• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava is out

Surgeonmd

21/1/17
I believe 9015 and yes it can be silenced. Spongebob has done it many times before for me. But this time i will go DIY because it's not worth it sending it to Taiwan just for this
Hi. How do you silence the rotor? Is it just as simple as putting a drop of oil in the rotor?

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
There is a post here in how to do it. I think it has to be less than a drop. Post was under patek section as i remember

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Haha, except PP would NEVER EVER let this watch go through QC.

Haha. They let this one go through:

cd7b2f442ab019388b8e4e4e35b3a6d2.jpg

And don’t get me started on gen Aquanaut date alignment. Hehe

Reactions: vcappp

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Okay guys, I asked to Perfect Clones if they had this watch and that is what they answered.

Anyone knows what they are talking about?

There are no stocks of this watch … Movt is in short supply and not stable sir.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Okay guys, I asked to Perfect Clones if they had this watch and that is what they answered.

Sounds like a silly excuse to me... kinda like a generated answer.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

Ok, that's great news. Tell them you are happy to buy it without movement for a heavy discount. Then go to eBay and buy any of the (lots of) Miyota 9015 available at the moment. Problem solved, and everybody is a winner!

Reactions: XLR8R

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
Trusty time got in it for me in 2 days (QC after payment) and I love it! And we talking right after CNY

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I'm afraid these are the things that make Perfect Clones NOT a Trusted Dealer here. Their QC isn't always the best (their QC photos are low res and with weird angles), and the amount of weird excuses you get from them is usually overwhelming.

Stick to the trusted ones, dude, and you'll skip all this crap.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I'm afraid these are the things that make Perfect Clones NOT a Trusted Dealer here. Their QC isn't always the best (their QC photos are low res and with weird angles), and the amount of weird excuses you get from them is usually overwhelming.

Stick to the trusted ones, dude, and you'll skip all this crap.

Yeah, except they and trusty are the only one delivering in Switzerland... :) so I have no choice.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Just picked up a RG in m2m. Can't wait to get it here :)

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Yeah, except they and trusty are the only one delivering in Switzerland... :) so I have no choice.

Oh no! Didn't knew that. So you're stuck with The Cartel, then. Well, it could be worse, there could be no dealers shipping to Switzerland. I know they are TDs at RWG and RepGeek, so as long as you have at least a user there you can get assistance in case something goes wrong.

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
I know that trusty isn't a TD here but i had no issues buying from him several times for the past year or so

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
Guys i completely can back the fact that the miyota zf is using is unreliable
i had a zf aquanaut, after some days of having it the second hand wouldnt want to move, it was fully charged but it just wouldnt move so i had to wind the crown and it worked but i noticed that it always stopped at the same spot
after sometime even winding the crown it wouldnt want to move from the same spot, so i started hitting the watch with my fingers and it moved, however it did one complete circle and stopped at the same place anyway
bored of it i hitted it repeatedly till it started working again
i then wore it for 10 days straight without an issue and when i took it off and it naturally lost its charge it would always stop at the same spot
hitting it as before achieved nothing but another full circle and coming back to its spot
Also what i can say is that the movement is dirty as hell, mine had a stain on the decoration which i didnt notice during the qc, it was black and sticky like a dirty chewing gum
now my aquanaut is being serviced and i also got a zf calatrava which doesnt hold much charge, when i take it off in the evening it stops after a couple of hours even as i fully wind it in the morning
i read of at least one other miyota having the same trouble in this section
imho these 9015 are a timebomb and i advice you to get yours serviced asap, my calatrava is going as well when the aquanaut returns

Reactions: vcappp

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Guys i completely can back the fact that the miyota zf is using is unreliable
i had a zf aquanaut, after some days of having it the second hand wouldnt want to move, it was fully charged but it just wouldnt move so i had to wind the crown and it worked but i noticed that it always stopped at the same spot
after sometime even winding the crown it wouldnt want to move from the same spot, so i started hitting the watch with my fingers and it moved, however it did one complete circle and stopped at the same place anyway
bored of it i hitted it repeatedly till it started working again
i then wore it for 10 days straight without an issue and when i took it off and it naturally lost its charge it would always stop at the same spot
hitting it as before achieved nothing but another full circle and coming back to its spot
Also what i can say is that the movement is dirty as hell, mine had a stain on the decoration which i didnt notice during the qc, it was black and sticky like a dirty chewing gum
now my aquanaut is being serviced and i also got a zf calatrava which doesnt hold much charge, when i take it off in the evening it stops after a couple of hours even as i fully wind it in the morning
i read of at least one other miyota having the same trouble in this section
imho these 9015 are a timebomb and i advice you to get yours serviced asap, my calatrava is going as well when the aquanaut returns

Same issue I have with a BP Miyota, it arrived with the same issue you described from the TD. I guess it has nothing to do with the ZF or BP, it's a hit or miss situation with the Miyota..