• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava is out

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Kindly take pics while measuring the strap.. lug and buckle.. and put pictures of the measurements.

Thanks in advance.

Given all the photos on TD websites of the rep next to the gen, one would hope it has 21mm lug width like the real thing!!!

DC

Edit: Just seen Vanwolff’s post, must pay more attention in future. As I’d hoped it’s same as gen... maybe this one will be good enough to warrant a gen Patek strap from the bay...

DC

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Given all the photos on TD websites of the rep next to the gen, one would hope it has 21mm lug width like the real thing!!!

DC

Edit: Just seen Vanwolff’s post, must pay more attention in future. As I’d hoped it’s same as gen... maybe this one will be good enough to warrant a gen Patek strap from the bay...

DC

DC: Are you sure the real things has a 21mm lug width? I know the 5227 does, but does the 5296?

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
Possible for someone with the watch on hand to measure the strap for the buckle and lug size?
Trying to get the strap done before it arrives haha

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Possible for someone with the watch on hand to measure the strap for the buckle and lug size?
Trying to get the strap done before it arrives haha

Read the last few posts, this has just been discussed!!

Lug 21mm and buckle 16mm although good luck finding this size as standard anywhere!

I’m thinking I might dress mine down with a Phillips style nubuck strap. I know it should be on a gloss brown alligator strap but I know I wouldn’t wear it as much, so I’m thinking classy casual could be the way to go...

DA42559-D-496-A-4590-8-BB9-42-F51-A57-FD83.png

DC

Last edited:

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Read the last few posts, this has just been discussed!!

Lug 21mm and buckle 16mm although good luck finding this size as standard anywhere!

I’m thinking I might dress mine down with a Phillips style nubuck strap. I know it should be on a gloss brown alligator strap but I know I wouldn’t wear it as much, so I’m thinking classy casual could be the way to go...

DA42559-D-496-A-4590-8-BB9-42-F51-A57-FD83.png

DC

Wow that is nice. Good matching.

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
I'm biased DC.. you know where I'm heading with that.. I hope this new guy at CF will confirm my order so I can place it tomorrow. And yes 21/16 is hard to find. I had to make it custom.. and that's more expensive than already expensive strap. :(

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I'm biased DC.. you know where I'm heading with that.. I hope this new guy at CF will confirm my order so I can place it tomorrow. And yes 21/16 is hard to find. I had to make it custom.. and that's more expensive than already expensive strap. :(

Yeah I’ve never had to manually enter lug and buckle sizing in their custom section before so discovering that it costs extra was upsetting. What is worse, when you’ve manually entered sizes you then can’t have the interchangeable strap system :(

DC

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Yeah I’ve never had to manually enter lug and buckle sizing in their custom section before so discovering that it costs extra was upsetting. What is worse, when you’ve manually entered sizes you then can’t have the interchangeable strap system :(

DC

You can ask for the interchangeable system at the end, last time they had put it for me with no extra cost. I placed the order already

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Here's one of mine!

155ta8w.jpg

I used a box-cutter knife to make the notches for the spring-bar quick-release on the ZicZac strap, worked fine.

I also got a SS version, and a replacement strap. It'll likely get a lot more use than the RG because as much as I love it I need my watches to be under the radar.

My view is that these are phenomenal reps. I have a gen Calatrava (3919G) and have bought many PP dress watch reps in the past, and these are the first I've had that I've been really impressed with. I also got two JLC moonphase ultrathins recently, it's been a good few months for dress watch reps!

Last edited:

rep2016

Known Member
7/2/16
Here's one of mine!

155ta8w.jpg

I used a box-cutter knife to make the notches for the spring-bar quick-release on the ZicZac strap, worked fine.

I also got a SS version, and a replacement strap. It'll likely get a lot more use than the RG because as much as I love it I need my watches to be under the radar.

My view is that these are phenomenal reps. I have a gen Calatrava (3919G) and have bought many PP dress watch reps in the past, and these are the first I've had that I've been really impressed with. I also got two JLC moonphase ultrathins recently, it's been a good few months for dress watch reps!

Thanks! Is the difference in weight noticeable between your gen (gold) and rep (steel)? I tried the JLC moon phase in gold and in steel at the AD and the difference was slight. Not sure about the Patek.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: vcappp

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
My gen is smaller (33mm) and thinner so it's not an even comparison. My own impression is that the difference would not be so great as to be an obvious tell.

osiris101

12/5/18
Received mine, however the crown doesn't 'lock'

I've only owned Rolex's and AP, but the crown on my 5296G doesn't come out as wide as them as when I go to secure the crown in, it keeps turning and won't lock.

Is this normal for this model?