• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JJF pp 5711 (40 anniversary) v2

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
The anniversary edition is also larger diameter than the regular 5711.

If you're going to talk about something please be educated on it, so you don't spread misinformation. Big problem in the world today.

Since you are asking for not spreading misinformation, I'd like to correct the info you posted if I kindly may. The 5711/1P 40th anniversary is not larger than the regular 5711. It's the same size. The chrono one is bigger, not the 5711.

Don't take it from me, take it from the PP press release of the 40th anniversary editions. I do my research as well ;)

Screenshot_20180913-203356_One_Drive.jpg

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
It cracks me up how uneducated some of the rep community is. No wonder you aren't sure if you can pull off a certain watch. You don't even know any of the details of the real one.

To the person above, the Gen is NOT gold. The Gen is PLATINUM hence the diamond at 6 o'clock like on all PLATINUM Pateks. The anniversary edition is also larger diameter than the regular 5711.

The Nautilus chronograph anniversary edition is White Gold.

If you're going to talk about something please be educated on it, so you don't spread misinformation. Big problem in the world today.

Nailed it LOLOLOL. You’re an absolute idiot. 5711-1P is same size as 5711-1A etc..

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I had the feeling something bad will happen back when the guy with the post count of 20 made statements like these...

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I had the feeling something bad will happen back when the guy with the post count of 20 made statements like these...

I have a faint remembrance of that guy. I'm pretty positive that he has shot one out like that before. I'll go find it, let me see.

EDIT: I remembered... He's on the official QT Idiot list

Reactions: BIONONE

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Yes, I questioned him on that assertion on the previous page, but he has since disappeared from the thread.

Or maybe I was too subtle. I was trying to be polite.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Yes, I questioned him on that assertion on the previous page, but he has since disappeared from the thread.

Or maybe I was too subtle. I was trying to be polite.

Polite doesn't work with some people mate. :)

Reactions: Killermoth17

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
Could someone please send the images of the gen to all the replica makers? Or at least a link to Patek website...
The JJF version on the 40th Anni says on the engraving "...adjusted to NEAT GOLD isochronism" :) it is "...HEAT COLD" - the Patek adjusts to ambient temp fluctuations (as the spring changes its property due to temp), not to "neat gold" or any other properties of a particular precious metals. What a joke!
Other versions have misspelled "adjusted" or the "isochronism", missing "to", spell "GENEVA" with "C", etc... How hard is that to read it from the photos of the gen on the original site? :)

Cheers!

BIONONE

28/4/17
Could someone please send the images of the gen to all the replica makers? Or at least a link to Patek website...
The JJF version on the 40th Anni says on the engraving "...adjusted to NEAT GOLD isochronism" :) it is "...HEAT COLD" - the Patek adjusts to ambient temp fluctuations (as the spring changes its property due to temp), not to "neat gold" or any other properties of a particular precious metals. What a joke!
Other versions have misspelled "adjusted" or the "isochronism", missing "to", spell "GENEVA" with "C", etc... How hard is that to read it from the photos of the gen on the original site? :)

Cheers!

Welcome to RWI.

if you read yourself through the information about the rep world and how this works you will find the simple answer to that.

How easy is it for you to read mandarin or any other chinese symbol/font or word?

Its pretty much easy as that - it is not their native language - nor their native signs/letters/symbols.

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
Welcome to RWI.

if you read yourself through the information about the rep world and how this works you will find the simple answer to that.

How easy is it for you to read mandarin or any other chinese symbol/font or word?

Its pretty much easy as that - it is not their native language - nor their native signs/letters/symbols.

Thank you, BIONONE! Sorry my very first post here seemed a bit negative - didn't mean that! :)

As for "reading" Chinese (as Cantonese and Mandarin share the same/similar hieroglyphs, if I'm not mistaken) - I have Google Translate for that (I do use it sometimes when tracking my replica orders - whatever is posted in English is too vague, like "in transit to next destination", and the Chinese "version" of the same update actually tells me that my watch, for example, already left China and enroute to JFK in New York!) :)

That is why I said - to use pictures (good quality, well magnified) to simply reproduce the characters and the order of the characters. Also, there are many people in China who speak perfect English - so, to find a guy to proof-read the prototype, before it goes to production, shouldn't be that difficult. Just saying... Going through all the troubles and hard work to produce such nice clones and miss the sale just because some OCD prick, like myself here, finds the typo... :)

Cheers!

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
By the way, does anybody knows if the PF version of the 40th Anni is still available from any seller?

I do not care really about the spelling on the movement, even though the movement itself looks very different from the gen (with JJF being a bit closer to gen)...
But that PF version is the ONLY one with the right (almost) thickness and, most importantly, with that magic little diamond on the side of the case near 6 o'clock!

Anybody? I'm holding my credit card in my hand right now...

Cheers!

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
By the way, does anybody knows if the PF version of the 40th Anni is still available from any seller?

I do not care really about the spelling on the movement, even though the movement itself looks very different from the gen (with JJF being a bit closer to gen)...
But that PF version is the ONLY one with the right (almost) thickness and, most importantly, with that magic little diamond on the side of the case near 6 o'clock!

Anybody? I'm holding my credit card in my hand right now...

Cheers!

Message any TD..I’m sure it’s available

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
Message any TD..I’m sure it’s available

Thank you! Looks like I've found one (the PF model - the only one so far with that little diamond on the case!) and already got the QC and timegrapher test pics. Will share my own timegrapher results and the measurements with caliper in a week or so (hopefully).

Unless, nobody is interested... ;)

BIONONE

28/4/17
Thank you! Looks like I've found one (the PF model - the only one so far with that little diamond on the case!) and already got the QC and timegrapher test pics. Will share my own timegrapher results and the measurements with caliper in a week or so (hopefully).

Unless, nobody is interested... ;)

looking forward to this mini-review ;)

Simurgh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/2/16
Please share with us the review CiPHeR!

It's a shame that the JJF version doesn't have the diamond at 6 because it's really quite reasonably priced by today's standards.

Reactions: vcappp

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
Please share with us the review CiPHeR!

It's a shame that the JJF version doesn't have the diamond at 6 because it's really quite reasonably priced by today's standards.

It's still somewhere in the mail over the ocean :) I promise to get some pictures, measurements and timegrapher result the next day after I get it ;)
Cheers!

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
Finally, my 40th Anni 5711 is here! it is under 8.9mm thick. Looks perfect and with that little diamond on the case! Very nice "soft-bendy" bracelet, not like stiff MK, which is "hovering" 5mm off your wrist on both sides before it bends downwards :)
I'll see if I can post some pics here - grabbed a few just now with my iPhone...

Cheers!

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
Comments to the images:
1. As you can see - I'm obsessed with that little diamond on the case!
2. thickness is 8.89mm
3. the "eBay version" is for comparing the thickness (check it's name ; "Steel Bagelsport"... Haha... Others at least call theirs as "Peter Lee")...
4. as you can see from the timegrapher test (my own, not from QC pics) - the movement is in perfect shape so far!
5. and next to that "Bagelsport" (crown shot) - you can see how flexible the bracelet is... and O was not even trying to show it - just noticed...
8. it is SOOOO comfortable on my wrist - barely even notice that! (after a day with 44mm Pam on SS bracelet)...
9. pictures do NOT do justice to the nice and sparkly baguette "diamonds" on hour marks - those are "playing" in the light like the real thing - from the "normal" distance like when you look at your watch normally - you hardly can even tell the difference. Definitely not like that "broken beer bottle glass" which is used in some other reps...

Overall - very happy with my first serious Patek rep addition to my collection of 40+ reps...
Hope this was not too boring! ;)

Again - sorry about these iPhone photos - I was too excited about this new watch to get all my DSLR and flashlights/softboxes and then process the pics in Lightroom until morning.., :)

Cheers!

Reactions: glee79

CiPHeR

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/18
Brooklyn, New York
Oh, one more thing (for my OCD friends) - the case diameter (from 10 o'clock to 4 o'clock) is just under +0.08mm off from the perfect 40mm...

Reactions: glee79