• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava is out

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
Daytonamania Couldn't agree more.

Also some of the most iconic time pieces have been either made for the military or are military inspired. I've listed a few below I think you should check out if you haven't already.

1. Cartier Tank
2. Seamaster 300m professional - also definitely worth considering in gen, incredible value for $ and it's cheaper then the speedy.
3. Seamaster 300m 007

Cheers.

Thanks for the list! The SM300 Professional is definitely high on my list of watches to get. I did order the latest VSF black ceramic one but didn't end up getting it as the watches had too many flaws so i got the refund instead. But yes they are relatively affordable in gen. But i'm still waiting to get my Speedy so SM300 will probably have to wait (or i might just reorder the rep).

Don't quite understand how the Cartier Tank is a military watch though. Or is the shape inspired by an actual armoured tank? Haha.

SKnight

8/7/19
Thanks for the list! The SM300 Professional is definitely high on my list of watches to get. I did order the latest VSF black ceramic one but didn't end up getting it as the watches had too many flaws so i got the refund instead. But yes they are relatively affordable in gen. But i'm still waiting to get my Speedy so SM300 will probably have to wait (or i might just reorder the rep).

Don't quite understand how the Cartier Tank is a military watch though. Or is the shape inspired by an actual armoured tank? Haha.

The Cartier Tank was inspired by the treads of a FT - 17 Renault Tank used on the western front in WWI and the first prototype was given to General Pershing.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Does anybody know what diameter the spring bars are on a gen Calatrava? I've got a gen strap incoming and want to ensure a good fit.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Does anybody know what diameter the spring bars are on a gen Calatrava? I've got a gen strap incoming and want to ensure a good fit.

Ask jm_brc_7057 , he has a collection of excellent gen straps for the assorted PP models. I'm sure he knows what size/diameter of the spring bars you need.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Ask jm_brc_7057 , he has a collection of excellent gen straps for the assorted PP models. I'm sure he knows what size/diameter of the spring bars you need.

I’ve sold all my Calatrava’s. I only have the 5089G left. Can measure that but it’s a CF strap. I think it’s the same though. Which Calatrava is it for? The ZF ones come with pretty good ones that I used on the 5296R.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I’ve sold all my Calatrava’s. I only have the 5089G left. Can measure that but it’s a CF strap. I think it’s the same though. Which Calatrava is it for? The ZF ones come with pretty good ones that I used on the 5296R.

It's for a gen strap going on a ZF Calatrava - it's a gen strap but doesn't have the cut outs for the quick release springbars, so I can't re-use the rep bars. I am now pretty sure the diameter is 1.8mm tho.......

Reactions: cap923

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
It's for a gen strap going on a ZF Calatrava - it's a gen strap but doesn't have the cut outs for the quick release springbars, so I can't re-use the rep bars. I am now pretty sure the diameter is 1.8mm tho.......

I don't know what size the gen are, buddy. But the CF straps has 1,4mm.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

I have put 2 gen straps on my SS Ivory and Gold ZF 5296R (One is Black strap and the other is brown). Both Gen straps (21mm x 16mm) came with cut outs. Are you sure yours is meant for this model? IN both cases I ended up using the stock ZF springbar which is also 21mm long (diameter is probably 1.8 or 1.5)

sYSKF.jpg
sYFR5.jpg
sY09t.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gilrob and SKnight

FLYER9

Known Member
2/2/16
I have put 2 gen straps on my SS Ivory and Gold ZF 5296R (One is Black strap and the other is brown). Both Gen straps (21mm x 16mm) came with cut outs. Are you sure yours is meant for this model? IN both cases I ended up using the stock ZF springbar which is also 21mm long (diameter is probably 1.8 or 1.5)

sYSKF.jpg
sYFR5.jpg
sY09t.jpg

Watches look amazing man, a gen strap or CF strap really finish these off. I’m thinking of ordering a blue leather strap for my 5296G, is 21x16 the perfect fit for these?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: srhoque

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
Watches look amazing man, a gen strap or CF strap really finish these off. I’m thinking of ordering a blue leather strap for my 5296G, is 21x16 the perfect fit for these?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, that's the right size.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

srhoque

28/11/18

Thanks in advance!

Yep, perfect fit!!

srhoque

28/11/18

Thanks in advance!

Perfect fit. Now I have attached some pics of both ends:

uEy6R.jpg
uEYAL.jpg

Last edited:

shadysimoon

Known Member
6/1/20
U.E.
i was thinking the same...it seems improved

I'm afraid not...

I'm new here and more of a studious student
I read more than I post but after spending a sleepless night reading and rereading all the Calatrava posts ...

I really have to thank people like ... jm_brc_7057 tks for all your passion and reviews , Rainbowkin , Godfathar , majwilliams0308 , m1994 and sorry for the others whose I forget !

well done and thank you evertbody !!

when entering rep's world, I didn't think I was looking at the PPs because they were too "rich" for me.

I am a fan of the JLC and for examples I hesitated between the 5296 sector dial and the JLC Master Geographic Sector....But to be honest not anymore !!
and this rhythm I find myself with the JLC MUT Moonphase face to face with the 5227...
The JLC Polaris Bleu Dial face to face with the 5296 sector.
A hell of a collection !!!!

here is my post so that we can get to know each other
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...yours-opinions

To regroup the information and to be able to hope for a new update of its models I put the post of toni123456
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...f-5227-5296-v3

someone has news of this V3 with TD ? especially for the 5296 's dial...

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Rol.exe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
New Zealand
Two weeks ago I was on the hunt for a rose gold dress watch with brown strap. I ended up buying a Swiss gen (not PP) and have buyer's remorse as I could have purchased both the SS and RG Calatrava reps with enough left over for another piece. I have only just joined RWI and purchased a black Sub date but a PP is my grail watch, even if my ownership of a gen is unlikely. This Calatrava is beautiful in both SS and RG and one of them will be my next purchase.

Reactions: cap923