• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken Project: White Nautilus

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Some of you probably know that I acquired a gen dial from brane and I've been getting some sage advice from theREALgoat as well.

So yeah, I had the fortune of getting a gen white Nautilus dial, and I decided it would be fun to chronicle the process of getting this to a final state.

My projected build is most likely going to be:

1. PF Nautilus 5711 base
2. Gen white dial ($1100 on M2M here, now going for ~$3k)
3. JJF White Nautilus hands
4. DWO done by Keylog74

However, due to CNY and unavailability/impatience, I am going to use the PF hands as the lume matches pretty closely. I can change the hands out later relatively easy after CNY. My TD has confirmed he can get me the JJF hands.

Work is going to be done by yodog because he's the bomb. I asked him to put the DWO as close to the dial as possible, and he does a good job of centering the dates. I've also asked him to take pics during the process so we can all learn from his wisdom.

The dial:
TgmtG.jpg

TgXFa.jpg

Tgj2R.jpg

These pics are comparing the lume color to PF. Sorry for the crappy lighting, I took them last night with my iphone before packaging them.
OId4g.jpg

OIhUR.jpg

OISYZ.jpg

OIiEd.jpg

OI8G2.jpg

OIw4b.jpg

Last edited:

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
Looking forward to it.
Where and how much did you pay for the dial if you can tell?

rolex79

28/3/16
Damn so you were the lucky son of a gun who picked that up. Please let me know first if you ever decide to let go of it! yodog is also helping me with a franken. His work is nothing but top notch.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Rep_Fan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/18
_o_.gif

Wow...Very well done...Looks amazing!
:drinks_cheers:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Nice work man!
Are the markers applied on the dial gen?

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk
Yep. The hands were relumed by yodog as well. I have already ordered the JJF hands too so it will be nice to see how it all compares.

Reactions: vcappp

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I don't know if it's the light or my imagination but the case and bracelet look better polished / brushed. Did you provide it with any special treatment?

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Yes I sneezed on it and my magical snot made it look "gen rebrushed"

just kidding AFAIK this is stock, Im a Rolex guy but this watch is pretty damn cool!
I definitely need to buy some "magical snot polishing fluid" for my daily beaters, maybe it's better than Cape Cod cloth