• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek philippe nautilus MK v5 short pictorial review

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
Here it is guys, the mk v5 and a small review.

​​​​​​- bracelet is a little bit stiffer than expected. I think its a bit stiffer than a PF but it wraps good around the wrist. A little bit of forced bending of the bracelet makes is even more flexible. My wrist is 5.9inch
- can't say anything about the color of the lume. It seems green but it is so damn bright that in the room that I am, is already showing its lume. Tomorrow I will post a Pic after having a night in the dark to see if the lume is white or greenish
- finishing is very good
- clasp is good, not as stiff as some models like the u1 where it breaks your nails trying to open it
- pins are push pins, not split pins. Good quality
- movement looks good
- build quality seems good on first sight and feel
- crown is screw in
- dial has a good color, don't know if it's like any Gen. Never seen Gen in persobb
- rotor is noisy as fuck, common Miyota problem. I solved it by adding grease in the ball bearings called molykote dx and while I was at it I greased all gaskets with silicone

Overal conclusion: bloody good!

​​​​​​

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Looks good mate - congrats! Keep us updated on the lume

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
So, all in all, are you happy with the watch and do you believe its better than prior versions? Would you argue that it's the best Nautilus out there?

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
Its hard, if not impossible, to say that it is better than previous versions since I have only held the U1 and a 3800 mid size in my hands.

Judging just by what I did have in my hands, this is the best one so far.

Midnightx

17/3/17
Looks sick, for some reason pt apparently doesn't have it in stock yet though so i'm still waiting on qc!

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Its hard, if not impossible, to say that it is better than previous versions since I have only held the U1 and a 3800 mid size in my hands.

Judging just by what I did have in my hands, this is the best one so far.

Thank you, brother. This is helpful. I think I might pull the trigger on this.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Oh, also, very good to hear about the clasp. It was an absolute PAIN to open the prior version. You literally had to pry it open, and the motion was stiff. Would you say you're able to open the new clasp without much difficulty?

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
MK has always been one the best factories for the 5711.. it's a great rep, and paying so much attention to details. my only issue is the date wheel on that one a bit too thin, but on the wrost this would never get noticed.. congrats to the ones that got it.. enjoy it in good health.

Sukkies

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/18
Logixa Thanks for posting the pics my dude, I guess mine arent so urgent now :p but I am with you all the way on the comments and quality, truly an epic watch. MKF did themselves proud.

duba

19/11/14
Do you think the bracelet is long enough to fit 7.5” wrist? Thank you.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Looks awesome never really been into Patek but this might be enough to tempt me over

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
How is water resistance on these reps ? Coming from Rolex greasing the caseback and crown gaskets normally let them go for a swim is it the same here ?