• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava is out

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
I want to get this watch but I'm a little offput by the fact that you can see the bottom of the next date in the date wheel... seems like an obvious tell

edit: never mind, did some searching and it appears gen has the same issue. how funny

Reactions: vcappp

Rina1988

Known Member
21/7/16
I want to get this watch but I'm a little offput by the fact that you can see the bottom of the next date in the date wheel... seems like an obvious tell

edit: never mind, did some searching and it appears gen has the same issue. how funny

Gen has the same issue? are you sure?

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
Gen has the same issue? are you sure?

I think I saw some too.
The pic below is minor one.
Not sure if it when date was about to change
c5b7ffbf322cc5cdb85c30ea710f579d.jpg

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
As beautiful as this looks, I think my jlc mut moon has filled the dresswatch void in my collection.

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
As beautiful as this looks, I think my jlc mut moon has filled the dresswatch void in my collection.

I’m starting to feel the same after watching this thread closely since beginning. However, doesn’t hurt to have another dress watch in a collection? I own 2 sports watches and 1 dress watch (JLC UT-MP) which I just stuck a grey ziczac strap on and want to have either a black or brown strap on this PP to make my rotations a bit more diverse.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
I’m starting to feel the same after watching this thread closely since beginning. However, doesn’t hurt to have another dress watch in a collection? I own 2 sports watches and 1 dress watch (JLC UT-MP) which I just stuck a grey ziczac strap on and want to have either a black or brown strap on this PP to make my rotations a bit more diverse.

Yeah I’d get the rose gold for diversity as you mention. I don’t wear my JLC very frequently as it is though

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
A beautiful watch, the gold one more so. Thanks for the OP and other commentators. I will get a RG one. The simplicity makes it look like a $30 watch, while the gen is ~30K.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Quick questions about the Camille Fournet straps: How do we customize the order, so the straps include the quick release notch in the strap? Do we have to request it from the dealer, or does it come stock on any strap orders?

Any clarification on this point would be immensely appreciated. I checked a few threads, and I couldn't find a clear answer.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Quick questions about the Camille Fournet straps: How do we customize the order, so the straps include the quick release notch in the strap? Do we have to request it from the dealer, or does it come stock on any strap orders?

Any clarification on this point would be immensely appreciated. I checked a few threads, and I couldn't find a clear answer.

The TDs don't carry these straps, you'll probably have to order from the Camille Fournet company directly or their authorized dealer(s). Check out their website for more information.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
The TDs don't carry these straps, you'll probably have to order from the Camille Fournet company directly or their authorized dealer(s). Check out their website for more information.

Thank you for this. I apologize for the confusion; I was referring to the Camille Fournet website.

In short, how do we ensure that the CF straps have the easy release option embedded in the strap? Based on the photos, it does not appear clear the option comes stock on the straps unless requested. But, I can't find the option on the straps other than attempting to customize the entire thing from scratch (which does not seem correct).

Thank you again for responding.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Thank you for this. I apologize for the confusion; I was referring to the Camille Fournet website.

In short, how do we ensure that the CF straps have the easy release option embedded in the strap? Based on the photos, it does not appear clear the option comes stock on the straps unless requested. But, I can't find the option on the straps other than attempting to customize the entire thing from scratch (which does not seem correct).

Thank you again for responding.

write them an email - easy as that.

euro1955

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/15
On one of the Camille Fournet order pages after you have selected the strap type, width, length, and type of buckle or no buckle, there is an additional information box that you check to include additional information. You can specify quick release feature for strap and the type of watch as well.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
On one of the Camille Fournet order pages after you have selected the strap type, width, length, and type of buckle or no buckle, there is an additional information box that you check to include additional information. You can specify quick release feature for strap and the type of watch as well.

Thank you for this.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
I'm going to try just cutting open the zic-zac strap I ordered to make a DIY quick-release feature. Obviously wouldn't do this if it was a $300 CF strap!

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
One thing with Camille Fournet straps, ensure they can legally ship to your country. I know they wouldn't ship to Canada due to some stupid restriction locally.

Akonoypi

Known Member
13/12/18
Nice looking and classy, too. I just put one Ivory dial on Brown leather on my wishlist on one of the TD's.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Well, I ordered one and got the QC pics. The markers at 12 seem to be mis-aligned. The right one seems to be a little higher than the left. And the date seems left justified.

YVjm0.jpg

The TD says it is the angle/reflection. They sent me some more photos. What would you guys think? Many thanks for for your inputs in advance.

YZerh.jpg

YZ0ns.jpg

YZxfD.jpg

Reactions: Princey73