• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava is out

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Considering all comments, I think it is misaligned by a fraction of a mm. I will get it still, and if unacceptable, will post it for sale at some further point in time :)

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Considering all comments, I think it is misaligned by a fraction of a mm. I will get it still, and if unacceptable, will post it for sale at some further point in time :)

Any decent modder can realign markers for cheap.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
How is the strap? Recommend getting another one?

It's okay - it's nice at the top, thin where the clasp is. Regardless I opted to skip the RG for now and just order a brown strap from ZF. The quick deploy makes this an easy strap to switch out and wear with my navy/brown shoe outfits.

My CHNR is filling the void in my collection for a rose gold watch. I have too many other projects on the table right now.

Os-92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/18
Where can I get the deployant I couldn’t find it ? Mine is in rose gold

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
He meant quick-release feature on the spring-bar (connecting the strap to the lugs). It only comes with a regular buckle, not a deployant clasp.

Reactions: Socialallure90

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
They are really close. Also, if anyone ever asked (and I know they wouldnt) I would simply say "It's a handmade watch. These kinds of variances give it unique character."

Very true haha. "The misaligned is where the true quality really rised" lol

Reactions: Jaqueslepro

Os-92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/18
They are really close. Also, if anyone ever asked (and I know they wouldnt) I would simply say "It's a handmade watch. These kinds of variances give it unique character."

Is what your saying really legit ? Cuz I have watched a couple of calatravas where the 12 o’clock markers seem a tiny bit crooked , I thought it’s maybe the angle that I was looking at but I was almost certain it’s a tinge crooked

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
After much vacillation I have finally placed my order, rose gold of course (apart from anything else I already have a white metal 5107 and 5227, adding another white metal Calatrava would be a bit much)!

DC

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
After much vacillation I have finally placed my order, rose gold of course (apart from anything else I already have a white metal 5107 and 5227, adding another white metal Calatrava would be a bit much)!

DC

Is there a decent 5107 out there, or are you referring to Gen?

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Is what your saying really legit ? Cuz I have watched a couple of calatravas where the 12 o’clock markers seem a tiny bit crooked , I thought it’s maybe the angle that I was looking at but I was almost certain it’s a tinge crooked

Yeah, what will really blow you away is when you see a gen Patek whose date wheel is a slightly uncentered or a marker is off. Its not common, but it happens. And yeah, unlike Rolex, Pateks have a lot more hand made parts of the process.

And yes, not a single normie has ever commented on any of my watches, but that is exactly what I am going to tell them and it will work.

Part of pulling off these reps is 1) confidence 2) if your actual lifestyle supports wearing a $20K+ watch.

Old timers here might tell you never to try and "fool" people and be "honest" about reps, but I'm going to straight up tell you, some of these reps and frankens are so damn good that buying the gen makes zero sense. Unless you have to have the gen of course.

GadoDayek157

Horology Curious
19/1/11

DC

Hey DC, what Patek do u usually wear time to time? Since u owned so many pateks lol, which one/ones do u adore and wear the most?

couvreur

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/6/12
Is there a decent 5107 out there, or are you referring to Gen?

There has been one, very small production, that was decent. Quality was good, the only negative was thickness....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk