what they prefer by finding their best compromise considering also more aspects as the reliability or the problems of each factory has and even the small price differences.
But we know well that especially noobs are looking for the one that comes closest to gen OOTB without having to spend time doing mods or without considering technical aspects to which we can give importance.

Have a nice weekend!;):drinks_cheers:

OverTheTop and Glaude

With all due to respect to both of you gentlemen, and as much as I gained from the discussion, I believe this conversation has overstayed its welcome. Please transfer the discussion to PMs. Frankly, there is no progress being made and both of you are just talking past each other (while repeating the same argument over and over again).

Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
OverTheTop and Glaude

With all due to respect to both of you gentlemen, and as much as I gained from the discussion, I believe this conversation has overstayed its welcome. Please transfer the discussion to PMs. Frankly, there is no progress being made and both of you are just talking past each other (while repeating the same argument over and over again).

Entirely agreed and right from the beginning I suggested that :

This has added nothing to the thread, and must have been quite bothering to read (and I do hope nobody read it entirely !)

Reactions: BlackJaguar