• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus 5711 BP RG wrapped

J.Gotti

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/18
Hi guys,

Could anyone share his experience with the 5711 model from BP in wrapped RG?

I wonder if the wrapped one has the same
Problem as the plated models. In the inside bracelet where the buckle rubs against it and after a while of using steal shows.

How is the thickness? Do anyone measured it? I read that i should be around 9,5mm.

If somebody could share pictures would be great.

Thanks!

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
The main thing to look out for in this Rep is the Brown Dial. Since the demand for the watch is low, Rep makers don’t put in too much effort into improving its 1:1ness, hence making it a No buy for me. Else it’s the best All Gold/All Rose Gold Watch ever.

Reactions: vcappp

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
I have it. The brown is a bit red shaded to resemble burgundy and its a bit thicker than PF, but I like it and it was well worth it to me for the $1300 I dropped

J.Gotti

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/18
Anyone who could share pic? And do anyone know if there is a wait difference between the wrapped version and the plated one

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
The main thing to look out for in this Rep is the Brown Dial. Since the demand for the watch is low, Rep makers don’t put in too much effort into improving its 1:1ness, hence making it a No buy for me. Else it’s the best All Gold/All Rose Gold Watch ever.

gen dial isn't too expensive considering how its a $60k+ watch, would be worth doing a franken

Reactions: corleone911

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Good option. It would be possible to thin down the case as well.

I forget exactly but I think gen thickness is like 8.8mm and pf makes theres 8.9mm. Not that much of a difference in thickness and you wouldnt be able to tell on the wrist anyways.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
That’s true mate but I meant on the BP wrapped version. The thickness is 9,5mm

I'm not sure you'd be able to thin a wrapped gold part without leaving bad traces of visible steel

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
This is it. They do a trick with the date window and make the frame larger so the font is actually smaller. It fills out the frame, so no one is the wiser. Its a bit thicker than gen and the dial is a bit more maroon. But all in all, a great rep. You wont get "called out." It absolutely has the deep rose gold look to it and being wrapped, should be much more durable than a flash plate.

I love it. Might switch the dial and datewheel someday. Not in a big rush tho.

20180424-191931.jpg

20180418-161320.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: corleone911

corleone911

6/11/17
This is it. They do a trick with the date window and make the frame larger so the font is actually smaller. It fills out the frame, so no one is the wiser. Its a bit thicker than gen and the dial is a bit more maroon. But all in all, a great rep. You wont get "called out." It absolutely has the deep rose gold look to it and being wrapped, should be much more durable than a flash plate.

I love it. Might switch the dial and datewheel someday. Not in a big rush tho.

20180424-191931.jpg

20180418-161320.jpg

Thank you very much for sharing your experience

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
It is a fairly accurate color match to gen RG with the BP wrapped plating, but be careful removing the crystal from the BP wrapped gold models, as they are glued in, and the plating can lift off of the SS base. I had to have this bezel professional re-wrapped (cost about $100) after this happened while removing the crystal:
VVFZDe.md.jpg

Also the hands and markers can have scratches and pits in the plating.

I have seen some fairly scratched up BP RG wrapped models. You can lightly rebrush these watches 2 times before the plating wears out and you see the SS base underneath.

Last edited:

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
It is a fairly accurate color match to gen RG with the BP wrapped plating, but be careful removing the crystal from the BP wrapped gold models, as they are glued in, and the plating can lift off of the SS base. I had to have this bezel professional re-wrapped (cost about $100) after this happened while removing the crystal:

Also the hands and markers can have scratches and pits in the plating.

I have seen some fairly scratched up BP RG wrapped models. You can lightly rebrush these watches 2 times before the plating wears out and you see the SS base underneath.

I dont think gold plated or even wrapped should be daily wear. I keep mine for dressup special occasion :)