• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Miyota 9015 movement rota noise

ci7yuk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/10/17
Hello

I've had this issue before on the movement... Where need to oil the bearings to quieten down the rota as it rotates...

But does anyone know how to remove the rota? As the screw is a false one...

Just it just pop off?? If so how does it go back on... Didn't want to damage anything...

Pics:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YQnYodk74A2mqoMc8

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
The screw in the very middle of that movement..is a false screw? Are you sure?
I thought it's a real one...

ci7yuk

2/10/17
Yes sorry it's a 5711. The screw definitely is fake...

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
ahh...The JFF 40th anniv.

I'm guessing here but if it's like the ARF Daytona 116500, then that whole thing turns. Try to hold that whole middle section and turn counter clockwise..the whole thing should come out...So it's like a fake screw head glued onto the "screw" which holds the rotor/bearing down...

ci7yuk

2/10/17
ahh...The JFF 40th anniv.

I'm guessing here but if it's like the ARF Daytona 116500, then that whole thing turns. Try to hold that whole middle section and turn counter clockwise..the whole thing should come out...So it's like a fake screw head glued onto the "screw" which holds the rotor/bearing down...

Yes that's model chap...

Yes the rota spins either way the screw spins with it... So should it prise off? Once off will need to be re glued down?

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
I wouldn't try to pry it off...On the Daytona, some users pry it off but they're replacing the whole rotor, bearing etc with the ETA one. But prying it you risk breaking the stuff that is attaching underneath (who knows).

You're not spinning the rotor ..bc that's free spin (bearing). You're holding the very middle part..the part that the fake screw is attached to..turn that whole middle part counter clockwise...

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
I guess I should explain... on the ARF Daytona, that whole "middle section" is the screw with the fake "screw" glued to it...if that makes any sense...
Not sure if it is the same in this case..

ci7yuk

2/10/17
I wouldn't try to pry it off...On the Daytona, some users pry it off but they're replacing the whole rotor, bearing etc with the ETA one. But prying it you risk breaking the stuff that is attaching underneath (who knows).

You're not spinning the rotor ..bc that's free spin (bearing). You're holding the very middle part..the part that the fake screw is attached to..turn that whole middle part counter clockwise...

The rota at either side had a small groove... Put tool undeneath both sides and lightly lifted and it just popped off... Really easy :) unsure why they don't just oil from factory!?

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
Oh...glad you figured it out mate. Sorry for the wrong info.
So how does it go back together? Just press it back down??

ci7yuk

2/10/17
Oh...glad you figured it out mate. Sorry for the wrong info.
So how does it go back together? Just press it back down??

Don't worry. Each factory does there own thing... Haha not got to that yet ;-)... But it think just clicks back on? Will try it... May need a tiny bit of glue?...

Only thing with miyota movements... :-/