• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Aquanaut Quick Comparison : Genuine Vs KM Factory & P Factory

zeroh0ur

Known Member
1/6/18
Wow that's a good comparison, and the KMF is looking better and better with its 8.4mm thickness.

Only the datewheel as usual..

Reactions: vcappp

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
I don't know how much faith I'm putting in that post, because I'm 99.999% sure that the PF is also a Miyota, not a 28xx.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Just preordered and paid for the ZF version. I'll be doing a thorough review comparing it to my V6F SW201 version Aquanaut. I also own the 42mm 5168 BP Blue Aquanaut and will be comparing with that too.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Just preordered and paid for the ZF version. I'll be doing a thorough review comparing it to my V6F SW201 version Aquanaut. I also own the 42mm 5168 BP Blue Aquanaut and will be comparing with that too.

I know I have said this many times now, but I will say it again: YOU. ARE. THE. MAN!!

Reactions: majwilliams0308

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I know I have said this many times now, but I will say it again: YOU. ARE. THE. MAN!!

Haha you are too funny. Just trying to help folks out and I was gonna purchase it anyways. The V6F SW201 is the closest thing to a Patek "super rep" to me even though it's far from it, so I am very interested to compare, and I'm sure others are as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nivka

MrChink

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
12/3/18
The lume index application on KM seems to be closer to gen too. It has some 3D effect and not the usual flat machine-stamped effect

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
The PF and KM use same movement...I have no idea why they said PF wins..

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
The PF and KM use same movement...I have no idea why they said PF wins..

The PF has custom bridges, the KMF uses standard Miyota bridges engraved with Patek markings. The PF is better although neither look anything like the real thing.

johnying

15/1/14
Guys quick question on the rubber strap for those who own one already. Do you think its worth getting a genuine strap and if so at what price? I'm seeing a few hundred in some places and only 100 in others. Obviously 100 looks to cheap but just wanted to have your opinions. Thanks

Sent from my VKY-AL00 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Luxuriouzicon

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Guys quick question on the rubber strap for those who own one already. Do you think its worth getting a genuine strap and if so at what price? I'm seeing a few hundred in some places and only 100 in others. Obviously 100 looks to cheap but just wanted to have your opinions. Thanks

My v6f rubber strap is fine. No vanilla smell whatsoever

johnying

15/1/14
Haha you knew what I was referring to. I had ordered an a2824 but am debating whether to go for one with a genuine strap which seems an ok price and c&r the new one.

poinds

17/4/17

The gen straps are like $700 vs $50 for generic on eBay. The rep straps are just fine. Just make sure you literally cut one link at a time when sizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp and gilrob

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Haha you knew what I was referring to. I had ordered an a2824 but am debating whether to go for one with a genuine strap which seems an ok price and c&r the new one.

ive never handled a gen strap, but the rep is very comfortable, looks great and doesn’t attract dust/lint etc

jsrrano

Horology Curious
11/9/18
That review was interesting. I read his review of the DJ41 REF model, and it looked like a sale brochure. He was right about details on the watch, the finishing is nice. However, the movement has been considered unreliable and the freaking date wheel takes two hours to change, starting at 10pm or so. Lame. Anyway, his priorities are different than mine.