• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus Help, PF VS MK V5

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Doesn’t the PF have lume colour issues between the hands and dial markers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only prominent on the white dial - there’s 4 versions of gen blue dial Nautilus, I believe the PF resembles the 3rd with slightly green lume

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Only prominent on the white dial - there’s 4 versions of gen blue dial Nautilus, I believe the PF resembles the 3rd with slightly green lume

Ahh really, I thought Mech had a PF v2 blue with mismatched lume between Dial and hands.

Anyway so far this MKF looks alright. I’ve just ordered mine.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Ahh really, I thought Mech had a PF v2 blue with mismatched lume between Dial and hands.

Anyway so far this MKF looks alright. I’ve just ordered mine.

The biggest issue with the PF is crooked markers but that’s easy to get a watchsmith to remove and restick. My lume is consistent across the watch so don’t know if I got lucky or what.

The best white dial needs to have a JJF Dial in a PF case slightly shifted to fit the new date wheel. I’ll post pics when mine is done!

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
The biggest issue with the PF is crooked markers but that’s easy to get a watchsmith to remove and restick. My lume is consistent across the watch so don’t know if I got lucky or what.

The best white dial needs to have a JJF Dial in a PF case slightly shifted to fit the new date wheel. I’ll post pics when mine is done!

Sounds good, thanks for the info. I’m not really up on Patek reps. I liked the look of PF but never pulled the trigger after seeing some of the issues. This new mkf caught my interest if the v4 issues are improved on. Is it safe to assume the v4 is no longer in circulation or should I watch out for anything in my qc?

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Sounds good, thanks for the info. I’m not really up on Patek reps. I liked the look of PF but never pulled the trigger after seeing some of the issues. This new mkf caught my interest if the v4 issues are improved on. Is it safe to assume the v4 is no longer in circulation or should I watch out for anything in my qc?

The v4 was a lot thicker. Ask for caliper measurements or failing that a profile shot

Reactions: stufuse

Tobel

6/7/17

Yes please, I'd love to see in details. BTW are you also changing the hands? If I recall the PF hands are also not very well lumed. Thanks!

Eaxlol

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/9/16
Just go my QC pics! To be honest, the 12 and 9 markers are not aligned for me, maybe an illusion... Don't know if I can post it

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:
Reactions: reklamezonen

jiplet

Known Member
31/10/14
Australia
I am comparing the Asian review videos of the mk v5 and pf and looking at pictures of them on the wrist and the curvature of the bracelet.
​​​​​​
Check this out, this is my current U1 version that used to have a stiff bracelet. This is how it now sits after my mods

What do you guys think of it? Did I crack the code?

Hey good sir,

Would you please share what your method for breaking in the bracelet is??

Thanks!

Reactions: Midnightx

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
Hey good sir,

Would you please share what your method for breaking in the bracelet is??

Thanks!

hey mate,

first, sand of the innerside of the first links as shown in the red circle in the picture below:

After that, curl the braclet like you see me do in the above picture and put some force on it. Go from the top of the bracelet all the way down to the clasp and curl and force each link until satisfied with the total result. It will take a few times or so, depending on your desire.

jiplet

Known Member
31/10/14
Australia
hey mate,

first, sand of the innerside of the first links as shown in the red circle in the picture below:

After that, curl the braclet like you see me do in the above picture and put some force on it. Go from the top of the bracelet all the way down to the clasp and curl and force each link until satisfied with the total result. It will take a few times or so, depending on your desire.

Thanks! Put in my order today post your review. Will update the group with QC pictures :)

Reactions: JumpiterT

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
I think 90% have alignment issues , got my third round of QC yesterday and one of the 12 sticks are still a little slanted, I've accepted since the dealer told me he had picked the best one he could.