• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s here! AQUANAUT ZF

Midnightx

17/3/17
What about the KMF, in your opinion, makes it better than the ZF?

What i've noticed has been bezel thickness, crown thickness, and overall thickness, dial print, etc. The movement is less obviously fake because of purple instead of red jewels (although personally i think the red ones are more beautiful) and there's a few other things

Honestly i'm just overthinking and over analyzing but i just can't decide its weird.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
What i've noticed has been bezel thickness, crown thickness, and overall thickness, dial print, etc. The movement is less obviously fake because of purple instead of red jewels (although personally i think the red ones are more beautiful) and there's a few other things

Honestly i'm just overthinking and over analyzing but i just can't decide its weird.

Even if no chinese movement will ever be so niceley finished like the gen and you wouldnt fool anyone with none of them hehe - on the orther points i agree with you.

Midnightx

17/3/17
Even if no chinese movement will ever be so niceley finished like the gen and you wouldnt fool anyone with none of them hehe - on the orther points i agree with you.

Yeah i know and i agree completely but it's still worth pointing out. And like i said i honestly really prefer the red

BIONONE

28/4/17
In the end the construction and position of the balance bridge and other parts is more gen like on the ZF but KMF left those things away and they achieved a better thinness... so this is a thing of personal preferences anyway hehe :D

Reactions: vcappp

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Mech bringing the clear concise review as always. Nice watch, like you say designs a bit Meh for me. Decent rep though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500

ywg

3/7/17
Are they actually making one?

Yes, the movement is now completed, but V6F are testing reliability and fixing all the issues present on the prototype. I have a feeling it will be another 4-6 months until V6F releases their 5711 with the 324 super clone. Fucking revolutionary, and hopefully it makes Omagad's list, I can only dream of a 5711 super rep out of the box!

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Yes, the movement is now completed, but V6F are testing reliability and fixing all the issues present on the prototype. I have a feeling it will be another 4-6 months until V6F releases their 5711 with the 324 super clone. Fucking revolutionary, and hopefully it makes Omagad's list, I can only dream of a 5711 super rep out of the box!

This is great news

Reactions: glee79

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I've compared it to my V6F SW201 version. ZF seems to be the winner here still. I think we have a new winner, so long as the date wheel is a good example.

RSOyh.jpg

RSqNs.jpg

RSdDp.jpg

RSYeX.jpg

RSFHf.jpg

RSgyQ.jpg

RSl8A.jpg

RSoBT.jpg

RSGee.jpg

RSxHK.jpg

RSkvL.jpg

I used the V6F strap to see if it would fit for the review, but it fits a bit tighter on my wrist.

Overall I would say here is my comparison to the V6F and gen:
  • dial: smoother sunburst than V6F, similar to gen. Winner is ZF. Numerals are similar, however the line behind the “5” marker goes past the lower part of the 5, which is unlike gen. Still, the ZF is overall better IMO.
  • hands: equivalent
  • Lume: V6F has way better lume. ZF has skinny "1" plots, which makes it appear blotchy at night. It's not noticeable in pics.
  • date wheel: I got a particularly good copy that wasn’t left justified. However the winner still is V6F simply because it’s properly centered the majority of the time
  • midcase: thinner than V6F
  • crown guards: ZF more appropriate to the size of gen, V6F is bigger
  • crown: V6F is slightly bigger
  • bezel: brushing is similar, ZF is a bit finer, but not noticeably.
  • thickness: V6F is thicker both on top and the bottom parts. ZF measured 8.89mm and the V6F was 9.6mm
  • movement: reliability is clearly with the SW201, but the Miyota is no slouch either. It has a louder rotor, but there is no decoration at all on the sw201 and the ZF has proper-ish decoration and correctly placed orientation of the balance wheel. ZF is probably the winner here.
  • Strap: V6F is slightly more rigid, which is good. Winner is V6F
  • clasp: ZF seems better constructed and engraved.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I've compared it to my V6F SW201 version. ZF seems to be the winner here still. I think we have a new winner, so long as the date wheel is a good example.

RSOyh.jpg

RSqNs.jpg

RSdDp.jpg

RSYeX.jpg

RSFHf.jpg

RSgyQ.jpg

RSl8A.jpg

RSoBT.jpg

RSGee.jpg

RSxHK.jpg

RSkvL.jpg

I used the V6F strap to see if it would fit for the review, but it fits a bit tighter on my wrist.

Overall I would say here is my comparison to the V6F and gen:
  • dial: smoother sunburst than V6F, similar to gen. Winner is ZF. Numerals are similar, however the line behind the “5” marker goes past the lower part of the 5, which is unlike gen. Still, the ZF is overall better IMO.
  • hands: equivalent
  • Lume: V6F has way better lume. ZF has skinny "1" plots, which makes it appear blotchy at night. It's not noticeable in pics.
  • date wheel: I got a particularly good copy that wasn’t left justified. However the winner still is V6F simply because it’s properly centered the majority of the time
  • midcase: thinner than V6F
  • crown guards: ZF more appropriate to the size of gen, V6F is bigger
  • crown: V6F is slightly bigger
  • bezel: brushing is similar, ZF is a bit finer, but not noticeably.
  • thickness: V6F is thicker both on top and the bottom parts. ZF measured 8.89mm and the V6F was 9.6mm
  • movement: reliability is clearly with the SW201, but the Miyota is no slouch either. It has a louder rotor, but there is no decoration at all on the sw201 and the ZF has proper-ish decoration and correctly placed orientation of the balance wheel. ZF is probably the winner here.
  • Strap: V6F is slightly more rigid, which is good. Winner is V6F
  • clasp: ZF seems better constructed and engraved.

8.9 mm ZF we need the truth plz ????