• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MKF date wheel project

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Well... it’s a zf dw... normally they wouldn’t sell it to you but my god money talks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news! Hope to see it installed and fitting soon.

Which watch will be the lucky one?

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
Great news! Hope to see it installed and fitting soon.

Which watch will be the lucky one?

It’s going to be mkf v6 white dial:) but don’t know if this can fit 5711

Keylog74

14/6/13
Will do man

This is interesting to see, Zf uses a dw not an overlay. Did you buy this knowing it will fit the mkf or just an experiment?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
This is interesting to see, Zf uses a dw not an overlay. Did you buy this knowing it will fit the mkf or just an experiment?

I'm assuming its an experiment, as he stated he was unsure if it would fit his MKF Nautilus V6. If it works, great for him, however for others wanting to do the same, sourcing the date wheel (DW) from ZF may face a shortage or non availability from ZF.

A proper DWO or DW for the MKF Nautilus is still possible, we still need the properly measured dimensions submitted that is required to go forward. Any volunteers with this information would be most welcomed.

Glaude Can you help out or offer any suggestions?

BIONONE As far as the measurements, does the watch have to be fully disassembled prior to measurement or a measurement with only the crystal removed will suffice?

Thanks.

Last edited:

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
I'm assuming its an experiment, as he stated he was unsure if it would fit his MKF Nautilus V6. If it works, great for him, however for others wanting to do the same, sourcing the date wheel (DW) from ZF may face a shortage or non availability from ZF.

A proper DWO or DW for the MKF Nautilus is still possible, we still need the properly measured dimensions submitted that is required to go forward. Any volunteers with this information would be most welcomed.

Exactly. It’s really unknown. Wish me luck guys!

BIONONE

28/4/17
As far as the measurements, does the watch have to be fully disassembled prior to measurement or a measurement with only the crystal removed will suffice?

risk of damaging the hands is too big if you simply measure while everything except the bezel/crystal is assembled. You have to know the diameter of the pinion cut out to get the correct distance between DW cut out and the middle of the dial. Could be also possible just to measure the whole dial diameter and then the distance between the outer border.

All in all it should be easier if you have the dial alone.

Reactions: vcappp and gilrob

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
risk of damaging the hands is too big if you simply measure while everything except the bezel/crystal is assembled. You have to know the diameter of the pinion cut out to get the correct distance between DW cut out and the middle of the dial. Could be also possible just to measure the whole dial diameter and then the distance between the outer border.

All in all it should be easier if you have the dial alone.

Thank you.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Unsure. I am talking to Spongebob and he was talking to me about how they might have a good version of the JJF DWO done now.

Keylog is the one that works together with Spongebob on the JJF DWO

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Exactly. It’s really unknown. Wish me luck guys!

We need your help and assistance. While you're installing the ZF date wheel and come to a point where you have the dial off by itself, can you measure the dimensions required as outlined by Keylog74 and BIONONE ? This would provide more precise data to continue the MKF date overlay project. It would be interesting to know what MKF uses, a date wheel or date overlay.

I do hope that your plan with the ZF date wheel works out with your MKF V6, as this would give us an alternative plan to consider.

Thanks.

Reactions: vcappp

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
We need your help and assistance. While you're installing the ZF date wheel and come to a point where you have the dial off by itself, can you measure the dimensions required as outlined by Keylog74 and BIONONE ? This would provide more precise data to continue the MKF date overlay project. It would be interesting to know what MKF uses, a date wheel or date overlay.

I do hope that your plan with the ZF date wheel works out with your MKF V6, as this would give us an alternative plan to consider.

Thanks.

I’ll try to. But the person who’s going to do this mod is a Chinese watchsmith that works with Kobe. I’ll try to explain this to him and see if he’s comfortable doing it.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I’ll try to. But the person who’s going to do this mod is a Chinese watchsmith that works with Kobe. I’ll try to explain this to him and see if he’s comfortable doing it.

Thank you. Maybe kobe24 can be of assistance.

Last edited:

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
Hi guys just want to update you guys. I gave up... looked at a mkf example and the dial as shitty af. Gonna have Zf aquanaut instead:(