• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava is out

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
The supplied strap is perfectly okay if you have standard size wrists. It’s a 115/75 strap from memory.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

xMagnusx

Horology Curious
4/12/20
Hi, I am new to the forum. Just curious, what is the difference between 5296R and 5296G that makes 5296R on the super rep list but not 5296G?

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Hi, I am new to the forum. Just curious, what is the difference between 5296R and 5296G that makes 5296R on the super rep list but not 5296G?

Hello, and welcome! The actual rose gold color of the 5296R is very accurate of the genuine rose gold color. Whereas the 5296G is a bit less accurate in terms of the “gold” color. I believe the gold color is too yellow. If I recall correctly the 5296R was a lot more commonly made in production where PP didn’t make as many of the 5296G’s.

The 5296R is a great rep, but most people tend to get a better strap than the one that comes with it. Rep bands are typically not of great quality. Some people will buy Camille Fournet straps, who actually commission their bands for PP, VC and a few other brands to speak to their quality. A few pictures of my 5296R with a grey strap. The size of the strap you’ll want is 21/16 if you do order one. Hope this helps :)

ZqoOok.jpg
ZqoYTo.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Watch-a-say

bocodoku

Horology Curious
5/11/20
Hello, and welcome! The actual rose gold color of the 5296R is very accurate of the genuine rose gold color. Whereas the 5296G is a bit less accurate in terms of the “gold” color. I believe the gold color is too yellow. If I recall correctly the 5296R was a lot more commonly made in production where PP didn’t make as many of the 5296G’s.

The 5296R is a great rep, but most people tend to get a better strap than the one that comes with it. Rep bands are typically not of great quality. Some people will buy Camille Fournet straps, who actually commission their bands for PP, VC and a few other brands to speak to their quality. A few pictures of my 5296R with a grey strap. The size of the strap you’ll want is 21/16 if you do order one. Hope this helps :)

Is it me or the 2, 4, 8, 10 markers seems a tiny bit off. 2 and 8 point slightly above the center, while 4 and 10 point a bit below the center? Could also be the angle of the picture.

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia

ZqoOok.jpg
ZqoYTo.jpg

Thats one hell of a strap.
Amazing

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Silenced rotor and gen PP leather, can't get any better ;) With this watch (just like with all reps), if you have a lifestyle and dress sense to supplement it, nobody will call you out.

Reactions: Watch-a-say

bocodoku

Horology Curious
5/11/20
The rep does look very substandard compared to what ZF seems to make.

Text is not centred vertically where it should be, and its so unpleasant that it is an obvious tell. The gen has an amazing finish and it does not seem a part of this finish has been replicated in this rep. NWB in rep for me for sure.

Getsuga

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/20
pulling trigger on this ZF RG CALATRAVA.

May i ask:

how serviceable is the FACTORY LEATHER BRACELET?

I dont want to spend 400$ish then have to spend another 400ish on a GEN STRAP.

Thanks

The straps that come with these watches are terrible. You can buy a CF straps quite cheap and they are miles better.

Reactions: pistebasher

Cybermorph

Known Member
27/8/19

ZqoOok.jpg
ZqoYTo.jpg
I'm so confused between the 5296R and G, the R shows it being 2 different watches, both on TD sites as well as even PP site. So which is which? Both the OP pic and this one are often referenced.
4aafb541a0a64988f970d59bdfefbe53.jpg

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
I'm so confused between the 5296R and G, the R shows it being 2 different watches, both on TD sites as well as even PP site. So which is which? Both the OP pic and this one are often referenced.
4aafb541a0a64988f970d59bdfefbe53.jpg

R is Rose gold, G is white gold, both the 5296R and 5296G exist with a classic dial and a sector dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cybermorph

Known Member
27/8/19
R is Rose gold, G is white gold, both the 5296R and 5296G exist with a classic dial and a sector dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah 2 versions of same watch thanks! Are both sector and classic R superclones?

Cybermorph

Known Member
27/8/19
There's no such thing as a super clone
Oh weird, a quick Google search brings up dozens of results. Some people sure think they exist.

Link removed / scam

Last edited by a moderator:

Tobel

6/7/17
Oh weird, a quick Google search brings up dozens of results. Some people sure think they exist.

"Replica Rolex Watches Super Clone Rolex Watches" http://www.qualityreplicamall.com/clone-rolex.html

Some people either don't know what they're talking about - you seem to be one of them - or are selling reps using marketing bullshit terms, some of these websites being scammers. This website you quoted here is not a trusted dealer here by the way.

I suggest that you do a little bit of reading to better understand the world of reps and how this forum works.

So no, there is no such thing as a super clone

Cybermorph

Known Member
27/8/19
Some people either don't know what they're talking about - you seem to be one of them - or are selling reps using marketing bullshit terms, some of these websites being scammers. This website you quoted here is not a trusted dealer here by the way.

I suggest that you do a little bit of reading to better understand the world of reps and how this forum works.

So no, there is no such thing as a super clone
I couldn't care less what you think as I have no skin in the game, not selling anything and just made my first purchase recently, three watches and one is a super rep... and I'm so so sorry if I called it a clone rather than a rep, what was I thinking, so happy you could put me in my place....but I've been reading about this stuff for a couple years now so I guess I know a little bit. Anyways I do have a degree, a minor in English and if it's a matter of semantics so you know the term does exist. So your claim that it doesn't is patently false. Anyways you seem to be an expert and really want to show it so I'm sure you make a great contribution on this site especially with your attitude... anyways all the best to you captain!

Tobel

6/7/17
I couldn't care less what you think as I have no skin in the game, not selling anything and just made my first purchase recently, three watches and one is a super rep... and I'm so so sorry if I called it a clone rather than a rep, what was I thinking, so happy you could put me in my place....but I've been reading about this stuff for a couple years now so I guess I know a little bit. Anyways I do have a degree, a minor in English and if it's a matter of semantics so you know the term does exist. So your claim that it doesn't is patently false. Anyways you seem to be an expert and really want to show it so I'm sure you make a great contribution on this site especially with your attitude... anyways all the best to you captain!

I don't think you're understanding my point. It's not about being right, it's about preventing the spread of misinformation and avoiding newbies that may read you to think that there are "super clones" and buy from risky websites. That term is never used here so what we see is that people who use it do not have the understanding of how things work. When I highlighted that to you, instead of trying to understand and do your research here, you tried to be a smart ass by using a google query and sharing a link to a potentially dodgy website, which again is potentially misleading and dangerous for people who don't have the experience.

Now there are watches considered not worth buying in Gen (NWBIG) as well as a few considered officially super reps. There's a thread that lists them, none of the PP you mentioned are super reps.

Now maybe you could reconsider your attitude

Reactions: Time_Wizard