• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava is out

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
8d386db8e1f00ff0d448cddc0e26d6d0.jpg

Brand new strap
a45e20fd0446e3101e88e78429623251.jpg
used Gen Strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: csthe

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Well mine came in yesterday and I have no words. Everything that has been said is true, this one is just a level above the rest. It's a Calatrava turned up to eleven! The looks are impressive but sober and elegant, the strap is indeed amazing, and funny enough mine is not loud at all. I'm really impressed!

The reason why I'm going to buy it NOW! =) dEYEEEMMMMM

Reactions: Hinclimincli

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
I will go for the 5296G-010 more classy and more elegant...

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Well I bought that gen sector dial that was on eBay. I'm going to order the sector dial ZF today and do a small little franken again...

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
How is this watch holding up for everyone who have purchased? Movement operating fine still? I vaguely remember hearing there was an issue with the movement, but it may have been specific to the Aquanaut by ZF.

Thinking of purchasing one of these and putting it on a cheap rubber strap, something completely random that no gen owner would do - but why not with the rep.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Nice grey strap. How does it feel compared to one that comes with the watch originally.

Thanks. The strap that comes with the watch isn't as bad as the usual garbage. It's a little better, but you can easily tell it's a fake strap. Although the watch is so well made that it's kind of a "the watch is lifting the strap" situation. Also it squeaks when you move your wrist just a little. So i wouldn't bet on using it.

I think this watch should be bought as it is one of the best made dresswatch reps IMO.

Reactions: YDDET and XLR8R

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Xabo the main difference is that Camille Fournet manufactures the straps for Patek (AFAIK) and deliver superior craftsmanship when it comes to leather goods.

ziczac is a very nice alternative at a reasonable price point for the the quality while using real exotic leathers.

Out chinese friends love it to stamp the croco pattern onto calf leather - we all know that this is a no no for classy watches like the calatrava hehe

Xabo

Known Member
27/3/19
Germany
Xabo the main difference is that Camille Fournet manufactures the straps for Patek (AFAIK) and deliver superior craftsmanship when it comes to leather goods.

ziczac is a very nice alternative at a reasonable price point for the the quality while using real exotic leathers.

Out chinese friends love it to stamp the croco pattern onto calf leather - we all know that this is a no no for classy watches like the calatrava hehe

Thank you for your help! Didn't knew that it is calf leather, I thought it is not even real leather. I probably gonna purchase both just to see which suits me more for the future :)

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
oh dude this looks lovely! Can you maybe help me out and tell me what is the main difference between Camille Fournet and ZicZac Straps?

BIONONE explained it very well. I can't explain it better, as i have never tried a ziczac strap. Because i'm based in Europe i don't want the long waiting time and risk of paying customs delaying it further etc. So i normally choose either Jacobstraps (Spain), Camille Fournet (France) and Jean Rousseau (France). You can really tell why Breguet, Patek Phillippe, Jaeger-LeCoultre, MB & F and other high end brands use CF as their supplier of straps. The quality is unique. What you get is a strap that lifts the rep to a level its hard to question wether its a rep.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xabo