• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[New Prod] MK nautilus 5177

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
I just received _DC_’s 4 years old BP v1, undecorated super slim 5711 and I have to agree that 1mm does a huge difference. I saw a JJF on a friend’s wrist and it looked “tall” and bulky. But we are speaking of less than 1mm.

Strange thing the perspective.

IM3lK.jpg

IMmbe.jpg

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
This date font issue is terribly confusing, first pics that appeared the font was off but close to gen. Now both InTime and puretime pics show smaller fonts.

IWwUo.png

PF's datewheel is far more accurate, but the dial details are really poor, see the way the date window is cut

Completely agreed @ gilrob - The font in this picture is either completely different or the lighting played a trick on all of us. Very disappointing for me.

IeD0A.jpg

IM5jT.jpg

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
Completely agreed @ gilrob - The font in this picture is either completely different or the lighting played a trick on all of us. Very disappointing for me.

IeD0A.jpg

IM5jT.jpg

It can be that the digits starting with 1 are different, i'd wait for trustytime video where he changes the date on the watch

Reactions: vcappp

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
Anyone pulled the trigger?
the more i look at the datawheel the more i am convinced its the same as the pf

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm back in a multi-waiting mode.

1. Waiting for the second batch of the MKF V5 with corrected markings on the movement.
2. Waiting to see if a redesigned case back for the MKF V5 will be made that would reduce the thickness.
3. Waiting to see if the date wheel project/mod is compatible with the MKF V5.
4. Waiting for the KNF PP 5711 to be released.
5. Waiting for the V6F PP 5711 with the cloned 324 SC movement to be released.

So, I'll be waiting for a while, a long while. Some of the above may not even happen. In the meantime, I have a couple of Hublots to look into.

Reactions: vcappp and csthe

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

I'm with you at this point hehe

I will add point 6

6. Waiting for the delayed 15202ST as the best pendant to the genta 5711 ;)

Reactions: vcappp and csthe

Rep_Fan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/18
its better than PF but it still isn't exact like gen. great effort though, just wished it was thinner because these thin watches change in feel completely with just 1mm difference.

You guys are funny -(smh)- and I don't mean funny 'ha-ha'...If you could have sex with a '10' would you complain about 1mm extra thickness on the condom?

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
You guys are funny -(smh)- and I don't mean funny 'ha-ha'...If you could have sex with a '10' would you complain about 1mm extra thickness on the condom?

Condoms are like 0.02mm... imagine a condom of 1.02mm... it is 51x thicker than the norm. You would feel nothing. Nice example you pulled...

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17

1. Waiting for the second batch of the MKF V5 with corrected markings on the movement.
2. Waiting to see if a redesigned case back for the MKF V5 will be made that would reduce the thickness.
3. Waiting to see if the date wheel project/mod is compatible with the MKF V5.
4. Waiting for the KNF PP 5711 to be released.

So, I'll be waiting for a while, a long while. Some of the above may not even happen. In the meantime, I have a couple of Hublots to look into.

The 324 SC super clone project was started years ago and we are still waiting for a prototype to be released. I also have been keeping an eye on that one but my most optimistic expectation is that the V6F super clone V1 can be released next year, before 2020. I will definitely buy one though.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17

The case is not like a condom and the miyota 9015 is not a "10". If they put in a cloned 324SC like the V6F would. I can stand the extra 2-3 mm, but for a dirt cheap 9015? No.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Condoms are like 0.02mm... imagine a condom of 1.02mm... it is 51x thicker than the norm. You would feel nothing. Nice example you pulled...

Ha! "Nice example you pulled..." Was the pun intended?

Rep_Fan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/18
Try to concentrate on the big picture and not be distracted by minute details.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Try to concentrate on the big picture and not be distracted by minute details.

The big picture here is that the rep factory is charging an exceedingly high price for a pub par product with a dirt cheap miyota movement inside.The MKF even replaced all their 2892-based mark 17 with miyota movements to further curtail the costs, which turned out to be a joke as the miyota-based IWCs are nowhere like gen.

You may think that the big picture is that the rep factories are making progress, but in reality only a few of them really do. Some of them are going backwards due to a variety of different reasons.

Last edited: