• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF Aquanaut stopped working

Salmonerd

Horology Curious
9/7/19
Puretime suggested I void the warranty and bring it to a local watch repair business. Has anyone had luck with their local watch repair company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

isoltech

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/20
EU
I wanted to share my experience too with a ZF aquanaut I acquired recently.

It's keeping accurate time and it's running well while worn. However, while off-wrist at night, the movement sometime stops randomly, after 2 or 3 hours. In the morning, if put on the wrist, it starts working again. For 3-4 nights in a row there are no issues, then suddenly it stops. It's very strange and I was wondering whether any other people here in the forum have experienced the same issue.

I'm currently in contact with the TD to resolve the issue, but for now I've got the usual reply like "wind it manually, tap HARD on the back of the watch and try it for another 5 days"

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
I Don’t know if it’s bad luck but I have had 3 ZF PP reps with miyotas and all 3 had movement problems and stopped working eventually. One was even DOA. I have many watches from different factories with miyotas and never had issues with those aside from loud rotors.

isoltech

30/8/20
EU
I Don’t know if it’s bad luck but I have had 3 ZF PP reps with miyotas and all 3 had movement problems and stopped working eventually. One was even DOA. I have many watches from different factories with miyotas and never had issues with those aside from loud rotors.

Thank you for sharing your experience, so sorry to hear you had so many issues. I'm bringing my watch to a watchmaker for a check, hopefully it's not something too serious

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
i have had my zf aquanaut for over a year now, no problems whatsoever except for the bad power reserve.

isoltech

30/8/20
EU
An update that may benefit other ZF owners.

After bringing my watch to a watchmaker, the issue was solved. In summary, my ZF aquanaut was keeping perfect time but stopped randomly from time to time (like every 3-4 days of normal use).

The issue was related to the barrel, which was fully replaced. Luckily I found an inexpensive new spare part from softlypart.com (Miyota 9015), given the support from the TD was totally unprofessional and basically inexistent (even if the watch was new and issue appeared immediately after I received it).

Reactions: thenut

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
An update that may benefit other ZF owners.

After bringing my watch to a watchmaker, the issue was solved. In summary, my ZF aquanaut was keeping perfect time but stopped randomly from time to time (like every 3-4 days of normal use).

The issue was related to the barrel, which was fully replaced. Luckily I found an inexpensive new spare part from softlypart.com (Miyota 9015), given the support from the TD was totally unprofessional and basically inexistent (even if the watch was new and issue appeared immediately after I received it).

Thanks for Update Mate.
i ve Heard that the movement is Not easy to Change with a replacement miyota 9015 because of the Decoration? Do you Know anything about this?

How much was the Barrel replacement?

isoltech

30/8/20
EU
I don't know about the possibility of replacing the whole movement. At least, being the movement based on a Miyota 9015, replacement parts are available.
Decorations are making any maintenance job slightly harder, since there are fake bridges and other glued components without functional purpose that are in the way.

The whole barrel was around 20$, including shipment.