• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KMF Aquanaut is released with 8.4 thickness

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
This is an interesing release. movement looks same as PF.

The date wheel can be fixed depending on the date window dimmension, if its the same with the bp aquanaut it will be a direct swap, or maybe same as the PF nautilus :)

Reactions: vcappp

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Rep Patek makers have been busy lately. Does anybody know that this one was in the works? Just like the ZF version, the thickness needs verification.

Reactions: Richidh

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
Rep Patek makers have been busy lately. Does anybody know that this one was in the works? Just like the ZF version, the thickness needs verification.

If the thickness is correct and the date wheel mod can fit, this is a winner IMO. Only the mythical V6f will top it... maybe

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
If the thickness is correct and the date wheel mod can fit, this is a winner IMO. Only the mythical V6f will top it... maybe

We need to see the KSF dial vs the ZF dial in different color temperature lighting conditions. That will be the true test IMO.

If ZF, with their attention to detail, can nail the brown to gray to almost black depending on lighting, and KSF cannot do the same, then we know who the winner is.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
We need to see the KSF dial vs the ZF dial in different color temperature lighting conditions. That will be the true test IMO.

If ZF, with their attention to detail, can nail the brown to gray to almost black depending on lighting, and KSF cannot do the same, then we know who the winner is.

Yes, I think this will be the key, along with some confirmation on the two thicknesses.

At a glance, it's a trade-off on which dial looks better, as the ZF has the elongated lines at the bottom of the dial, and the KMF seems to over-round the corners between the lines, giving it a bit softer look. I think I can also see a bit of the texture in the ZF dial, which I can't really make out in the KMF dial (the pics may just be too dark).

Obviously the date wheel is no comparison. But I do love that KMF have come in at a reported 8.4mm. So it'll be interesting to see some real-world measurements and further pics.

Last edited:

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
I wonder if it uses the gen-like case construction like the ZF does.

Wonder the same. I totally in love with ZF case and sometime in my mind it’s deal breaker when I consider other products now.