• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Time for a new aquanaut - ZF blue aquanaut

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Are you kidding ZF ?
RWI members Please pay attention when you do QC, there are some stocks have a typo on the movement, if you care details.

“ADJU3TED”

Please ZF hire someone that knows very basic Alphabet at least when you invest big serious money to replicate a big demand movement like 324SC.

0381b651aa924a0b3ccd1f5d60fe62e3.jpg

Also, please ZF, do not miss a very basic thing when you charge high amount for a rep watch.
434e012e6ffd09ba7fbe092037b9ab35.jpg

P.S.
kobe24 reppist Could you please tell ZF maker about these ? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Blue colour seems way off gen.

EDIT: well maybe not, could just be the TD pics that are way overexposed.

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Here are my QC pic.
Is the movement 11s/ day reliable?
DW font also up a little I think.
How you think?
iKE5L.jpg

iKu0o.jpg

iKplK.jpg

iKvbe.jpg

iK1jT.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

tesmith2112

Supporter
3/5/10
this issue I see are the numbers seem a bit too small vs. gen. I'm assuming the gen 42MM blue version has slighter larger numbers vs. 40mm, but they factory used the 40mm numbers on the blue 42mm watch vs redoing at the proper size. Complete speculation, but they seem smaller than the gen. Also notice how the 12 is way higher above the parallel line directly underneath, whereas the gen 12 rest's on the line. Other number have similar issues. With all of this in mind, I ordered one and it should be here in couple of days, I'm excited.

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
this issue I see are the numbers seem a bit too small vs. gen. I'm assuming the gen 42MM blue version has slighter larger numbers vs. 40mm, but they factory used the 40mm numbers on the blue 42mm watch vs redoing at the proper size. Complete speculation, but they seem smaller than the gen. Also notice how the 12 is way higher above the parallel line directly underneath, whereas the gen 12 rest's on the line. Other number have similar issues. With all of this in mind, I ordered one and it should be here in couple of days, I'm excited.

Dw number is same i think but not thick enough so it looks small compared to case size

stoyania

15/4/16
ZF is taking all of my money this is crazy. I was perfectly happy with my KMF blue aquanaut until this showed up. The dial looks very good, but it's not quite as good as gen.

Edit
Nfz7G.jpg

Edit: The dial still has the long line issue @ 5 o clock. ow on earth did that happen twice?!

looks like the long line issue is both on the 7-5 line as well as on the 11-1 line....hopefully they fix in v2

Lovelyrose

Renowned Member
2/9/14
Are you kidding ZF ?
RWI members Please pay attention when you do QC, there are some stocks have a typo on the movement, if you care details.

“ADJU3TED”

Please ZF hire someone that knows very basic Alphabet at least when you invest big serious money to replicate a big demand movement like 324SC.

0381b651aa924a0b3ccd1f5d60fe62e3.jpg

Also, please ZF, do not miss a very basic thing when you charge high amount for a rep watch.
434e012e6ffd09ba7fbe092037b9ab35.jpg

P.S.
kobe24 reppist Could you please tell ZF maker about these ? Thank you.

Lol mate u are buying 400 rep not 40k watch. Consider is way way good price for a little flaws. Live with it or get over it or skip this watch. Simple as that.

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Adjust3d and stainless steel on bracelet is ok for me. Nobody come and ask me let me see your watch.
The problem is the dial is completely off.
:/
dial pattern and hour marker are completely off.

Reactions: soni04al

Thedicktator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
So only the Blue dial has issue with the line crossing 5

black dial does matches genuine

now I regret buying the blue dial

what to do?

it’s coming here tomorrow

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
The dial is completely off. check the 12 maker. It should sit on the first line of dial engraving.

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
So only the Blue dial has issue with the line crossing 5

black dial does matches genuine

now I regret buying the blue dial

what to do?

it’s coming here tomorrow

Gen blue has the line you mention on 5 but black doesnt.

Thedicktator

27/11/18
Gen blue has the line you mention on 5 but black doesnt.

I am talking about the extended line past the 5

The Gen black does not have this extended line, which matches with the REP

The blue version of the Gen does have this extended line and the REP does not

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
I am talking about the extended line past the 5

The Gen black does not have this extended line, which matches with the REP

The blue version of the Gen does have this extended line and the REP does not

Not sure I understand correctly but ZF rep blue and black, both have extended line under the 5.
a9c7f4e1b54a71704eab4f3aca64123a.jpg
4eda887e98ca7c29d195e34572737712.jpg

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
The dial proportions are slightly off. Example, the ZF outer ring is longer than gen. So it compresses the rest of the dial some. The bottom of the 12 and top of the 6 should sit on the lines. Instead the 5 and 7 touch the bottom line.

Its a nitpick, but this is what happens when you design these watches from images.

Below is gen for comparison

Patek-Philippe-Aquanaut-Jumbo-5168G-blue-dial-white-gold-42mm-baselworld-2017-3.jpg

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Its not easy to find onbwrist what u all talk about passing the line 5.
But trust me, hr marker are smaller than gen and they use these marker from 5716 black dial and they dont change the dial pattern too.
I will post when i arrived homebfor gen vs rep comparison .
Its better to pick black dial.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Its not easy to find onbwrist what u all talk about passing the line 5.
But trust me, hr marker are smaller than gen and they use these marker from 5716 black dial and they dont change the dial pattern too.
I will post when i arrived homebfor gen vs rep comparison .
Its better to pick black dial.

Yeah, thats the conclusion I came to myself. I think if they have fixed the date wheel alignment issue then the 40mm black aquanaut is the superior rep.

I will wait for the v2 of the blue dial 42mm to come out after they fix the issues.

Rustyrust

29/5/18
AdjuSted lol. ZF must be taking the piss. The line at 5 can't be unseen! Love the blue but l am going for the black dial as it has less obvious flaws.