• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava is out

Big_Smoke

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/19
Read this. All your answers are here. majwilliams0308 did an excellent review of the dial:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...anken-build-patek-sector-dial-calatrava-5296g

A tip is to use the search function in the top right. Either one can try to search the model number, the watch name or the name it's called on the TD's website (reps can be categorized/named something else than the gen on TD sites).. And you will find it if it's there.

Thanks for the response. It is very informative! However, I was talking about the non-sector dial version of the 5296G :) I’ll look around to see if I find one myself and share it here.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Maybe just an impression but they look quite thick

Reactions: XLR8R

dingse

Horology Curious
8/6/19
Nice one. It will be exciting to see some more images, and get some more info! But good news all the same! :clap_1:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
ZoomBoy mate it looks like a Miyota to me. So reliability should be good regarding time keeping and how long you could keep the watch. If that's what you meant.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
ZoomBoy mate it looks like a Miyota to me. So reliability should be good regarding time keeping and how long you could keep the watch. If that's what you meant.

Not sure if seconds in that position is "natural" to the Miyota or they've added some additional gears (like the 7750 with seconds at 12). That's my only fear. If ZF added additional gears to move seconds there, it may be quite more unreliable versus its natural seconds position.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

BIONONE

28/4/17
Not sure if seconds in that position is "natural" to the Miyota or they've added some additional gears (like the 7750 with seconds at 12). That's my only fear. If ZF added additional gears to move seconds there, it may be quite more unreliable versus its natural seconds position.

Doesnt look like ZF to be honest...

Jaqueslepro

6/3/18
Hey guys,

got my 5296R and these are my initial thoughts:

Watchhead:
- very well made watch! It's great for it's own sake, but perfectly replicated aswell. Love the looks of the watch. The star is the dial. It's a gem and even pretty under a loupe. 99 of 100 points.

Strap:
- the strap is, although others found it to be above average, ...crap. It's really junk for such a great and perfectly made watch. 345 Euro croc strap is on its way, so I have to wait a while to wear it. I even tried it with some cordovan leather cream. That resurrects the driest beef jerky straps. No chance. The leather has more a plastic like appearance. 20 of 100 points (for it's function of holding it on my arm for test purpose).

Engine:
- movement is really well decorated. I know it won't fool a watch collector, but for me as average Joe it looks 'expensive'. The only downside is that it is loud as fu*k. It rattles and sounds loose and dry. It sounds cheap and flims. The noise wouldn't be so relevant if the miyota didn't have this heavy backspin sometimes. That sounds like the mainspring had an instant unload. Some Moebius d5 and tightening the center screw will help hopefully. Movement gets 60 of 100 points for the looks and for being a miracle for the price.

My final resume is: Wonderful watch. One step beyond of other open caseback dresswatches. How can they produce such a watch for under 500 bucks?! Still, unwearable with this strap and without silencing the rotor.

The watch is a clear go with some modding! Thumbs up!

Regards and thanks for the great thread :wave-1:

Last edited:

TonyBevilsizer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/5/18
The worst and just about only thing bad about this model is the band. Quickly fixed with a gen Patek croc strap from the bay.
9ab4fba331b094d33fb037a404599e2d.jpg
e3725e6721a83bc7225fe078e700453d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drmckenn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
13/11/15
THAT is the setup I love (gen brown strap with rep watch).
Looks Great!
Thanks for posting

thrillofhunt

Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Mine just arrived. Impressive. Router got bit of noise but not as bad as many miyota i had before
80eaa784b8f384a3a93c4df8a1373261.jpg
72ee8d027abb52f90f9855a7363e2ce7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Guys any idea why ZF always leave one of the holes with no screw? Mine came like this too, and all of the others i seen have this same "issue" too.