• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 Nautilus MKF V6 Green Lume on Markers

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I saw a posting of a V6 QC pic and the markers were green. I just got my QC pics and markers are green. I rejected, but am concerned the whole batch is green. Hands are white.

Probably won't look too bad on the wrist, but the markers should be white. Any experiences or advice? Thanks!

VbyNso.jpg

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
After looking at a genuine 5711 under different lighting, it appears there may be a whiter lume on hands than on markers. So, probably not a big deal on the wrist and in different lighting. I will accept and report back for any interested buyers of the MKF V6.

VbJugD.jpg

VbJVDh.jpg

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
This has also been addressed by Glaude in a review of the V5. Thanks for the info!

"The markers do not have any green hue to them when they are not emitting any lume, but if they have been sufficiently exposed to light, yes you'll see a green hue, exactly as on the gen.
If you need to resort to a reluming for that, chances are you'll only make a very small difference in the final result."

Reactions: Razorig2 and Glaude

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Have you guys even seen gen in real life?
gen when exposed to slight light will look green even in half light + it holds for a very long time.
you would have to leave it in a dark place for some time to get white looking markers then when you leave house or expose it to just a little bit of light you will have green looking minute markers.. duh?
i can’t believe people are still saying minute markers look too green.
pics of gen online are very deceiving.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Thanks for the input rcom440. I have not studied the lume on minute markers of any watches until I saw some comments and pics in a thread, then noticed on mine. This forum is great for pointing out little issues that normally most would never have noticed.

Have you noticed the hands arent green in pics when the minute markers are? Thats the issue Im pointing out. Seems if markers are exposed to light, so are hands.

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
gen when exposed to slight light will look green even in half light + it holds for a very long time.
you would have to leave it in a dark place for some time to get white looking markers then when you leave house or expose it to just a little bit of light you will have green looking minute markers.. duh?

giphy.gif

Reactions: cuddilyteddy

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Ok, I received the watch. Hard to see the green lume on the wrist, so not a big issue.
VysUKh.jpg

A couple other points:

1. The rotor makes a little noise, but the gen does as well.
2. The bracelet is excellent.
3. The blue dial is excellent.
4. The mis-spelled ADUSTED is not noticeable with the naked eye; you need a loupe to read it.
5. The datewheel is the Achilles heel and I will have Legend fix that and see if he can lighten up the lume as well.

Overall, excellent rep!

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
MKF V6 on left, Gen on right.

VJxLVb.png

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

Exactly this. This is my PF while I have been working inside (although it's still very sunny today, it's usually whiter at night):

Now this is right after sticking my arm three seconds out the terrace:

And this is after me going out, counting to ten, and coming back in:

Needless to say, I am zero worried about the colour of the lume in my PF :)

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Here’s a gen shot outdoors with a little grey/green in lume.

VQTDQe.jpg