• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JJF pp 5711 (40 anniversary) v2

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
hello

have you any more pictures off the JJf anni??

have one coming,, do you like it?

I do not own a JJF Anni - mine is PF - the main reason to choose PF was the "diamond" on the case at 6 o'clock (as gen) - to my knowledge no the factory replicates that detail...
Many people complain about the dial color being too dark, too light, too whatever - my personal observation that with the 40th Anniversary version PF did a very good job (even better than their regular 5711). The bracelet on PF is also better (less stiff) compared, let's say, to MKF... The measurements (especially the thickness) of the case are the closest to the gen as well.

Bottom line - I do like my PF 5711 40th Anni edition more than any other Nautilus reps! ;)

Cheers!

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
I have the JJF 40th on route at the moment... May flip it when comes for a PF 40th...

Oh, and another "instant tell" - the PF has the correct "cut" over the crown too - other reps tend to have that "old-fashioned" (and easier to replicate, I guess) semi-circle cut, while the PF (same as gen) has it straight where it is closest to the case...

ci7yuk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/10/17
I do not own a JJF Anni - mine is PF - the main reason to choose PF was the "diamond" on the case at 6 o'clock (as gen) - to my knowledge no the factory replicates that detail...
Many people complain about the dial color being too dark, too light, too whatever - my personal observation that with the 40th Anniversary version PF did a very good job (even better than their regular 5711). The bracelet on PF is also better (less stiff) compared, let's say, to MKF... The measurements (especially the thickness) of the case are the closest to the gen as well.

Bottom line - I do like my PF 5711 40th Anni edition more than any other Nautilus reps! ;)

Cheers!

The JJF has been delivered and has got the diamond at 6 o clock as the pf..

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
The JJF has been delivered and has got the diamond at 6 o clock as the pf..

Really?? the pictures of the JJF version when I was ordering mine (a few months back) were without that "diamond"...
Could you please share some photos of your beauty? If possible - from different angles and different lighting - to get an idea on the dial color/finish and the diamond and the crown housing (from the top view on the dial)

Cheers!

ci7yuk

2/10/17
Really?? the pictures of the JJF version when I was ordering mine (a few months back) were without that "diamond"...
Could you please share some photos of your beauty? If possible - from different angles and different lighting - to get an idea on the dial color/finish and the diamond and the crown housing (from the top view on the dial)

Cheers!

Couple mate there. Just before had to go out!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/S7FXk1eHtF71MYF66

I prefers the dial on this... As pf is a sticker overlay :-/. Never seen one in the flesh...

This is good for the price I think...

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
Couple mate there. Just before had to go out!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/S7FXk1eHtF71MYF66

I prefers the dial on this... As pf is a sticker overlay :-/. Never seen one in the flesh...

This is good for the price I think...

Cool! ThanX, buddy! and congrats on your watch, looks great! The first pic looks wonderful! And you are right - the plate with "40th anni" is sticking over the line at the bottom on PF.
Not trying to poop into your pot of happiness, but honestly the rest of the shots (after the first one) show that the dial is kinda "mate", like "fresh painted"... The gen is in fact slightly sunburst brushed - that gives the unique glow and illusion of color changing to lighter towards the center... This JJF seems a bit kinda "flat" in that department, however the color is good.
But then again - overall it's a great rep, especially once they finally added that diamond! Enjoy!

Cheers!

ci7yuk

2/10/17
Cool! ThanX, buddy! and congrats on your watch, looks great! The first pic looks wonderful! And you are right - the plate with "40th anni" is sticking over the line at the bottom on PF.
Not trying to poop into your pot of happiness, but honestly the rest of the shots (after the first one) show that the dial is kinda "mate", like "fresh painted"... The gen is in fact slightly sunburst brushed - that gives the unique glow and illusion of color changing to lighter towards the center... This JJF seems a bit kinda "flat" in that department, however the color is good.
But then again - overall it's a great rep, especially once they finally added that diamond! Enjoy!

Cheers!

It's the LED unatural light in that room... Why dual looks that way... Otherwise looks like first pic always on pics...

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
It's the LED unatural light in that room... Why dual looks that way... Otherwise looks like first pic always on pics...

ThanX, Then it's good!
The cut above crown on the crown-guard is kinda a bit weird, but it's not as noticeable on the wrist, I guess...

As I said earlier - the color of the dial is great! It has a slight "teal" hint on that blue - which is very close to gen...

I hope one day you'll take this beauty out for a walk on a sunny day and maybe snap some pictures in a sunlight too... ;)

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe

Please more pics please... we need to see members pics of the PF and JJF in different lighting.. to help us out.

ci7yuk

2/10/17
Hello. Sorry just on a trip... I will sort pictures tomorrow.

Regards

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Hey guys.. any one can help us with more pics of this beauty?? not asking for a full review, just few more pics in different lighting, and full pics of around the rep. I'm considering one when the guys at the date wheel thread come out with the JJF date wheel.. I know it's not the same date wheel as the gen 40th Anniversary, but definitely better than this one.

ci7yuk

2/10/17
Hey guys.. any one can help us with more pics of this beauty?? not asking for a full review, just few more pics in different lighting, and full pics of around the rep. I'm considering one when the guys at the date wheel thread come out with the JJF date wheel.. I know it's not the same date wheel as the gen 40th Anniversary, but definitely better than this one.

Sorry I forgot!! I will get tomorrow for you...

ci7yuk

2/10/17
Probably gonna be flipping this if anyone interested :). Keeping the Aquanaut :)

Up2uimeasy

Horology Curious
26/1/19
Please have a verdict on which rep is best out of the two, I’m itching pick one up