• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek philippe nautilus MK v5 short pictorial review

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
This is probably a stupid question...but how do you remove the links on the nautilus? I got mine in the mail yesterday and can't figure out how the pins come out? I've also noticed the bracelet is a little sharp and has caught a few hairs at times. Any thoughts on preventing that? Have you run into that issue at all?

Nautilus bracelets, regardless of maker, are notoriously a hair removal machine

Blackcalf

Known Member
5/6/17
Madrid
I bought V5 blue for a friend of mine, telling him that it's the best version. And he tells me that the colour of dial has a lot of brightness, gen is more Matt. Have you noticed that?

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2S mediante Tapatalk

mrsmith1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/18
I bought V5 blue for a friend of mine, telling him that it's the best version. And he tells me that the colour of dial has a lot of brightness, gen is more Matt. Have you noticed that?

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2S mediante Tapatalk

I think the same thing applies to Aquanaut. To get a GEN watch to compare with wouldn't be easy

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
Gen nautilus is available in like 6 shades of blue. I have no clue if this one matches any of those but as some said it does match a version

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Here is a tip for everyone who's wrist size is in between the size of 1 link. Meaning that adding 1 link makes is way too big and removing 1 link makes is very very tight on the wrist.

Add a piece of leather on the inside of the bracelet on both sides at the clasp area on both bracelet sides

I have the same issue with my wrist size. I noticed when the temperature is bit warmer it fits snug enough but on colder temperature its enough to slide up and down on my wrist. What do you use to hold the leather on the bracelet?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
It’s arrived, I’m impressed. Finish is great the dial is really nice pics can’t capture it especially in this light!

Will take some daylight pics

84e9fff0457464bd4ec425c12df48bf0.jpg
18c06076f207713aa3b8f6ac3ee2a53f.jpg
cb9c9a8ec2b33b0289bf7f6dc79c4ec2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
It’s arrived, I’m impressed. Finish is great the dial is really nice pics can’t capture it especially in this light!

Very nice! Please keep us posted.

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Logixa I took your advice and added two pieces of leather strips on both sides of the bracelet :D. Since I was concerned about the adhesive leaving residue if I decide to remove it, I decided to use felt strips as I thought the glue would be less harsh and glued the leather strips on top of it for comfort. It doesn't look noticeable when you're wearing it, but if your wrist size is in between one link size then this def. will do the trick.

l8Ncs.jpg

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14

Congrats! I've been wearing mine every chance I get ever since I got it.

johnlia

Renowned Member
23/1/17
Logixa I took your advice and added two pieces of leather strips on both sides of the bracelet :D. Since I was concerned about the adhesive leaving residue if I decide to remove it, I decided to use felt strips as I thought the glue would be less harsh and glued the leather strips on top of it for comfort. It doesn't look noticeable when you're wearing it, but if your wrist size is in between one link size then this def. will do the trick.

l8Ncs.jpg

just gain weight lmao!

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
About to pull the trigger.. it has been a great read so far. Thanks OP and other for their well informed photos.

Garytoal

Looking Around
28/7/13
I am new here and considering ordering one of these. I have noticed a slight diference between this pic on pg2 and the the other pic on page
IMG-20181109-061539.jpg

and this pic on page 1. The weight has 3 screws in top pic versus 1 screw in pic below. Which is the correct version for MF V5?

IMG-20181108-132825.jpg

Many Thanks