• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava is out

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Finally part of the 5296 gang. Picked this beauty up in the sales section just over a week ago. Today was first chance I had to wear it, I'm seriously impressed. Strap isn't even that bad although I'll probably opt for CF or OEM strap at some point in near future

​​​​​​
VpUloX.jpg

extintor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/18
I am trying to find a 5170j rose gold. Anyone knows any good rep of it?

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
got mine, and have to say.. its stunning.. to say the least.. compared to genuine (ss) its 1:1 (dont like using that term 1:1) but its there.. this needs to be on the NWBIG list

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
got mine, and have to say.. its stunning.. to say the least.. compared to genuine (ss) its 1:1 (dont like using that term 1:1) but its there.. this needs to be on the NWBIG list

You mean the gen white gold? Aesthetically, its NWBIG (not counting movement) but weight is wayyyyy off gen. I think it's still worth buying gen if you can afford it lol

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
You mean the gen white gold? Aesthetically, its NWBIG (not counting movement) but weight is wayyyyy off gen. I think it's still worth buying gen if you can afford it lol

All NWBIG are that Aesthetically.. once any watch is opened its game over.. wouldnt put 20k on one, when this one is identical.. the weights not that much off

Reactions: vcappp

kayakfine

Looking Around
19/10/18
Possibly a silly question but: the rep is stainless and the original is white gold, right? So how can it be so close to gen? Or is it impossible to tell them apart visually?

Reactions: vcappp

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
You are right but it's hard to distinguish white gold and ss if you don't have them side by side. The most obvious difference would be the weight, as gold is heavier. But no one is going to weigh your watch :)

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
How’s everyones RG holding up? Any fading of sorts?
im on the fence between steel and RG.

I’ve never really been able to rock RG, my ring is silver, my bracelet is silver, cufflinks and tie clips are silver... you get the point. BUT I absolutely love RG with that brown gator strap!

this will most likely be a “special occasions” piece if I were to get the RG, however the steel I feel can be dress down much easier - therefore more versatile (IMO)

Any thoughts on this? Seems like I’ve made my mind but I’m very open to different perspectives. I’m not a fan of black straps, so maybe steel watch + brown gator is a good middle ground.

Also - how’s the RG plating vs gen RG?

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
How’s everyones RG holding up? Any fading of sorts?
im on the fence between steel and RG.

I’ve never really been able to rock RG, my ring is silver, my bracelet is silver, cufflinks and tie clips are silver... you get the point. BUT I absolutely love RG with that brown gator strap!

this will most likely be a “special occasions” piece if I were to get the RG, however the steel I feel can be dress down much easier - therefore more versatile (IMO)

Any thoughts on this? Seems like I’ve made my mind but I’m very open to different perspectives. I’m not a fan of black straps, so maybe steel watch + brown gator is a good middle ground.

Also - how’s the RG plating vs gen RG?

I have the RG, the plating is very good for colour, I own a gen 5110r that usually sits in its box (I don't go many places posh enough to wear it) and colour under internal lighting is close. In daylight a little more copper'ish but not far off. As for durability I haven't worn it enough to be able to comment.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Just placed an order for a RG - can't wait....!

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
^^^^^^^

Posting pics like the above doesn't make the waiting any easier!!

Reactions: KSwatches