• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

And that's why you want a replica Aquanaut

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Alright, we have all heard about the waiting lists, and all that stuff and sometimes is hard to believe, right? Well, just check this video out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmGOGzPIzIM

He spends the first eight minutes talking to ADs asking for an Aquanaut Travel time, and the amount of excuses he gets is incredibly huge! From the "we can't sell to no locals" to the "we only allow current clients into the waiting list and you need to have a history of at least two watches with us to get into the list".

So, when someone asks you why are you wearing a Patek replica, there you go. You can tell them Patek doesn't wall to sell them!

Reactions: vcappp and gilrob

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
I agree, it's crazy how R factory and other high end manufactures limit what you can buy with waiting lists and other excuses. Ferrari does this too, you need to own like 2 or 3 regular ferraris before you can even beg them to buy a limited version like the enzo or la ferrari. Personally I'm not going to beg someone to let me give them my money, should be the other way around. On top of this reps are cheaper to repair, I'd rather swap in a new eta or miyota than to have a gen patek cost 4 figures just for them to look at.

Reactions: Cristobal

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Yeah its freaking stupid. My collection entirely gen but when it came to Patek I am like...

1. Wtf are these prices. The 5711 is unavailable and on the grey market its going for almost double its retail
2. Even IF I finally get the money to fucking buy one I need to have a "history" with the brand to even have access which could cost me thousands on thousands of dollars more.
3. Imma just keep collecting my other stuff as normal and get myself the nicest fucking rep I can of this damn watch and call it quits because apparently Patek doesn't want people's fucking money.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Exactly. And same goes for Rolex, but to a lesser point, because at the end of the day you can get an almost new 116610LN Submariner in 24h buying it online in any of the main dealers. But with Patek's sport models, the crazyness just goes up to eleven! I just can't believe there's so many people with 30k to spare, lol!

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I've been told that to even be considered for an Aquanaut or Nautilus in the UK, 'you must buy at least 2 other Patek models'. All very well and good until you consider these 'other models' are the white gold ones worth six figures!

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Yeah its freaking stupid. My collection entirely gen but when it came to Patek I am like...

1. Wtf are these prices. The 5711 is unavailable and on the grey market its going for almost double its retail
2. Even IF I finally get the money to fucking buy one I need to have a "history" with the brand to even have access which could cost me thousands on thousands of dollars more.
3. Imma just keep collecting my other stuff as normal and get myself the nicest fucking rep I can of this damn watch and call it quits because apparently Patek doesn't want people's fucking money.

I have a feeling that some of these "AD's" might be selling these watches to a close friend or family member so they could profit off of it.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I have a feeling that some of these "AD's" might be selling these watches to a close friend or family member so they could profit off of it.

It could be that some grey market dealers have a close enough relationship with some Patek ADs to the point they get one or two of the three pieces they receive a year. But I am sure Patek keeps a very close eye on their ADs just because of that. Especially in places where high wealth individuals are common (London, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Hong Kong, etc...).

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
It could be that some grey market dealers have a close enough relationship with some Patek ADs to the point they get one or two of the three pieces they receive a year. But I am sure Patek keeps a very close eye on their ADs just because of that. Especially in places where high wealth individuals are common (London, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Hong Kong, etc...).

From my experience the AD located in Beverly Hills never has anything except the exceedingly unpopular and extremely outlandishly expensive models.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
From my experience the AD located in Beverly Hills never has anything except the exceedingly unpopular and extremely outlandishly expensive models.

And still, they surely get at least two to four 5711 1A a year. Magic? I don't think so...

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
In my experience, PP check you thoroughly before agreeing to sell to you. So I don’t think the family & friends thing works that well in practice. Still it’s truly insane, all things equal, to ask you to wait for 6 yrs for something you cannot try on as they never have it in stock :)

Reactions: nalomb

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
In my experience, PP check you thoroughly before agreeing to sell to you. So I don’t think the family & friends thing works that well in practice. Still it’s truly insane, all things equal, to ask you to wait for 6 yrs for something you cannot try on as they never have it in stock :)

Exactly right. It’s rather obnoxious really. On the other end of the spectrum, mid-range brands will ring up a regional rep to sell you on the extra grand or two they are squeezing out of you by buying it retail — which at least makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Whats wrong with MK or PF?

There is no such thing as a super clone man, any rep, they all have flaws. And there is not even a super rep aquanaut. Check the Aquanaut threads around and you'll learn their strengths and weaknesses

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
There is no such thing as a super clone man, any rep, they all have flaws. And there is not even a super rep aquanaut. Check the Aquanaut threads around and you'll learn their strengths and weaknesses

I know mate but you cant expect from any rep to be like gen. You just put it on your wrist and wear it :)

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I know mate but you cant expect from any rep to be like gen. You just put it on your wrist and wear it :)

I think what he means is that, compared to other brands like Panerai or Breitling, there are no Patek Philippe réplicas that get so close to the real thing as these other brands. There are some Panerai that even professional watch stores have found challenging to differentiate from originals. A similar case is Rolex, where the abundance of spare parts makes it relatively easy to buy some genuine parts and put an already good replica to a complete new level, if you add original dials, crystals, hands, etc.

You could try that with a Patek Philippe but the availability of spare parts is really small and the cost of those is just mental. I'm talking about £4,000 for a Nautilus dial, or so. And in the end, the open case back would show a fake movement no matter how much you mod the watch.

Still, there are really nice PP reps out there.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I think what he means is that, compared to other brands like Panerai or Breitling, there are no Patek Philippe réplicas that get so close to the real thing as these other brands. There are some Panerai that even professional watch stores have found challenging to differentiate from originals. A similar case is Rolex, where the abundance of spare parts makes it relatively easy to buy some genuine parts and put an already good replica to a complete new level, if you add original dials, crystals, hands, etc.

You could try that with a Patek Philippe but the availability of spare parts is really small and the cost of those is just mental. I'm talking about £4,000 for a Nautilus dial, or so. And in the end, the open case back would show a fake movement no matter how much you mod the watch.

Still, there are really nice PP reps out there.

Which Panerai is that good?