• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Some more QC pics for reference.
The dial does not look purple as much as others i saw, but also not the gray/green as the gen, right?
Two things that I would love to get advice are before approving:
1) The coloring of the dial, it looks like there are "spots" of blue? or it is just the light?
2) The date is misaligned?

your dial alignment looks absolutely spot on IMO. enjoy!

Reactions: csthe

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Got a couple more Enroute. Pic for reference only. Dial can look purple in some pictures but in real life I don’t see any purple.
2ac690d467b6e608650beb4542cde565.jpg

Here’s the last one we had in. This is how I would say the dial looks like in real life.
2f83b894d2a90c6fcfc7429eec7bb3e7.jpg

Paolino85ba

Looking Around
28/4/19
Sorry for bothering but I am really anxious to spend over 500€ for a replica. I am really interested to buy a ppf from intime watch. Is it worth of it? If u really bought one, would you buy it again? Tnx in advance

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Sorry for bothering but I am really anxious to spend over 500€ for a replica. I am really interested to buy a ppf from intime watch. Is it worth of it? If u really bought one, would you buy it again? Tnx in advance

you have a few options if you don't want to spend this much on a rep.

first option would be a cheap 100 bucks DHgate watch that looks like a silly toy and nothing like the gen.

next option would be a cheaper high end model like a JJF or a BP (if you are abled to get one through the TDs)
you would get an "ok" rep that has many flaws compared to the gen - too thick, wrong DW fonts, lower build quality, poorer finish of the bracelet/case/dial... etc.

in the end there are few top range options - PF, MKF and PPF that all cost merely the same. But as all the threads have shown - the PPF is superior in so many aspects if you are looking for a white dial, with correct DW font, correct thickness, perfect flexibility of the bracelet (for a rep), perfect white dial compared to the genuine, decent decoration of the movement etc. etc.

If you know the genuine 5711 and all previous options of reps that were available until this PPF release you would know that the watch is worth every penny. There will be still some people who would prefer MKF over PPF because of the blue dial color or because of the crown length
(which doesn't bother me personally as much as a wrong DW font, wrong thickness or stiff bracelet when the gen is actually all this combined - pure craftsmanship without compromises. For me a stiff bracelet and too much thickness on an ultra thin watch make it a deal breaker...)

hope that helps a bit. Browsing the sub forum regarding the new PPF release should convince you or make you buy another cheaper option (for example through the M2M sale section) if you can live with the flaws and short cuts different factories have taken. In the end a rep is a rep and will never be perfect but some of them are still better than others just how you define your own term of "good/decent" ;)

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
you have a few options if you don't want to spend this much on a rep.

first option would be a cheap 100 bucks DHgate watch that looks like a silly toy and nothing like the gen.

next option would be a cheaper high end model like a JJF or a BP (if you are abled to get one through the TDs)
you would get an "ok" rep that has many flaws compared to the gen - too thick, wrong DW fonts, lower build quality, poorer finish of the bracelet/case/dial... etc.

in the end there are few top range options - PF, MKF and PPF that all cost merely the same. But as all the threads have shown - the PPF is superior in so many aspects if you are looking for a white dial, with correct DW font, correct thickness, perfect flexibility of the bracelet (for a rep), perfect white dial compared to the genuine, decent decoration of the movement etc. etc.

If you know the genuine 5711 and all previous options of reps that were available until this PPF release you would know that the watch is worth every penny. There will be still some people who would prefer MKF over PPF because of the blue dial color or because of the crown length
(which doesn't bother me personally as much as a wrong DW font, wrong thickness or stiff bracelet when the gen is actually all this combined - pure craftsmanship without compromises. For me a stiff bracelet and too much thickness on an ultra thin watch make it a deal breaker...)

hope that helps a bit. Browsing the sub forum regarding the new PPF release should convince you or make you buy another cheaper option (for example through the M2M sale section) if you can live with the flaws and short cuts different factories have taken. In the end a rep is a rep and will never be perfect but some of them are still better than others just how you define your own term of "good/decent" ;)

What a great answer, and no flames either - stirling work there sir, you answered some questions I myself was considering!

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
could someone please try to mount a PF / MKF ring on a PPF? At least one of the 2 problems would be solved.

BIONONE

28/4/17
could someone please try to mount a PF / MKF ring on a PPF? At least one of the 2 problems would be solved.

it isn't possible - Keylog74 did it and it didn't fit. What one could try is shaving the tube, the side of the crown that points toward the case on a lathe, polish it and cutting the stem just by the difference that you have cut off the crown and it would possibly (POSSIBLY) result in a more pleasing appearance.

Let them lathe-masters chime in ;)

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
it isn't possible - Keylog74 did it and it didn't fit. What one could try is shaving the tube, the side of the crown that points toward the case on a lathe, polish it and cutting the stem just by the difference that you have cut off the crown and it would possibly (POSSIBLY) result in a more pleasing appearance.

Let them lathe-masters chime in ;)

Seems like a lot of work, any idea what the cost would be if a modder would undertake this? Don't forget about the bezel. Seriously, when you have a PPF 5711 and glance at it to tell the time, would you not notice the oversize bezel and protruding crown trouble you knowing it is there. It would me. Time for a v2 IMO.

Reactions: mumum

nobigdeal2010

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/11/13
CONUS
Seems like a lot of work, any idea what the cost would be if a modder would undertake this? Don't forget about the bezel. Seriously, when you have a PPF 5711 and glance at it to tell the time, would you not notice the oversize bezel and protruding crown trouble you knowing it is there. It would me. Time for a v2 IMO.

The bezel doesn't bother me as much as the crown does.

Reactions: jermo

Paolino85ba

Looking Around
28/4/19
Tnx for your answers. Yesterday I bought a ppf from intimewatch. Let's c... Hoping it will arrive asap :D

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The bezel doesn't bother me as much as the crown does.

Just the opposite for me, the bezel's oversize appearance is more noticeable simply by the area it encompasses. It surrounds the entire circumference of the dial. The protruding crown, not so much. It can be easily be mistaken for a crown that was not pushed back in after the time or date was adjusted.

Reactions: Xsaf and csthe

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Just ordered the white dial!!! Can’t wait to get it on my wrist!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Does anyone know if the dimensions of the bracelet from PPF would fit on an MK?

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08
Got my PPF blue dial from KSwatches today. I am super amazed with the quality of the watch an the bracelet. Also the blue dial is not as dark in real life as expected. It is actually very nice and I wouldn't be worried about it. I'll try to post a few pictures in the next days.

Thx KSwatches for the super smooth and fast deal! It will definitely not be the last! :)

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Got my PPF blue dial from KSwatches today. I am super amazed with the quality of the watch an the bracelet. Also the blue dial is not as dark in real life as expected. It is actually very nice and I wouldn't be worried about it. I'll try to post a few pictures in the next days.

Thx KSwatches for the super smooth and fast deal! It will definitely not be the last! :)
Awesome dude, but please share pics!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk