• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KMF Aquanaut is released with 8.4 thickness

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Some decent photos of the KMF:

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=24551

Date overlay is bad as we know.
Dial numerals look to thin compared to genuine but it may be a trick of the light?

Agreed. However, I think I'm going to purchase the blue dial KMF for comparison to the ZF and my V6F. The major wind out of my sails on the MK Nautilus really makes me want to get another blue dial watch.

Hanskazan

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/8/18
Nice

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
What can’t dealers take pictures in natural light.

Those light box pictures look like shit and bare no resemblance to real life.

I mean, look at this shit picture....what is that crap around the “4”.
8cb80252110c945c15e781f64a7c67de.png

A standard iPhone will take a clearer picture than this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
There 3 different colors of KMF new version.

Black. Gray. Blue.

Between black and gray, which one is more gen like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gilrob

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I’ve just ordered the blue version of the KMF to compare with the ZF that I ordered a couple days ago and my older V6F.

Reactions: csthe and vcappp

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
I thought this as well, there is no black gen, so probably grey.

This seems to be saying there is no black gen Aquanaut - is that what you intended to say? Or are you talking about something else entirely? Because I am very confused by this reply...

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
This seems to be saying there is no black gen Aquanaut - is that what you intended to say? Or are you talking about something else entirely? Because I am very confused by this reply...

I think he means the genuine 5167a dial isn’t solid black like the KMF black dial version. It changes in the light from black to brown to grey hence the grey dial from KMF is closer to the genuine dial.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
I find that pretty confusing - the truth is the exact opposite of what is written. The gen 5167 dial is most definitely black, and PP call it black. It is matte, has a texture, and provides very colourful reflections, but it most certainly is black.

Grey? It may briefly appear greyish in certain lighting with the right reflections. But take away that reflective source, and it should be black.

Blue? Wrong watch entirely.

Reactions: Nivka

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
I find that pretty confusing - the truth is the exact opposite of what is written. The gen 5167 dial is most definitely black, and PP call it black. It is matte, has a texture, and provides very colourful reflections, but it most certainly is black.

Grey? It may briefly appear greyish in certain lighting with the right reflections. But take away that reflective source, and it should be black.

Blue? Wrong watch entirely.

Exactly. And those ‘colourful reflections’ include grey. The black dial from KMF doesn’t appear to show any grey only solid black. The grey KMF dial from the pictures looks closer to the genuine 5167 dial.

Reactions: vcappp

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
Yes, Bill understood what I meant originally. It is just a matter of technicalities. But I can see what I said can be confusing as gen is a black dial, although seems to reflect grey more often.

Reactions: vcappp

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
The difficulty is that Bill knows what the gen looks like. People that don't know the gens well are the ones that ask "which one looks more like gen". So when the answer is "there is no gen black", it could be quite confusing. There is ONLY gen black, and that black is a textured dial that sunbursts and reflects across bronze/grey/silver.

If in your opinion the KMF grey dial looks more like the gen than the KMF black dial, then it would make sense to me to say "the grey looks closest to gen".