• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s here! AQUANAUT ZF

Accuphase

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/9/18
Mate you need to have that conversation with them, not us. Talk to them and explain your point. If you are not happy with their response you can come back here and open a support ticket.

Thanks for your information. First time get the rep. Will contact the TD.

Reactions: Tobel

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Relume by local watch smith to match C3 color and make 3D hour marker (ZF stock is too flat)

Looks awesome ! Best I have seen around... who and where is your watch smith please ? Do you have a quality lume modder based in Europe with reasonable turnaround time ? Cheers

eririn

Known Member
4/2/10
Looks awesome ! Best I have seen around... who and where is your watch smith please ? Do you have a quality lume modder based in Europe with reasonable turnaround time ? Cheers
My watch smith located in Thailand. Unfortunately I dont know lume modder in EU, sorry.

Reactions: Srider

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Hello guys, I’m new to reps and I recently have got a 5711 mkv6 that I love. My next purchase will be this 5167a from ZF because I love Patek and I love rubber straps too, but I was wondering how rubber strap feels. Is it a good quality rubber? Or does it look cheap and uncomfortable?
And what can you tell me about the DW? Is it finally centered? Thank you.

Last edited:

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Hi guys,

I accepted this QC because I was on vacation and rushed it, but I did get this video of the date change and do notice now that the alignment on the 20s are misaligned so that the bottom of the 2 of the previous date peaks out from the left corner. Is this fixable by having a watchsmith shift the datewheel up a tiny bit or do I have to mod it?

https://vimeo.com/373434514/a2a6116d3c

Issue starts at 1:55.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Hi guys,

I accepted this QC because I was on vacation and rushed it, but I did get this video of the date change and do notice now that the alignment on the 20s are misaligned so that the bottom of the 2 of the previous date peaks out from the left corner. Is this fixable by having a watchsmith shift the datewheel up a tiny bit or do I have to mod it?

https://vimeo.com/373434514/a2a6116d3c

Issue starts at 1:55.

Who is ur td providing u videos ? I don’t get that service with mine...

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Actually scratch that, it arrived and it doesn't actually have the issue visible unless I go macro and in a weird angle lol. It's quite a bit bigger than I expected though, I was expecting Nautilus size.

simab mk

Gold Patron
Certified
7/12/18
Has anyone successfully modded this to move the 7 and 5 markers over a bit to cover the line under the 5 (i.e. 5 flaw)?

If possible, go for the kmf dial modded with ZF markers rather than trying to mod the ZF dial. That is the best combination available as of now. Our fellow member spongebob can help you out with this mod.

doncarlos21

Horology Curious
22/10/15
Hi guys

Just got my QC pictures from PureTime for a ZF 5167A
Might be a stupid question, but the first value of the witschi software measures the actual time difference the watch has, right?
If so, is 16,1s/d an acceptable amount?
Seems a bit high to me...

Just wanted to know if this was maybe known for this movement?

LRNt1.jpg

Also, is something wrong with the "1" on the 12 marker or is it just me/the angle?
Looks really above the 2 on this shot

LRFH4.jpg

LRG1I.jpg

Last edited:

Accuphase

17/9/18
Watch is running extremely fast per hours every day. It could be watch magnetised and need to demagnetizing. If that does not work must send to watchmaker for repair.

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
Watch is running extremely fast per hours every day. It could be watch magnetised and need to demagnetizing. If that does not work must send to watchmaker for repair.

Mine had exactly the same problem...watch smith discovered that balance wheel was completely twisted and stuck, so it run faster cause the spiral was shorter

Last edited:

andrewmb

8/9/19

I had the same thing too, but searched on here and saw a suggestion to let the watch wind down and then give it a hard tap against the palm of your hand in case there is a tangle in the hairspring. Now mine is keeping good time. I will get it serviced at some point to be safe!