• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I'd say right cause crown guards go into bezel on left one. Otherwise impossible for me to tell.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Warning, this one is only for the experts here: who can spot then gen?

Given this is a pic from a jeweler on Instagram, don't know how legitimate the jeweler is, but I would say both gen, just one on the right is the new boxed logo dial

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
Given this is a pic from a jeweler on Instagram, don't know how legitimate the jeweler is, but I would say both gen, just one on the right is the new boxed logo dial

I would likely agree...the crown are good and well inset on both...not protruding...dw window looks good on left...hard to tell

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I think the left is an MKF because of the crown guard not being connected in the middle and going under the bezel.

V1B4KD.png

Reactions: Fontaine

Jamiek84

Known Member
27/3/16
No expert here but believe this is a trick question. Either both gen which was my first thought, but after reading other peoples posts then possibly both reps. DW don't look spot on the left.

Crazy that there is so much knowledge here and we still are not 100% sure. That's how good these reps are.

They are not dh gate quality any more.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PP4Ever

Known Member
8/12/17
This is just for fun.. But to be frankly. REP is great now.
On the Left is REP but might have dial changed
1. All marker is quite round compare to other rep which is like a sharp box
2. Swiss is ??
3. V shape on the crown guard
4. date font is not center a little deep on the top
5. watch case that connect to endlink Gen has some brush not sharp as attach picture

Attachments

• photo33781.jpg
    photo33781.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: vcappp

Lovelyrose

Renowned Member
2/9/14
Your posts look so desperate. You just joined the forum - named yourself like this and provide nothing but hot air for this discussion. You dont understand the rep industry nor anything else related to the presentation of watches (talking about your still silly comparison of a CG picture).

... and in conclusion your posts really look like you are one of the even more desperate representants from PF or another mediocre rep factory that didnt achieve what PPF achieved. And now the only thing you can do is bitching and threadcrapping about a new solid release with some very minor weak spots (that even some of the super reps from the NWBIG list have).

I still hope this is an ongoing aprils fools joke...

I’m pretty sure he’s from China. =] he’s using Google translator. =] hahaha really joke. Must be some sour factory =] hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BIONONE

SmartyPants

18/5/17
And their we go, reps are awesome these days.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Just shows us how difficult it is to distinguish between different gen batches and reps. I take this a big heads up and that we shouldn't take every detail that seriously. Even at the Patek factory the watches tend to come out differently, from dial color to font thickness: there's all types of variations.

Reactions: Rep_Fan

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Lol I knew almost everyone will get it wrong, the reason is most of the people here judge whether a watch is gen or rep are based on their past assumption on a photo or what you were told by other people. Crown is protruding too much, datewheel is misaligned to the left, The marker on 12 o’clock is not aligned, the watch is thicker. These are actually not the valid reason to point out whether a watch is genuine, and in real life it’s almost impossible to tell.

And to be honest, the real flaw has to be the blue dial on the rep, they are off, i mean it’s way off. I own 2 pf with date wheel mod(one got seized when I sent back to China), mks v5, early V6F. If you have seen a gen in real life, you will know the blue shines so much differently. From my real experience, one of my friends who has a few patek was asking why my blue looks so different than the one he owns and sold, it looks way off, but off course he doesn’t know much about replicas, he was just questioning. And I completely agree with him, you can fool people who knows about nautilus with pf/mks blue dial, but not the people who has owned or seen it before.

However, the chances of meeting those people who knows about the flaws or have owned or have seen a real patek are quite low, so don’t worry too much. The problem is I’m living in a city where majority of people own luxury timepieces, so I rarely wear them now after knowing all the flaws. Occasionally, I do wear it in some high end events or venues, since no one would expect you to wear a replica in there.

But that latest ppf, I just bought it instantly. There’s absolutely no way for other people to tell whether it’s rep or gen just by looking at it. I saw the gen few weeks ago on my friend’s wrist, it looks better in person than photos, and ppf looks scarily close. Like would you call someone out because their datewheel is too thin lol? Everything looks perfect to me, the crown might be protruding a little bit or datewheel is too thin, but in real life.... even I can’t tell.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Just shows us how difficult it is to distinguish between different gen batches and reps. I take this a big heads up and that we shouldn't take every detail that seriously. Even at the Patek factory the watches tend to come out differently, from dial color to font thickness: there's all types of variations.

Thank you for posting that image !
It just show, as you well said, how useless it is to nitpick over detail :

1- Those claiming to see flaws in the rep aren't even able to spot a gen if you don't tell them it's a gen or are able to imagine flaws in the gen when it's all a matter of how the pic is taken
2- That even the gen aren't consistent in their production and color

Thanks again !

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
looking forward to mine. ordered and despite the 12 o clock markers, looks good.

Last edited: