• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Beautiful watch white dial is amazing.
I think white dial look very very classy.
But now my AURA is not match for PP level. :(
Omega is possible.
Rolex is my maximum range.;)
Love the watch but me now wearing PP is too much can’t wear in real life.
Maybe I can wear this only when travel abroad and no one know me. LoL
:picard2:

The sooner you learn not to care (too much) about what people think, the sooner you'll start to really enjoy life! Fuck what they think, if you like the watch, wear the watch! Simples!

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
The sooner you learn not to care (too much) about what people think, the sooner you'll start to really enjoy life! Fuck what they think, if you like the watch, wear the watch! Simples!

Facts!! I couldn’t have said it better myself!!

poinds

17/4/17
Omega is possible.

I can guarantee you that 90+% of the world doesn't care about what type of watch you wear or know what a Patek Philippe is anyways. Buy it and wear it in good health!

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Omega is possible.

Honesty about reps is 100% the way to go. Don't volunteer the information, only if someone asks. Lying about replicas especially to friends and family is akin to breaking something in their house and lying about it. It wouldn't matter to your friend if you broke something, but what would hurt more is if they found out that you lied about breaking it. That shows complete lack of trust and unwillingness to be vulnerable, which is the cornerstone of human connection.

Reactions: phdsjain and Glaude

aSlwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/17
Received some pics from Spongebob of the PPF dial side by side with a gen dial he was given from someone building a Franken:

My thoughts are that PPF really did a phenomenal job on the white dial color, as well as the dial markers (they stay true black at different angles)

What I found interesting was the lume markers are super close to gen in terms of the shade, but where the gen lume is white with a hint of grayish blue hue , the PPF has a very slight cream color to it. I would never have noticed it unless put right next to each other. Surprisingly the glow on the rep is brighter than the gen!

Overall very impressed with the white dial Nautilus..

Gen left?

Reactions: LuminorReptar

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

Exactly that. I don't know which places you usually go, but I have never been asked about any of my watches except the Rolex ones. And still, if I'm going to a meeting or anywhere work-related I usually wear any of my gens (Tudor, Ginault, Seiko, Cortebert, etc) as I don't want to give a wrong image to my clients (don't know what would look worse, if wearing a fake 50k watch or a real one, lol).

Reactions: Nivka

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
It’s offtopic but I’d like to chime in.

At the end of the day majority of people are going to perceive you as being an “a**hole” who spends money on “unnecessary” material things when you wear branded things...in this case your watch. Wearing a Rolex might even make you look worse because the brand is more recognized from the lower to upper class. Altenatively, unless you have been a watch enthusiast you wouldn’t know what PP is...unless you listen to modern “rap” songs who the rappers themselves just found out about PP and its value in the luxury world.

As others have said wear what you like no matter how flashy it is because you’re buying it for you and because you like it...unless you do have other intention of wearing luxury branded watches. But let’s face it in some degree we’re all trying to project a higher image (regardless if we can afford the gen or not) to others or else you would be wearing a DW, Michael Kors, other generic branded watches. Granted there are people who like this hobby because of its mechanical aspect and they are genuinely interested in how they function.

Personally, I have no problem with telling people that I have/own reps (even prior to owning gens)...hell I’ve walked into Rolex and other boutiques wearing my rep and conversed with the Salesman about buying a gen while my rep is out for them to see.

Just remember It’s how you wear the watch is what matters. I've seen plenty of people that have gen watches but it doesn't stand out or catches my attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: stampsatit

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
As others have said wear what you like no matter how flashy it is because you’re buying it for you and because you like it...unless you do have other intention of wearing luxury branded watches. But let’s face it in some degree we’re all trying to project a higher image (regardless if we can afford the gen or not) to others or else you would be wearing a DW, Michael Kors, other generic branded watches. Granted there are people who like this hobby because of its mechanical aspect and they are genuinely interested in how they function.

Well, talk about yourself there. If I weren't wearing a rep I would certainly NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES wear one of those DW, MK or whatever aberrations you talk about. Seiko, Steinhart, Squale, Tissot, etc. There are many many alternatives in the average rep range that I would happily wear (and I actually do sometimes).

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but no one cares about what watch are you wearing unless you are in a room full of project finance senior bankers. In which case you should not wear a rep at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Midnightx

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Well, talk about yourself there. If I weren't wearing a rep I would certainly NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES wear one of those DW, MK or whatever aberrations you talk about. Seiko, Steinhart, Squale, Tissot, etc. There are many many alternatives in the average rep range that I would happily wear (and I actually do sometimes).

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but no one cares about what watch are you wearing unless you are in a room full of project finance senior bankers. In which case you should not wear a rep at all.

Sensitive much...?

That was not my intention at all :) and of course I'm talking about myself as I'm trying to share my perspective. And I didn't mean to degrade DW (Daniel Wellington, Michaek Kors, etc) or any of the other brands you mentioned. I was simply trying to say that there are other superficial reasons as to why we wear the brands that we wear even if they are reps.

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Sensitive much...?

That was not my intention at all :) and of course I'm talking about myself as I'm trying to share my perspective. And I didn't mean to degrade DW (Daniel Wellington, Michaek Kors, etc) or any of the other brands you mentioned. I was simply trying to say that there are other artificial reasons as to why we wear the brands that we wear even if they are reps.

Not at all, I just wanted to degrade those brands indeed, ha. But I still fail to understand you and that thing about artificial reasons. Is there a non-artificial reason? Anyway, wear what you want and for whatever reasons you want. No one, included myself, is entitled to tell you otherwise.

(wait, unless you are married, in which case...)

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Received some pics from Spongebob of the PPF dial side by side with a gen dial he was given from someone building a Franken:

My thoughts are that PPF really did a phenomenal job on the white dial color, as well as the dial markers (they stay true black at different angles)

What I found interesting was the lume markers are super close to gen in terms of the shade, but where the gen lume is white with a hint of grayish blue hue , the PPF has a very slight cream color to it. I would never have noticed it unless put right next to each other. Surprisingly the glow on the rep is brighter than the gen!

Overall very impressed with the white dial Nautilus..

Dial look great, now ZF PPF need to work Hard for clone movement..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: asanibal