• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken Project: White Nautilus

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I saw this on insta today. Looks like the lume on the hands and hour markers are different too in outdoor lighting
4rQop.md.jpg

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Also, Karlus has been kind enough to let me borrow his JJF Nautilus for a side by side comparison. It just reaffirms to me that the Patek community here is THE BEST.

Ok, PF watch with white JJF dial is on the way and should be there in a week. Sorry to those following along it took so long.

Reactions: majwilliams0308

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Ok, PF watch with white JJF dial is on the way and should be there in a week. Sorry to those following along it took so long.

Awesome - this is gonna be great!

That's a white one but the jeweller is looking for a blue dial for me, however expects it to be in the £3500-4000 range which is just too much but we shall see.

Dude I'll never say no at this point, it will just be a matter of if I could sell off enough of my collection in time to purchase it haha.

I saw this on insta today. Looks like the lume on the hands and hour markers are different too in outdoor lighting
4rQop.md.jpg

Whoa that looks right. Maybe I won't get the JJF hands...

Reactions: Scottymagic

Sbybbuser

I'm Pretty Popular
20/7/12
Wow. Wonderful project.
Turns out great.
Great looking watch at a fraction of the price of gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Os-92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/18
As rcom440 has pointed out in another post that there are three variants of the blue dial. i feel it’s actually hard to distinguish between the gen and the rep

Os-92

17/11/18
4rQop.md.jpg

Can’t believe it ! This project is perfect !!

Os-92

17/11/18

Believe me am eagerly waiting for the comparison !!!
thank you all for the great effort and help for the community

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
4rQop.md.jpg

That's only on the blue dial 5711

J.B.Thomas

9/10/13
I apologize if I am posting in the wrong area, even though I have been a member for years, I’ve only started using this in the last month or so. I just have a general question on the term “Franken”, I’m taking a wild guess and saying it’s a self modded watch? I see the term everywhere. Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Mr.Marbella

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I apologize if I am posting in the wrong area, even though I have been a member for years, I’ve only started using this in the last month or so. I just have a general question on the term “Franken”, I’m taking a wild guess and saying it’s a self modded watch? I see the term everywhere. Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Frankening a watch involves replacing replica part(s) with genuine factory parts.

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Wow. Wonderful project.
Turns out great.
Great looking watch at a fraction of the price of gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well to be fair with the current price of a gen white dial nautilus you can pretty much rebuild the entire damn thing with a monkey's load of franken parts and still be at a fraction of its absurd cost.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

BIONONE

28/4/17
Well to be fair with the current price of a gen white dial nautilus you can pretty much rebuild the entire damn thing with a monkey's load of franken parts and still be at a fraction of its absurd cost.

lets see what patek is presenting at the Baselworld - beside the prestige that comes with the secondary market price fuckery i think they are capable of boosting their own sales with the right models, changes and marketing strategies - just like the 20% more or so on top of their old retail price...

... and with that the demand in china is also rising so the pressure is even higher for our chinese friends ;)

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
lets see what patek is presenting at the Baselworld - beside the prestige that comes with the secondary market price fuckery i think they are capable of boosting their own sales with the right models, changes and marketing strategies - just like the 20% more or so on top of their old retail price...

... and with that the demand in china is also rising so the pressure is even higher for our chinese friends ;)

Yeah. I just hope the quality of reps continue to increase. Though I am tempted to make a massive project out of a PF White Nautilus to make it the best possible rep there is.

antotony0203

Renowned Member
30/4/17
omg it is really nice. I wonder those gen dials on Ebay are really gen now.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-N9600 發送