• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut Showdown: V6F vs ZF vs KMF exhaustive review

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
VIhXf8.jpg

received mine and love it, i wear it even more then my sub 116610ln now.
Im having a project on it. where i will move down both the 5 and 7 numeral markers and move it in a bit to the inside of the dial=>> to cover the flaws that the line running past the 5. Maybe i will just move 1mm downwards and 1mm inwards would be enough to fix it.
I accidentally cut the strap too tight but still acceptable.
if anybody purchase a gen strap then i would be very happy to purchase yours. i have a very small wrist 6.3in.

speedalt

Horology Curious
4/8/18
Hi all,

where do you guys get your KMF 5167 from? I usually buy from Puretime but have been having issues with using my credit card there (transaction keeps failing and I have tried over 20 times)... I checked Intime and it seems like they do not carry the KMF version.

many thanks for your inputs on this!

baia64

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/16
Italia
Hi all,

where do you guys get your KMF 5167 from? I usually buy from Puretime but have been having issues with using my credit card there (transaction keeps failing and I have tried over 20 times)... I checked Intime and it seems like they do not carry the KMF version.

many thanks for your inputs on this!

Supermirrors

erudite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
Are KMF and ZF considered to be fairly on par with each other?

BTW I'm looking to buy a KMF or ZF Aquanaut. If anyone has one available for sale, please PM me.

Last edited:

pip72

21/2/19
I am looking for blue KMF dial with the Swiss Made marker at the 6 o'clock position.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I am looking for blue KMF dial with the Swiss Made marker at the 6 o'clock position.

Then buy one from the TD of your choice?

pip72

21/2/19
I have the PF version how does it compare to the KMF? Any dealers you recommend to purchase the KMF version? The think that really bugs me about the PF version is the "Swiss Made" is missing from the bottom of the dial.

Akra

11/1/17
I have the PF version how does it compare to the KMF? Any dealers you recommend to purchase the KMF version? The think that really bugs me about the PF version is the "Swiss Made" is missing from the bottom of the dial.

Why does the SwissMade bother you? I'd be more bothered by the PF's datewheel, or did you have the custom DW installed?

Reactions: pip72

pip72

21/2/19
Why does the SwissMade bother you? I'd be more bothered by the PF's datewheel, or did you have the custom DW installed?

Ha I guess I have OCD, I am not sure what's the different on the PF's Datewheel compared to others?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
If you had OCD you would see how the PF datewheel is bad, that's what people here who say they have OCD mean. The PF datewheel has a font that is too small and does not fill the datewindow

Reactions: pip72

pip72

21/2/19
If you had OCD you would see how the PF datewheel is bad, that's what people here who say they have OCD mean. The PF datewheel has a font that is too small and does not fill the datewindow

Thanks, I am going to buy a new ZF Keylog / Spongebob DWO datewheel and dial from puretime make and franken patek.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks, I am going to buy a new ZF Keylog / Spongebob DWO datewheel and dial from puretime make and franken patek.

if that's the way you want to go then make sure the DW you buy works for the dial you'll get. They are all very specific.

And for your information this will not be a franken, as a franken is a mix with gen parts. This will just be a modded rep