• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Nautilus MK V6 is released

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Hi Glaude, I have tried for 5 or 6 days to get a hold of him before I placed the order. No luck yet.....

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Glaude, do any such misspellings occur on the PF model? I'm not sure I can live with that spelling error. Overall the PF seems like a better model then???

Reactions: Rep_Fan

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Hi Glaude, I have tried for 5 or 6 days to get a hold of him before I placed the order. No luck yet.....

Wait a bit longer or send from a different address email if you can, your mail could have end up in the spam folder, but I would suggest just waiting a bit longer.

Glaude, do any such misspellings occur on the PF model? I'm not sure I can live with that spelling error. Overall the PF seems like a better model then???

PF don't have those spelling mistakes, I still prefer the MK overall, but you won't go wrong with the PF either.
You can read my review on RWG on the MK V5 if you want more details :

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/146261-mk-v5-patek-philippe-57111a-010/

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Thanks Glaude I will def read that! By the way I have not seen much information about the water resistance between the MK6 and PF versions. I am aware that it's not advisable to wear these reps in the water but just curious about any experiments or information on water resistance.
Thanks

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Water resistance is probably the same, the case construction seems to be the same, gaskets at the same places. This watch is by design, very well prepared for being water resistant (hence the name : Nautilus) but having it tested properly could prevent any water leakage.
There are two schools about that : wear it and you'll see or get it tested and be safe

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Thanks again Glaude, so where do you get the watch tested for any leakage? Is something that a TD would do? Or needs to be done by a local watch store?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
TDs won’t test it for you.

Many TDs will actually test it. The only problem is the reliability of the test. And even if it was 100% reliable, water resistance might be compromised after shipping it around the world. I would go to a local shoe repair shop that does battery changes and other stuff and ask if they can test it for you. Usually they don't care and test it straight away.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Thanks for the advice. Any advice on what to look for when checking for quality control things like the misaligned hour markers?

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Many TDs will actually test it. The only problem is the reliability of the test. And even if it was 100% reliable, water resistance might be compromised after shipping it around the world. I would go to a local shoe repair shop that does battery changes and other stuff and ask if they can test it for you. Usually they don't care and test it straight away.

Learn something new every day. I didn't know that. Which TDs will water test?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Puretime does, for instance. Still, don't take it too seriously as it might not mean it's water resistant once it shows up in your door.

Markolin

Known Member
31/7/18
Found these QC pics on Reddit (r/RepTime) of the MK V6.
I really can't stand with that green lume
d00ea2c89a4a3af882df2dc7afd6bf31.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

Mindwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
22/5/18
Found these QC pics on Reddit (r/RepTime) of the MK V6.
I really can't stand with that green lume

Check the other thread here about QC v6 pics. This is NOT a v6 - seems still to be a v5. Movement is not the updated version with balance crock like gen/ZF Version.

Reactions: vcappp

Markolin

Known Member
31/7/18
Check the other thread here about QC v6 pics. This is NOT a v6 - seems still to be a v5. Movement is not the updated version with balance crock like gen/ZF Version.
The owner said it's a V6....
841547a8fdb7484dcb1487c04a437be0.jpg

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Wait a bit longer or send from a different address email if you can, your mail could have end up in the spam folder, but I would suggest just waiting a bit longer.

PF don't have those spelling mistakes, I still prefer the MK overall, but you won't go wrong with the PF either.
You can read my review on RWG on the MK V5 if you want more details :

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/146261-mk-v5-patek-philippe-57111a-010/

Glaude, great to see you here. All I can say is: If you want to learn more about this PP and its factories, please read the review Glaude made on RWG. Amazing.

Reactions: Glaude