• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Finishing and worth money buy between 5711 MKS v5 and Noob Daytona 116500 v2

PP4Ever

Known Member
8/12/17
I'm just curious and interest to buy those 2 watch between 5711 MKS v5 and Noob Daytona 116500 v2.

5711 is $468 and Day is $688

I'm understand the rep of both isn't perfect but to my concern, which watch is more worth money spent in term of finishing, durability.

Thank you

baia64

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/16
Italia
I'm just curious and interest to buy those 2 watch between 5711 MKS v5 and Noob Daytona 116500 v2.

5711 is $468 and Day is $688

I'm understand the rep of both isn't perfect but to my concern, which watch is more worth money spent in term of finishing, durability.

Thank you

=

glee79

9/3/17
To be honest. I would go for a Steinhart or other gen low-mid range price watches. Reps are hit and miss.

Reactions: gilrob

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
The noob subdials are too fat. Unless you invest an extra $300 on installing an ARF dial (labor and parts), it’s going to bother you. The Nautilus Fromm PF is arguably better if you get the DW mod (www.datewheel.info) and have someone install it for you. About $600-$650 all in.

Getting the MKv5 is a good option for a decent price. The dates from 20-31 are very badly printed (small font).

Wraithier

19/6/16
The noob subdials are too fat. Unless you invest an extra $300 on installing an ARF dial (labor and parts), it’s going to bother you. The Nautilus Fromm PF is arguably better if you get the DW mod (www.datewheel.info) and have someone install it for you. About $600-$650 all in.

Getting the MKv5 is a good option for a decent price. The dates from 20-31 are very badly printed (small font).

An extra $300 to install an ARF dial? My ARF dial was $50, who is charging $250 to shave/install them? It's only 1mm that needs removed and most watch smiths I've used charge about $20 for a dial swap.

OP though they are two completely different watches, both will have flaws compared to gen. majwilliams is correct with the noob the subdials are noticeably too thick so at the very least you'll want to source an ARF dial and have it fitted, which will add to the cost obviously. You may also want to have the bezel switched to ARF too but that is not as necessary as the dial.

Either is a good option and will give you a watch that is close to the look of the gen at a fraction of the cost. Buy what you majwilliams is correct in that you'll have to spend more on the noob to get it not to stick out like a sore thumb.

Reactions: majwilliams0308

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
An extra $300 to install an ARF dial? My ARF dial was $50, who is charging $250 to shave/install them? It's only 1mm that needs removed and most watch smiths I've used charge about $20 for a dial swap.

OP though they are two completely different watches, both will have flaws compared to gen. majwilliams is correct with the noob the subdials are noticeably too thick so at the very least you'll want to source an ARF dial and have it fitted, which will add to the cost obviously. You may also want to have the bezel switched to ARF too but that is not as necessary as the dial.

Either is a good option and will give you a watch that is close to the look of the gen at a fraction of the cost. Buy what you majwilliams is correct in that you'll have to spend more on the noob to get it not to stick out like a sore thumb.

Dial is $50, I got the ARF bezel as well. The dal has to be shaved on a CBC machine or something similar to do it right. I also had the gasket lowered, etc. Maybe $50 and $150 it can be done on the daytona

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Just get the ARF Daytona, what’s the point of buying the Noob and switching a bunch of parts, just to get the clone movement?!? Who cares, you can’t see it, and who’s really using their chronograph anyway?! Just get the ARF and you have a watch that looks great without needing a bunch of mods!!!

DC

Wraithier

19/6/16
Just get the ARF Daytona, what’s the point of buying the Noob and switching a bunch of parts, just to get the clone movement?!? Who cares, you can’t see it, and who’s really using their chronograph anyway?! Just get the ARF and you have a watch that looks great without needing a bunch of mods!!!

DC

That's an option too, though I do use the Chrono on my watches quite a bit. I'm also one of those people that in order to purchase a watch I expect it to work and not have fake functionality. I wouldn't purchase any other Daytona rep other than one that was functional, and the I knew the A7750 was way too thick. For me I'd rather pay the extra $$ and have a modded Daytona that looks the part AND functions like gen.

Reactions: gilrob