• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711A, I start to get it now.

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Thursday I received my new (old) BP v1 Nautilus from _DC_ (great seller btw) and I wore it straight away from the post office. Then at home I connected one additional link and it sat perfectly on my wrist.

So thin and flat. So brushed and shiny. But...

... but. It felt small, light, unimportant.

Why do people desire it so much? Scarcity and prestige or there is more?

I forced myself to wear it for three days and after one and a half days I started to really appreciate it. You find yourself looking at it every now and then. It is so light and you do not feel the need to “defend” it from walls, car pillars, ... the dial is clean and the whole package is elegant. It is just “right”. I cannot really explain but this is what I feel about it. From meh to right.

I7n1K.jpg

I7UNL.jpg

I7MLe.jpg

I7skT.jpg

I79DA.jpg

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I should've bought one three years ago, at that time the BP V1 was considered the best primarily because of its thinness. Congratulations OP.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I was like you - not really a huge fan of the Nautilus. I decided to just try one because, well, they held their value relatively well so I could flip it.

now I’m a fan of the design. Like you said, you can’t stop looking at it, you don’t feel like you have to be careful. Congrats on one of the better models out there!!

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
5 days on me. :)

Only drawback? The spinnig miyota. Damn, everytime I move suddenly I hear that "trrrrrrrrrrrrr" noise and it makes me mad.

I contacted a local watchsmith that can open it, do some cleaning, greasing and watertesting for 100 euro. Is it a fair price? Will it be quietier or there is no real solution?

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
€100 sounds expensive. You can do it yourself for much cheaper. It’s really not hard. Get a sticky ball, a decent screwdriver and some moebius oil. For €100 you should get a whole movement service

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
€100 sounds expensive. You can do it yourself for much cheaper. It’s really not hard. Get a sticky ball, a decent screwdriver and some moebius oil. For €100 you should get a whole movement service

Is it okay to oil the movement without cleaning it?

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17

I told them it is too much... so BEING ITALY :) they discounted 20€ and they won’t make any invoice.

I think 80€ for silencing the rotor, greasing the gaskets and watertesting is fair enough.

Thanks for the help

Ramils

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/18
It is a beautiful watch. Something to be said abt beauty in simplicity

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
I’ve never serviced a movement, but I’ve oiled most of the rotors on my miyotas and never cleaned any of them

I've got it back and it is noticeably quietier. Not completely silent but now it is not a "problem" anymore. It is also waterproofed (he said up to 3m-5m) so it is a nice bonus.

I am tempted to do the same on my JJF Overseas... but I may try to do it myself, is it enough tpo use silicon grase in the gap where the arrows are? I would use a toothpick.

cuzD8.jpg

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
I've got it back and it is noticeably quietier. Not completely silent but now it is not a "problem" anymore. It is also waterproofed (he said up to 3m-5m) so it is a nice bonus.

I am tempted to do the same on my JJF Overseas... but I may try to do it myself, is it enough tpo use silicon grase in the gap where the arrows are? I would use a toothpick.

cuzD8.jpg

It depends who you ask! I usually take the rotor off and oil/grease it from the other side. Some of the proper modders on the forum have said you have to use the exact oil or you run the risk of ruining the movement. Others have said silicone grease is fine

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
It depends who you ask! I usually take the rotor off and oil/grease it from the other side. Some of the proper modders on the forum have said you have to use the exact oil or you run the risk of ruining the movement. Others have said silicone grease is fine

I saw several threads like this advocating grease:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...and-oil-grease-lubricant-to-quiet-miyota-9015

It seems that being less liquid helps keeping the movement clean. But I am really not an expert.

I expect problems already in the back case removal ;)

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17

I just received the silicon grease I bought on ebay. It is really sticky and thick. I smeared a drop on my finger and it seems glue. Is this normal? I didn’t expect something so dense.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
I just received the silicon grease I bought on ebay. It is really sticky and thick. I smeared a drop on my finger and it seems glue. Is this normal? I didn’t expect something so dense.

I personally use moebius oil, but you can use silicone grease. Just a tiny tiny amount

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Ciao gigi, in my opinion that silicon grease is good for gaskets and waterproofing whereas for rotors you should really use moebius

I dont think anything wrong will happen yet it’s like eating lobster with a spoon..can be done surely..

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Thanks to both for your input, I will maybe try tomorrow to do this job... :)

It just seems strange since it is so sticky and not slippery at all.

Astajic

Known Member
23/8/18
Waiting for your results... if you can put some pics will be nice.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Rookie_71

Known Member
2/2/10
This model was my first 5711 and it’s one of the best watch I’ve ever had. In my opinion the thin Nautilus in the market

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk