• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava is out

Os-92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/18
Can’t wait for the 5296 G review. Waiting for the rose gold once it gets out but want to check a review first

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
How easy would it be to make a Franken Calatrava (aside from rarity of parts)? I’ve seen a few gen dials online for sale and am thinking about my next project. Thanks for any pointers (search bar didn’t really return anything other than a dude who sold a Franken 5167).

osiris101

12/5/18
would this be considered a super rep besides the decorated movement?

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
would this be considered a super rep besides the decorated movement?

A super rep afaik can never be classed with an open case back, even if it’s an officer’s case back where it can be flipped open. I would say defo NWBIG but don’t let the status of whatever it gets classed as deter you though :) this defo looks NWBIG to my eyes although the beauty of a PP movement is another thing altogether!

Reactions: ssouthall6

osiris101

12/5/18
A super rep afaik can never be classed with an open case back, even if it’s an officer’s case back where it can be flipped open. I would say defo NWBIG but don’t let the status of whatever it gets classed as deter you though :) this defo looks NWBIG to my eyes although the beauty of a PP movement is another thing altogether!

I really want this, but waiting to see some QC's first. Not sure how 'left' the alignment of the DWO is in general.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Richard Million

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/12/18
How easy would it be to make a Franken Calatrava (aside from rarity of parts)? I’ve seen a few gen dials online for sale and am thinking about my next project. Thanks for any pointers (search bar didn’t really return anything other than a dude who sold a Franken 5167).

I'd like to know this too, for the same reason. If the dial is spot on though, no need I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Does anyone know when they would release the gold plated model of it ?

yes they would release the gold plated model, for your reference:
IMG-6039.jpg

IMG-6040.jpg

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Can this be a superrep?

Sent from the RWI App

Generally, any open case back rep doesn't consider a superrep except the watch has the same movement+decoration like the genuine model.
However, if you don't take off the watch, the quality and the appearance of the watch is superb and really close to the real thing.

Reactions: Yinginbo and vcappp

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Great thread, thank you for sharing, looking forward to seeing this rep on your wrists..

I’m waiting for a black dial.

for the record, the CALATRAVA 5296 doesn't come with black dial, only the ivory/light salmon dial, for the white gold and the rose gold.. no black dial. but who knows in the future from PP, they might release it with black dial, just like how they did with the 5227G reference.

osiris101

12/5/18
Anybody received QC yet? A user posted on reddit but haven't seen on here.