• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut 5164 listed.

channeh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/17
Ok, this is made by the GR Factory - not sure how proven they are. I think this is the same version that was floated mid last year and featured on the forum then. A couple of points

- Dial - 40mm - gen size
- Thickness - 10mm - 2mm bigger than gen (I think this is one of the deal breakers)
- Movement - Seiko automatic with working GMT, decoration doesn't really bother me as you'll be wearing it all the time
- "Local / Home" function does not work
- Quality of the dial print and lume job doesn't feel quality to me, the sunburst effect doesn't grab my attention like the gen. (Second deal breaker)
- Should be priced between $400 - $450 - this is competitively priced given this is a new model which the other factories haven't produced yet. I would personally recommend the ZF Aquanaut for the time being.

It's a pass for me unless you need this piece to complete your collection!

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Ok, this is made by the GR Factory - not sure how proven they are. I think this is the same version that was floated mid last year and featured on the forum then. A couple of points

- Dial - 40mm - gen size
- Thickness - 10mm - 2mm bigger than gen (I think this is one of the deal breakers)
- Movement - Seiko automatic with working GMT, decoration doesn't really bother me as you'll be wearing it all the time
- "Local / Home" function does not work
- Quality of the dial print and lume job doesn't feel quality to me, the sunburst effect doesn't grab my attention like the gen. (Second deal breaker)
- Should be priced between $400 - $450 - this is competitively priced given this is a new model which the other factories haven't produced yet. I would personally recommend the ZF Aquanaut for the time being.

It's a pass for me unless you need this piece to complete your collection!

Thickness is exactly like gen at 10mm, this is a great improvement compared to MP factory version from last year which was 14mm thick!

Main flaws are, as you correctly pointed out, the sunburst effect of the dial (completely missing) and the quality of the hour markers / lume.

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
Very interesting in that at least they are attempting to get closer and a possible “new” player for the Patek brand.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Last edited:
Reactions: Slowlex

ztealth

11/8/13
the dial is completely matte. no sunburst whatsoever.
other then that, all the positioning of the markers and the dial patterns are spot on!

channeh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/17
Ah, but there is a version with sunburst dial:

https://puretime.io/ppe2019031302.html

https://ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=25722

honestly this case is very good (pushers, even if fake, look credible and it even has the the date adjuster), and on the one shown on TS there is no PHI LIPPE on the deco plate.

After seeing a few gens I believe also the hour markers are pretty good. This is a fine rep, tempted to pull the trigger!

Hmm, I don't quite see the sunburst effect in the black or grey if I'm honest! TS pics seem relatively conclusion on it, I've attached some pics below:

VKq22F.png

VKqkt0.png

ztealth

11/8/13
the ring of the GMT hand is protruding too much in the centre of the dial...

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Let's see if Angus or Trusty will upload a video of it, that will make it easier to understand

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
I would love a great looking GMT Patek.... I hope this would be doing the job...

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Hmm, I don't quite see the sunburst effect in the black or grey if I'm honest! TS pics seem relatively conclusion on it, I've attached some pics below:

VKq22F.png

VKqkt0.png

It's funny that the grey is set on local time while black is on the home time, I wonder if it was done on purpose or it's simply random