• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut Showdown: V6F vs ZF vs KMF exhaustive review

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I don't think ZF makes the blue aquanaut at the moment so kmf is definitely your best bet for that right now, although i believe that the blue in gen is platinum so if weight is any sort of deciding factor for you with reps i would stick with the gray.

Blue in gen is white gold and 42mm therefore KMF blue rep is a fantasy model

Reactions: vcappp

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
So, final conclusion: If you were to pick one of the two as the closest to the gen, do you go with the ZF or KMF?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
So, final conclusion: If you were to pick one of the two as the closest to the gen, do you go with the ZF or KMF?

Conclusions:
  • OOTB Winner: ZF
  • Best Possible:
    • KMF case, clasp, dial (if it has copper tones in sunlight and a fine sunburst)
    • ZF hands, movement, DWO, clasp, dial
  • KMF will be an amazing watch if the BIONONE/Spongebob Date disc mod will fit in the watch.

Reactions: 5t3f4n and csthe

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Conclusions:
  • OOTB Winner: ZF
  • Best Possible:
    • KMF case, clasp, dial (if it has copper tones in sunlight and a fine sunburst)
    • ZF hands, movement, DWO, clasp, dial
  • KMF will be an amazing watch if the BIONONE/Spongebob Date disc mod will fit in the watch.

Thank you for this.

Slowlex

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/7/13
Is it possible to get a lume shot of these three?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

prdk-

Known Member
29/11/14
Great review thanks.

In 2016 I have already bought the Aquanaut Jumbo RG Bp-Maker V3 Best Edition Black Dial On Black Rubber Strap MIYOTA 9015 PP324CS...... What was very irritant than, was the incredible vanilla smell of the rubber strap...... And i still have it..... In a airtight plastic bag.....
So how is that with the rubber strap smell now?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Great review thanks.

In 2016 I have already bought the Aquanaut Jumbo RG Bp-Maker V3 Best Edition Black Dial On Black Rubber Strap MIYOTA 9015 PP324CS...... What was very irritant than, was the incredible vanilla smell of the rubber strap...... And i still have it..... In a airtight plastic bag.....
So how is that with the rubber strap smell now?

No need vanilla or chocolate, they working on Bracelet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
If someone has a KMF Aquanaut with the new DWO installed and is CONUS, PM me. I'd like to take some side-by-side photos with my ZF to see how different/similar the dials are in the same lighting conditions with my macro lens.

Even if you don't have the DWO installed, let me know.

Pam-am

Known Member
9/7/14
Great review and very well written! Appreciate all the effort, oh and btw I would love to buy the camera you used too! LOL

At the end of the day ZF and KMF are amazing watches, and it really depends what you hold important. Both great watches and to be honest even im still struggling to decide. haha ordered a ZF for now, but this post does make me question my decision.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Im thinking about buying both and do a mix, but will the ZF movement fit in tje KMF case?

Kpalooza

25/5/12
Can those who have bought both please share which one they liked more? I'm leaning towards the ZF but if that date wheel is justified to the left, then I'm probably going to have to go with the KMF. I can deal with the smaller DW (although I guess the dial of the ZF is just far superior so maybe I should just try and get the right ZF model??)

For those who have both, please share which you liked more? Would love to hear more input. I will be deciding this soon myself and once I buy it, I will share my pics as well.

Lastly, when I buy the ZF, there's only one colour dial to purchase, right? It's called "black," right? I think the KMF had a grey dial as well...so confusing especially when it looks more copper/brown to me. :/

michel7752

18/4/14
Switzerland
I ordered the blue KMF Aquanaut 5167. I am new to Patek watches. Apparently, the date wheel of the KMF can be improved with a Binone/SpongeBob DWO project. I also read some of the Sticky "date wheel project" thread started by Keylog74. That thread has 81 pages (!).

Therefore, if anybody has some sympathy with me: where can I buy this improved date wheel and who can do the mod in Europe?

glee79

9/3/17
There is a link somwhere in the Keylog thread that takes you to an order page.

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
Can those who have bought both please share which one they liked more? I'm leaning towards the ZF but if that date wheel is justified to the left, then I'm probably going to have to go with the KMF. I can deal with the smaller DW (although I guess the dial of the ZF is just far superior so maybe I should just try and get the right ZF model??)

For those who have both, please share which you liked more? Would love to hear more input. I will be deciding this soon myself and once I buy it, I will share my pics as well.

Lastly, when I buy the ZF, there's only one colour dial to purchase, right? It's called "black," right? I think the KMF had a grey dial as well...so confusing especially when it looks more copper/brown to me. :/

Check the first post of the thread you mentioned, I believe they have included a link there.

Gumby90701

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/10/14

I just recieved my zf aquanaut 2 days ago and I love it. i got lucky and got a centered datewheel on the first try. you can always check everything with the qc pictures and if you think the date is off you can reject and try your luck with a different one. Alot of people really like the KMF with the datewheel mod but i was ok with the zf and the only thing I can complain about is the noisy rotor. as far as the zf aquanauts go there is black and blue for the colors. only one shade of black, no gray