• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KMF pp5396 v2

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Vfizg.jpg

Updates include:

- Shape of the marker on the dial is more 3D and gen like
- Moonphase dial colour is closer to gen (including the shapes e.g moon and stars)
- The case polishing is significantly better than v1
- Bought the gen leather strap to replicate the strap, using Italian leather and the stitching is more precise and detailed, plus the colour is going to match with gen.

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
Looking good
The thing that always bug me is size of day and month window. Hope they make its right this time

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Are they going to update the FONT for the dates????

G

Great. So a complete waste of time then?

I really don't understand the factories sometimes. Its like they have idiots in charge. They go to all the bother of replicating the deco plates, etc and other things that in the grand scheme of things are minuscule in difference. Yet they miss the basics like the correct font and date.

RepJelly

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/18
Anyone order this yet?

Any of the functions, other than date, actually work properly?

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
really bad date font

Last edited:

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
For some reason all factories fail on the date fonts...

This is what I find so baffling, and so frustrating. How can factories go through such extraordinary lengths to get everything else (including the dial print) nearly perfect, and then just slap in an absolute crap datewheel font that looks absolutely nothing like the gen.

Picture that conversation - "I want it to look EXACTLY LIKE THIS GENUINE WATCH. Except for that part there. That part can just be whatever. Don't even care. Just bring me whatever you have laying around. Just crayon something. Seriously, whatever you have."

As we're all seeing in the datewheel thread, it's certainly not an easy process to get the factories to produce exactly what you provide them for design, but surely there should be some attempted persistence and follow-up to try to get it at least somewhat reasonable. I mean, the results from the RWI team are already LEAGUES better than the factories.

It makes me want to partner with a firm there and start something myself.

Maddening.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
This is what I find so baffling, and so frustrating. How can factories go through such extraordinary lengths to get everything else (including the dial print) nearly perfect, and then just slap in an absolute crap datewheel font that looks absolutely nothing like the gen.

Picture that conversation - "I want it to look EXACTLY LIKE THIS GENUINE WATCH. Except for that part there. That part can just be whatever. Don't even care. Just bring me whatever you have laying around. Just crayon something. Seriously, whatever you have."

As we're all seeing in the datewheel thread, it's certainly not an easy process to get the factories to produce exactly what you provide them for design, but surely there should be some attempted persistence and follow-up to try to get it at least somewhat reasonable. I mean, the results from the RWI team are already LEAGUES better than the factories.

It makes me want to partner with a firm there and start something myself.

Maddening.

Yeah its crazy, I dont get it either. I heard there is a lot of miscommunication with the printing "company".

I guess printing something is more difficult than getting a piece of steel 1:1....

a5539925

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/18
They just use the cheap stock datewheels of the movements. They didn’t even try

Rina1988

Known Member
21/7/16
i emailed my TD and she said "i am afraid it is hard to source one with all the fonts centered. we can only try to source a better one from them".

glee79

9/3/17
The datewheel is lowered a few mm down below the dial, looks bad.