• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Time for a new aquanaut - ZF blue aquanaut

arna67

Supporter
Certified
27/6/18
Here is a comparison.
Left is GEN (chrono twenty4) and Right is ZF .
Check the hour markers and indices size.
Tlfxg.png

The minute hand is shorter on the rep, and probabily the hour hand too

Sent from the RWI App

Rustyrust

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/18
Logo also looks smaller than gen?

Depends on to what extent you can tolearate these faults. To some they are nit picks. Personally I'd wait for an improved dial before dishing out $500. Shame because this watch has so much more character than the black 5167.

Reactions: sebatian

sebatian

20/6/15
i was just about to place an order for this, now....... ill wait?

ALSO SS clasp? is that like gen? i know the case is WG but is the clasp SS?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
i was just about to place an order for this, now....... ill wait?

ALSO SS clasp? is that like gen? i know the case is WG but is the clasp SS?

no average gen owner or watch enthusiast will call you out because of those "flaws".

if you hand over your watch to someone else he will see what is wrong with the movement - so leave alone the wrong stamp/embossing on the clasp (as the gen got a WG one)

In the end you got a beautifully finished watch that got nothing wrong to it - no mismatching lume colors or unaesthetic DW fonts... or incorrect bezel shape etc. etc.

This rep is actually not a super rep (it cant until we see a proper clone of the 324 SC and even then it is difficult...) But for what it is i can assure all of you that it would be a pleasure to wear this rep as its finish is simply gorgeous - reading this keeping in mind what the rep costs and what kind of bespoken proper finish you get.

IMO there is no reason to hold your breath as i cannot imagine that they update such minor things on a not too common model of the aquanaut line.

Last edited:

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Here is a comparison.
Left is GEN (chrono twenty4) and Right is ZF .
Check the hour markers and indices size.
Tlfxg.png

So another thing that is interesting is the lug lengths on the two. I am wondering if the camera lens is distorting things....

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
No 1:1 Patek if no clone movement match Gen thickness 3:3, otherwise wasting time and money..

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
No 1:1 Patek if no clone movement match Gen thickness 3:3, otherwise wasting time and money..

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

If they can clone movement but the rest of the watch suck will you still buy it?
Noob daytona for example.

fradic

Renowned Member
16/9/11
Hands look retarded. And alot more raised compared to gen, from the dial that is.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
If they can clone movement but the rest of the watch suck will you still buy it?
Noob daytona for example.

I think if the deco plate does not add to the thickness and looks good, I dont care. I think the size of the case and dial are the most important details to me. That PF 5711 has a deco plate, but its close to gen thick and the blue dial looks good (after you move the markers out some.) The white dial is a crime and I switched mine out with a JJF. Those guys should be ashamed at the white dial markers paint and lume.

Would I like a gen clone movement, sure. Would I pay an extra $250 or so for a clone movement, yes. These ZF guys cut the corners on the dial number size. Fine. I guess they will sell out all of their inventory. But man, really wish they had spent a little extra time to get the dial right.

I will buy the black dial Aquanaut because man, it looks awesome. I am prob going to skip the blue and wait for v2 (or they may never fix it)

pip72

21/2/19
I bought a ZF Dial for 50 dollars I purchased the blue PF Aquanaut but the "Swiss Made" is missing at the o'clock position and the luminescent stick markers above the roman numerals are painted on and not encased. I am going to try to replace the PF dial with the ZF dial I already have the correct size DW installed. Anybody know anyone that could do this for me?

BIONONE

28/4/17
I bought a ZF Dial for 50 dollars I purchased the blue PF Aquanaut but the "Swiss Made" is missing at the o'clock position and the luminescent stick markers above the roman numerals are painted on and not encased. I am going to try to replace the PF dial with the ZF dial I already have the correct size DW installed. Anybody know anyone that could do this for me?

is the PF the right size? Isn't the blue Aquanaut meant to be 42mm in diameter?

Reactions: Godfathar

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
The stainless steel is a killer. A casual pp fan will know its white gold, donuts an immedi7tell b4 anything else. Fix this and I, like many others , would buy it. Is there a v2 underway?

Tony23

19/8/19
FYI. This is a photo of PF..
6df2b44991122b5bd4d8eb82fa0a1907.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Simon2439

9/1/20
Can anyone advise please. I have searched hard but can not find a comparison between the 5168G PF vs ZF. are there any full reviews on both versions of the blue dial? Thanks in advance

Tobel

6/7/17
Can anyone advise please. I have searched hard but can not find a comparison between the 5168G PF vs ZF. are there any full reviews on both versions of the blue dial? Thanks in advance

PF is not on par with ZF

Reactions: gilrob