• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava is out

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Next year is like 15 days away..

I know, that's why I wrote it hehe :)

If V6F is working on clone movement, and ZF separately, next year can be the year we have a rep that comes close to NWBIG for Nautilus.

Tbh, even if ZF pull out a great effort like they did for Aquanaut, I don't think any Nautilus rep will ever be NWBIG in my own books. I was lucky enough to physically put one on today and look at the movement on the flipside...we will most likely get something very close but the watch itself is just in another world, even if others might brand whatever is thrown out into production as NWBIG. For me, the Nautilus is more than just the watch, it's actually all about the movement. I saw a comparison between an Omega and Patek movement recently online and it was just amazing.

Would I still buy a good/decent Nautilus rep though? Absolutely lol.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18

Tbh, even if ZF pull out a great effort like they did for Aquanaut, I don't think any Nautilus rep will ever be NWBIG in my own books. I was lucky enough to physically put one on today and look at the movement on the flipside...we will most likely get something very close but the watch itself is just in another world, even if others might brand whatever is thrown out into production as NWBIG. For me, the Nautilus is more than just the watch, it's actually all about the movement. I saw a comparison between an Omega and Patek movement recently online and it was just amazing.

Would I still buy a good/decent Nautilus rep though? Absolutely lol.

I figured as such. What about the bracelet, case, and dial? Do you believe the rep game is getting closer to replicate those aspects of the watch?

I would also be curious to know which Nautilus 5711, in your opinion, is the best rep right now. Thank you for your input, by the way.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
ZF 5296G replica Dec2018 release
38mm x 9.4mm
8d0f115b85f4663a019f220c34d76fa3.jpg

429b75fdc37165b50597057c1520d833.jpg

Genuine Patek 5296G
38mm x 8.43mm
(Patek Official website)
fa784280e4d328b7346bb64931eb9dbc.jpg

Genuine Patek 5296G
38mm x 8.6mm
(dealer pre-owned Genuine watches)
e23943a457d433463ab454e828b54cdc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it seems like the Genuine Patek 5286G case height without crystal is 8.43mm and the thickness with crystal is 8.6mm.

ZF 5286G replica thickness with crystal is 9.4mm.

It is about 10% thicker than the genuine one.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
I've ordered both the SS and RG. Very excited about these. Will get some straps from ZicZac

Edit - can anyone tell me what size the buckle is, i.e. what strap size to choose? 21mm tapering down to 16mm?

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
it seems like the Genuine Patek 5286G case height without crystal is 8.43mm and the thickness with crystal is 8.6mm.

Then the ZF is too thick IMO, just like most other rep PP models.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18

*typo correction: I meant 5296G, not 5286G.

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
here is my g qc pic.
I am concerning about 9.9s/day.
Is that ok?
Others look good to my eye...
iEX06.jpg

iEHdq.jpg

iE350.jpg

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
That is totally fine. It's not a gen after all.

Also I believe the answer to my earlier question is that the buckle is 16mm across, so you need a 21mm tapering to 16mm strap.

Reactions: d3xophen

Os-92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/18
Is the rose gold by zf spot on like the authentic or no clue ?

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
May I kindly ask the ones who received it to give me the measurements details of the strap? what is the width of the strap at lug and buckle or the rep? very precise please as I want to order a Camille Fournet strap.

Reactions: d3xophen

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
May I kindly ask the ones who received it to give me the measurements details of the strap? what is the width of the strap at lug and buckle or the rep? very precise please as I want to order a Camille Fournet strap.

Are you going for the white gold or rose gold, and what color strap for each? I’d be curious to know.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13

For me, the Nautilus is more than just the watch, it's actually all about the movement. I saw a comparison between an Omega and Patek movement recently online and it was just amazing.

All this awesomeness you talking about I’ve never seen or experienced and I had the gen. The 324 sc is the most simple movement patek makes. Having just one complication (date) only thickness makes it stand from others. But when you say thin movement, vacheron is another level....

Ps: I might not felt the “special” because in 2014 it was quoted less than retail :D damn you rich Chinese!

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
All this awesomeness you talking about I’ve never seen or experienced and I had the gen. The 324 sc is the most simple movement patek makes. Having just one complication (date) only thickness makes it stand from others. But when you say thin movement, vacheron is another level....

Ps: I might not felt the “special” because in 2014 it was quoted less than retail :D damn you rich Chinese!

Man, I bet a lot of us feel that way, I was offered an AP 15202 with a blue dial a bit under retail around two years ago maybe a few months more, they where almost trying to force feed it to me, SMH now not a single AP store I've been to had one on Display lol

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit

If I can find the video, hopefully it’ll help a little. I never said thin movement though :) I just really admire the craftsmanship and the little details/going the extra mile on the movement and all the intricate parts that other producers would perhaps pass on or stop short at. Congrats on having had the gen though! Wonder what their recent obsession with PP’s are ?

Reactions: drmckenn

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
If I can find the video, hopefully it’ll help a little. I never said thin movement though :) I just really admire the craftsmanship and the little details/going the extra mile on the movement and all the intricate parts that other producers would perhaps pass on or stop short at. Congrats on having had the gen though! Wonder what their recent obsession with PP’s are ?

i sold the blue dial for 21K, back than new nautilus was 24,5K new from patek, wait line was 1-2 year. Now why the hype was discussed before and i do agree with what said wich ill quote:

''Chinese rich guys always wanted rolex also because price gap between daytona and Nautilus was double price. Now that daytona comes on gray for close to what patek retails (27,4K) so rich asian guys prefer to drop 7-8k more and go to the next level PATEK!

now this also hyped patek price on gray market and sent waiting list to decade!

Reactions: cyrus900 and vcappp