• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JJF pp 5711 (40 anniversary) v2

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
congrats buddy.. happy for you really.. so the plate of the 40th anniversary at the 6 o"clock mark is not really visible on the wrist ? it doesn't bother you?

Simurgh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/2/16
Wow thanks for sharing. This is a most impressive release and don't see anything else coming out soon for this watch. I may just get myself a Christmas gift this year!

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I'm going to stick my neck out and say the JJF dial is much better on this and the rose gold nautilus - if you transfer them into the PF cases then it's a perfect combo

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
congrats buddy.. happy for you really.. so the plate of the 40th anniversary at the 6 o"clock mark is not really visible on the wrist ? it doesn't bother you?

What do you mean by "plate...not visible"? Not sure I understand... I didn't have the pleasure of holding the gen in my hands, but I researched a million of hi-reg photos of the gen and the dial seems very close...

Cheers!

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
I'm going to stick my neck out and say the JJF dial is much better on this and the rose gold nautilus - if you transfer them into the PF cases then it's a perfect combo

This might be due to the quality of my pictures - I assure you, in real life the dial on this PF looks perfect.

The guy at work today said "wow! this looks genuine!" Well, he is not really into watches and if he knew that the only way to get that gen these days is to cough up over $200k - so, I had to disappoint him and said it is yet another rep. I never EVER pretend that I'm wearing a gen if it is a rep - I do own some nice gens (of course, a bit lower price-range) for that... he-he ;)

So, this dial does play in the light a lot. And the hour-marks "diamonds" do spark like crazy too! Looking at tons of pics of gen under different angles and with various lighting - it seems very close. Not sure if there is any difference at all between JJF and this PF (in terms of the actual dial) - they might be actually sharing the same "sub-contractor" for the dial... he-he ;)

Cheers!

Reactions: SpackJarrow

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
Oh, and after a lot of research - I wouldn't spend that much more money (compared to JJF), even with that 6 o'clock "diamond", if the dial would look any worse than JJF...

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Oh, and after a lot of research - I wouldn't spend that much more money (compared to JJF), even with that 6 o'clock "diamond", if the dial would look any worse than JJF...

The colour in my opinion is off on the PF - JJF seems to nail it in my opinion albeit I’ve never seen a gen in the flesh. The thing that annoys me about the PF is the stickers on the dial for the “Patek Philippe” and the “40th anniversary” for a $500 rep it’s shocking whereas JJF have it as part of their dial.

With exception of the normal blue dial, I think JJF really nail their dials.....just my opinion of course!

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
The colour in my opinion is off on the PF - JJF seems to nail it in my opinion albeit I’ve never seen a gen in the flesh. The thing that annoys me about the PF is the stickers on the dial for the “Patek Philippe” and the “40th anniversary” for a $500 rep it’s shocking whereas JJF have it as part of their dial.

With exception of the normal blue dial, I think JJF really nail their dials.....just my opinion of course!

Oh, I get it now - that "plato" (like a sticker over the "regular" 5711 dial) - doesn't really seem like it is "applied" over the dial, more like that area is just slightly uneven with the rest of the dial at the edges. Definitely not visible on the wrist and even with 10x magnification it is slightly noticeable only under certain angles...

Not even close to that missing (on all, but PF) diamond at 6 o'clock - that one really does play in the light and much easier to spot than that "plato sticker" for "Patek Philippe" and "40th anni" areas...

Cheers!

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
...and the dial color is pretty much the same - again, with this model the dial "play" in the light a lot and it is hard to compare, even with gen, as it changes with every single degree on viewing angle.
Besides that (already annoying to most, I guess) diamond, the back of the case, the cut over the crown, the thickness and how it sits on you wrist - those are much more noticeable differences than the slightly raised edges of the writing areas...

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
...and the dial color is pretty much the same - again, with this model the dial "play" in the light a lot and it is hard to compare, even with gen, as it changes with every single degree on viewing angle.
Besides that (already annoying to most, I guess) diamond, the back of the case, the cut over the crown, the thickness and how it sits on you wrist - those are much more noticeable differences than the slightly raised edges of the writing areas...

As I said take the JJF dial and put it in the PF case, exactly what I’ve done for my white dial. Enhances the watch so much more. The PF 40th is a bad rep, Dial is far too dark. I’ve held it and sold it after a day.

prdk-

Known Member
29/11/14
Unfortunately at the case back the Hallmarks and Maker's Marks are missing....... It is after all a platinum watch with diamonds and white gold....... But I know......who cares.....

But I have to say, the 12 applied baton hour markers (white gold with baguette diamonds ~0.34ct) are pretty close..... For this beautiful 700 pcs limited edition.....

Last edited:

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
From what I've seen, JJF's blue colour has an ocean blue appearance and it looks similar to genuine, the blue color on the PF tinted towards dark blue, which is a little bit off.

Reactions: vcappp

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
And yet, the datewheel is still not corrected

Reactions: stoyania

ci7yuk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/10/17
I have the JJF 40th on route at the moment... May flip it when comes for a PF 40th...

Patekfinatic

Looking Around
9/1/19
Looking to buy a PF PP5711. Please offer any insights on the best TD to use for best quality. I’d rather spend more :) thanks so much for your help guys