• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut Showdown: V6F vs ZF vs KMF exhaustive review

Kpalooza

25/5/12
I just recieved my zf aquanaut 2 days ago and I love it. i got lucky and got a centered datewheel on the first try. you can always check everything with the qc pictures and if you think the date is off you can reject and try your luck with a different one. Alot of people really like the KMF with the datewheel mod but i was ok with the zf and the only thing I can complain about is the noisy rotor. as far as the zf aquanauts go there is black and blue for the colors. only one shade of black, no gray

Thank you!! I will probably go with the ZF then. Thanks!!!

Reactions: BlackJaguar

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16

Most of the watch looks bad to me compared to both KMF and ZF:

- Thicker than others (therefore case is bad)
- Movement is bad - JJF plates the movement backwards to the balance wheel because the cal. 324 has its balance wheel opposite the sirection of the Miyota. It looks so bad to me.
- Seconds hand looks thick to me
- Date font is terrible
- Dial doesn't look too bad (gray version only). It might be worth someone getting a spare dial and seeing how it looks compared to ZF. The lume bubbles are the hours don't look as 'bubbly' as gen to my eyes. The still have a rounded look to them which is better than the 'sticker' look that V6F has, but we will see once other TDs get it.

So, in all - the dial might be passable but the pics we have available are so overexposed it's hard to judge.

It's a 'do not buy' from me.

EDIT: TS Station has macro pics up - lume markers on the hours are pretty crappy. The whole watch including components is a
'DO NOT BUY'

Last edited:

mimicry

11/3/17
how does the lume on these stack up against the original
Is it something that has to be redone?

PeanutsUK

Horology Curious
6/2/19
This is an amazing review. Thank you for doing this. It's really good to see different factories/versions side-by-side like this.

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Love the comparison. Gonna buy the zf. Hơ would you think about the blue zf???

Blingo

Renowned Member
30/9/18
Turkey
f6263488f9a11321eb9dcb6bd534dc2f.jpg

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

cptTimpi

Horology Curious
6/11/17
Is there a difference in the dail quality between the black and the grey KMF?