• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava is out

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

Now I understand. You asked if the 5296 wears small. Yes it does. But compared to the 5227 the 5227 wears smaller. Even its bigger. I have attached photos to help you decide. It's not a big difference. the 5296 has straighter lugs but is smaller in diameter. The 5227 is bigger but has short curved lugs. It's almost the same.

Generally the 5227/5205 etc design series wear very small because of the lugs but also the sloped thick bezel. The watch looks smaller.

20190621-163826.jpg

20191022-135733.jpg

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
Now I understand. You asked if the 5296 wears small. Yes it does. But compared to the 5227 the 5227 wears smaller. Even its bigger. I have attached photos to help you decide. It's not a big difference. the 5296 has straighter lugs but is smaller in diameter. The 5227 is bigger but has short curved lugs. It's almost the same.

Generally the 5227/5205 etc design series wear very small because of the lugs but also the sloped thick bezel. The watch looks smaller.

Thanks. Do you mind telling me your wrist size please? Mine is exactly 6" / 15.2cm.

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I have a 5227 for sale now... and I'm selling it because I have an 8.75" wrist... and it looked too small. I think I need a 40mm dress watch since I've got nearly 9 inch wrists. But it fit my brother who has the normal wrist size for a man 7.5" absolutely fine and looked fantastic... I was jealous.

Here's the watch for sale in case anyone is interested.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ch-and-release-patek-calatrava-5227g-zf-uk-eu

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
Can I get opinions on two issues for a QC please. In the first pictures I received, it looked like the crown was sticking out, and that the next date was showing slightly at the top of the date window. I asked them to check the crown and send pics from several angles to check on the date window, which resulted in the second picture, which is from a higher angle and still shows the same problems. Can anyone confirm if this is normal please?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Can I get opinions on two issues for a QC please. In the first pictures I received, it looked like the crown was sticking out, and that the next date was showing slightly at the top of the date window. I asked them to check the crown and send pics from several angles to check on the date window, which resulted in the second picture, which is from a higher angle and still shows the same problems. Can anyone confirm if this is normal please?

Something wrong with the crown maybe. I would probably have rejected that.

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
For those who own this watch, if you tap the watch, do you get a rattling sound? I have a lot of watches with the 9015 movement, and while some are a bit noisy, if I tap them, there's no sound.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18

Most crowns protrude like that. If not all the ones I’ve handled recently.

Prevents the case from getting scratched when winding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hinclimincli

SKnight

8/7/19
Hi guys

Hope everyone is safe.

I've just purchased the ZF 5227r, however I'd like to purchase the calatrava cross deployment clasp as an option for it.

My TD says they're not available. I'd appreciate if you guys could help me out in sourcing one.

Cheers

kirkanos

Horology Curious
27/8/18
Hi guys

Hope everyone is safe.

I've just purchased the ZF 5227r, however I'd like to purchase the calatrava cross deployment clasp as an option for it.

My TD says they're not available. I'd appreciate if you guys could help me out in sourcing one.

Cheers

Have you looked on Etsy? Last I was on there they had some.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
kirkanos Cheers mate.

Do you know what size would I need for the 5227??

The 5227 has a 19mm lug width and comes with a buckle with 16mm buckle width. Although the Patek deployants available at the TD's are 18mm. So you will need a 19/18mm strap. And make the 12 end on the strap shorter and the 6 end longer. Because the Patek deployants are asymmetric. Or it will nag on your wrist. I use straps of the size 110/70 on buckle, but for the deployants i have to get the strap made 120/55 or 115/55 mm. In that way it centers on the wrist.

I think maybe Watchfinder can get it for you. I bought one with a watch. I don't know if he sells them separately.

Last edited:

SKnight

8/7/19
jm_brc_7057 Cheers mate as always.

Any new reviews to look forward to? Could really use it right now in this time of quarantine.

SKnight

8/7/19
Godfathar hey mate taking inspiration from you and jm_brc_7057 I'm ordering the Istanbul strap from collected man for my 5227 soon to be coming.

Can you tell me what your wrist size is as I am trying to decide if I need to order a regular or short.

my wrist is just shy of 7 inches.

Cheers

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Godfathar hey mate taking inspiration from you and jm_brc_7057 I'm ordering the Istanbul strap from collected man for my 5227 soon to be coming.

Can you tell me what your wrist size is as I am trying to decide if I need to order a regular or short.

my wrist is just shy of 7 inches.

Cheers

Then a short will be fine mate. My wrist is around 6,75. I have a short. The 5227 is 40mm, a short will be fine.

I haven't any upcoming at the moment. Most of my watches i've already reviewed. I don't know if you've read them all. The VC Tourbillon review is relatively new and the Patek 5089G Azulejos review i wrote a few weeks ago. You can click on the list in my footer:

Last edited:

SKnight

8/7/19
jm_brc_7057 Cheers mate.

I have read most, missed the VC tourbillion, looking forward to reading this!

You've peaked my curiosity and interest in VC, a brand I probably wouldn't have ever considered otherwise.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
jm_brc_7057 Cheers mate.

I have read most, missed the VC tourbillion, looking forward to reading this!

You've peaked my curiosity and interest in VC, a brand I probably wouldn't have ever considered otherwise.

Hope you enjoy it buddy,

I love the brand. They produce some of the most elegant watches imo with their traditionnelle line. Like Lange most of the reps could have been better, but the reps capture the essence of the design and i therefore enjoy them a lot.

Last edited: