• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek philippe nautilus MK v5 short pictorial review

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
1 more tip from me. If the bracelet is either too tight and leaves a mark on your wrist, or too loose and wobbles around on your wrist:

Add a piece of leather in the clasp. Nobody will see if but your wrist will feel the comfort and so will you. Use double sided adhesive on the clasp bars and add the piece of leather on top of that. If you match the leather color close to your own skin color then it's even less noticeable

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
JDM180 i greased my gaskets too but have not tested it by swimming tho. There is a gasket under the caseback, in the crown tube and in the crown like the rep rolex

Thanks , Just added one to a current order !

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Logixa

Can you verify that "Geneve" and "isochronism" is spelled correctly on the movement? Thank you.

rcom440

What are your thoughts on the pics?

looks great! The only small flaw is date font. I thought bracelet would be more flexible but that can change with wear.. I actually think it may become more flexible with time.
color of the dial is good. It doesn’t mimic newest grayish Nautilus dial but previous gen version.
houer markets look great and straight.
Printing is crisp. Overall great rep! But I need to take another look at those pics :)

Reactions: phdsjain

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Next week I'll get my usb microscope in with approx 200x zoom in for my watchmaking. I'll make some super detailed pictures by the of all parts

Looking forward to see those pics, and thanks for verifying that "Geneve" and "isochronism" was spelled correctly on the movement which was a major concern. If you can, please include a calendar window display of any date between 11-19 and 30 or 31, when you do post more pics next week. Your pictures have been most helpful. Thanks again.

Last edited:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Yeah, it looks a lot like the BP v4 date disc. Great 1-19 and 31, but 20-30 are bad.

The dial is superb... but I am still leaning towards PF being the best choice with date mod.

Reactions: Nivka

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Yeah, it looks a lot like the BP v4 date disc. Great 1-19 and 31, but 20-30 are bad.

The dial is superb... but I am still leaning towards PF being the best choice with date mod.

It is unfortunate that the BINONE/SpongeBob DWO is not compatible with MKF Nautilus V5. However there is still some hope, that is if customclout decides to make a DWO specifically for the MKF Nautilus V5. As far as the greenish markers and hands, a relume would be necessary.

All these modifications to improve the PF or MKF, will cost more than what some people are willing to pay.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Thanks for all The pics, it’s really nice. This is currently out of stock with the factory not sure how long I’m Going to have to wait for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk