• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[New Prod] MK nautilus 5177

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
The big picture is that the factories are businesses trying to make money and they don’t give two hot shits about trying to appease obsessive hobbyists like ourselves

Reactions: stufuse and Rep_Fan

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Can you post some datewheel close ups? Need to see the double digits 10 to 19

I mentioned on another thread jokingly, that we should only wear the watch from the 10th to the 19th of each month. Those dates appears to be at their best because it fills the date calendar window similar to the the gen, but that can only be verified by pictures that you have requested.

Also, we need to know if the date wheel project product(s) will be compatible for the MKF V5.

Rep_Fan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/18
yt
The big picture here is that the rep factory is charging an exceedingly high price for a pub par product with a dirt cheap miyota movement inside.The MKF even replaced all their 2892-based mark 17 with miyota movements to further curtail the costs, which turned out to be a joke as the miyota-based IWCs are nowhere like gen.

You may think that the big picture is that the rep factories are making progress, but in reality only a few of them really do. Some of them are going backwards due to a variety of different reasons.

LMAO...What do you expect/want for a rep at a fraction of the price?

Go look at and try buying a bona fide Patek if you really wanna see "an exceedingly high price" product.

Last edited:

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Anyone knows the bracelet feel ? I have old mkf v4 and the bracelet was bad :S

I'd like to know, as well. The MKF V4 bracelet was horrible, and has a clasp that was hard to unlock. According to InTime, it appears that the strap and clasp were substantially improved.

Reactions: vcappp

555yedped

30/7/18
Cambridge
Would the white 5711 mk v5 be the best out of the box rep or a super rep?. After reading the best nautilus rep guide by Godfather, his white nautilus project which consisted of bp v1 case (non decorated movement) with mkf dial and had a thickness of 9.1mm. The new mk v5 has a good date wheel, decorated movement and I'm pretty sure the dial quality is better.

Repwatcher01

25/8/18
Would the white 5711 mk v5 be the best out of the box rep or a super rep?. After reading the best nautilus rep guide by Godfather, his white nautilus project which consisted of bp v1 case (non decorated movement) with mkf dial and had a thickness of 9.1mm. The new mk v5 has a good date wheel, decorated movement and I'm pretty sure the dial quality is better.

I think we all expect it will prove to be the best Nautilus rep, but I don't think anyone is ready to call it a super rep without considerably more investigation. Personally, I doubt it. But time will tell.

Reactions: gilrob

SmartyPants

18/5/17
I'd like to know, as well. The MKF V4 bracelet was horrible, and has a clasp that was hard to unlock. According to InTime, it appears that the strap and clasp were substantially improved.

Yes, the bracelet was absolute garbage. Not only did it feel crappy but you had to perform the shave mod but even then the lugs wouldn’t hug your wrist. That was a huge issue with this watch which made it unwearable for me.

johnlia

Watchlover
23/1/17
Italy
I would rather get the mk just for the dial.. the indices are soo aligned with the dots...

555yedped

30/7/18
Cambridge
I think we all expect it will prove to be the best Nautilus rep, but I don't think anyone is ready to call it a super rep without considerably more investigation. Personally, I doubt it. But time will tell.

the lume on the white version looks too green imo so maybe if we do dial swap and hand swap it could work. any ideas on good white 5711 dial?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
the lume on the white version looks too green imo so maybe if we do dial swap and hand swap it could work. any ideas on good white 5711 dial?

The dials on the MKF are considered the best, most people just send their watches out to get relumed.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
Reactions: mech500