• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

And that's why you want a replica Aquanaut

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
9ba2bcbab06974b311f004bd9b7a1858.jpg
ed6715d6d8d006e19365eb781f658469.jpg
0d05b3733fea7bb47adec2972f7a8120.jpg

Shout out to my man @kobe24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
There is no such thing as a super clone man, any rep, they all have flaws. And there is not even a super rep aquanaut. Check the Aquanaut threads around and you'll learn their strengths and weaknesses

Have to disagree a bit here.

With the ZF Aquanaut, on the wrist there is no way you are telling it from gen. Even handling it, unless you are a Patek watchsmith (or forum member) you will have a very hard time figuring it out. The only issue was the early ZF had date misaligned. I know all about the lines on the dial going past the number. Good luck spotting that in real life.

On the PF, if you go with the blue model, get the date wheel mod and get the markers moved, again, very very hard to tell unless you can see that grey wheel on the back that shouldnt be there. People have said the blue shade of the dial is off, but I have seen comparisons with a 2014 model and the blue was very very close if not spot on. Other year Nautilus have more greenish grey. Again, unless you are a 100% Patek person, people will not know. Heck, even the Patek AD very rarely sees these.

The white dial (as illustrated in a thread) is much harder to nail and the only real solution is getting a gen dial with the datewheel for PF. Or you can be a tryhard like me and use the JJF dial/wheel.

Bottom line, these are really hard to call out, especially if you know what you are looking for and have had the mods mentioned above. Personally I look for small date and markers that stretch past the dot line on the instagram poseurs.

Just my 2c, thank you for indulging me, gentle reader.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Have to disagree a bit here.

With the ZF Aquanaut, on the wrist there is no way you are telling it from gen. Even handling it, unless you are a Patek watchsmith (or forum member) you will have a very hard time figuring it out. The only issue was the early ZF had date misaligned. I know all about the lines on the dial going past the number. Good luck spotting that in real life.

On the PF, if you go with the blue model, get the date wheel mod and get the markers moved, again, very very hard to tell unless you can see that grey wheel on the back that shouldnt be there. People have said the blue shade of the dial is off, but I have seen comparisons with a 2014 model and the blue was very very close if not spot on. Other year Nautilus have more greenish grey. Again, unless you are a 100% Patek person, people will not know. Heck, even the Patek AD very rarely sees these.

The white dial (as illustrated in a thread) is much harder to nail and the only real solution is getting a gen dial with the datewheel for PF. Or you can be a tryhard like me and use the JJF dial/wheel.

Bottom line, these are really hard to call out, especially if you know what you are looking for and have had the mods mentioned above. Personally I look for small date and markers that stretch past the dot line on the instagram poseurs.

Just my 2c, thank you for indulging me, gentle reader.

Hey Karlus ,

thanks for your post. You're actually not disagreeing, just being more precise than me ;)

What I meant is that there is no "super clone" or "1:1" bullshit marketing from factory watch that is 100% indistinguishable from Gen and even from the Omagad NWBIG/super classification here, there is no super rep of an aquanaut (unfortunately).

Now that does not mean that these watches are not great and worth buying. I love my PF nautilus but it has flaws. The ZF aquanaut looks great but it does have flaws (thickness, too strong sunburst effect, movement with open caseback to start with). Now is it a bad rep? Not at all. Will 99.5% of people around believe it's a gen? For sure. But if you put it next to a gen or if someone is familiar with the gen and look a bit closely, they will be able to tell. So very good absolutely, super rep or super clone unfortunately not.

Reactions: gilrob

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
After being in this game for 15 years, there is only 2 watches I will buy in Gen. Both pre owned, and it would be a ROO Rose Gold Chrono or Rolex Submariner Gold with blue dial. All pre-owned , I will only buy 1. I don't sign up to the your privileged to buy one crap, cars or anything. Plenty of other options.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
After being in this game for 15 years, there is only 2 watches I will buy in Gen. Both pre owned, and it would be a ROO Rose Gold Chrono or Rolex Submariner Gold with blue dial. All pre-owned , I will only buy 1. I don't sign up to the your privileged to buy one crap, cars or anything. Plenty of other options.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

I agree on the Gold Sub. They clones are not close. Also think the 40 DD also in gen.

The steel watches? All rep, all day.

Gavinelli

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/4/14
“Are you local to is sir?” Good god

If this is behaviour is being dictated to AD’s from PP, christ almighty!

I mean ive heard of brand protection but this is ridiculous......and might i add a slight bit paranoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KSwatches

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Wowzers, ZF really nailed the PP datewheels! This one and the Calatrava are really good!

​​​​

Reactions: KSwatches